Summer’s comingggggg! Yaaayyy! I’m so excited to get my hands on all of the colorful, delicious summertime fruit. I mean, who doesn’t like throwing frozen grapes in some bubbly while lounging poolside?
Obviously I do ; ).
Anyway here’s some easy, quick skinny snacks with summer fruit:
+ Berries ( black/boysen/raspb/straw ):
- Add them to Greek yogurt.
- Make this 5 second, fresh au naturel jam.
- Throw a medley of berries into Ezekiel cereal ( or any sprouted cereal ).
- Stuff raspberries with dark chocolate pieces ( more info here ).
- Dip strawberries in dark chocolate for a quick, easy dessert. Watch our tutorial here.
- Dressing: put any berries through a sieve to remove the seeds. Add a bit of olive oil & some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add pinch of sea salt & black pepper & toss into a salad.
- Smoothies!! Duh. Everyone loves a berry smoothie. My favorite: a banana, spinach leaves, raspberries, water, & hemp seeds. Cheers!
+ Green grapes:
- They’re THE best frozen treat. After they’re frozen use them as ice cubes in your wine! Check out this post.
- Eat them with a slice of jalapeño cheese! YUM.
- I am obsessed with grapes + low fat cottage cheese.
- Add sliced grapes to tuna or chicken salad.
- Stomp them into wine. Kidding. Kind of.
+ Tangerines ( aka ‘Cuties’ &/or clementines )
- Literally the perfect ‘purse snack.’ I may or may not carry three in my oversized handbag on the reg.
- These cutie tangy’s are delish in any fruit salad. I am obsessed with this salad.
- This may sound weird. But I’m seriously, serious when I say I always dip tangerine slices into hummus.
- Add sliced tangerines to any chicken dish. The flavors pair well together.
- Use the zest of a tangerine peel ( in substitution of a lemon twist ) in any poolside cocktail.
What’s your favorite way to use summer fruit? xx.L