Summer’s comingggggg! Yaaayyy! I’m so excited to get my hands on all of the colorful, delicious summertime fruit. I mean, who doesn’t like throwing frozen grapes in some bubbly while lounging poolside?
Obviously I do ; ).
Anyway here’s some easy, quick skinny snacks with summer fruit:
+ Berries ( black/boysen/raspb/straw ):
- Add them to Greek yogurt.
- Make this 5 second, fresh au naturel jam.
- Throw a medley of berries into Ezekiel cereal ( or any sprouted cereal ).
- Stuff raspberries with dark chocolate pieces ( more info here ).
- Dip strawberries in dark chocolate for a quick, easy dessert. Watch our tutorial here.
- Dressing: put any berries through a sieve to remove the seeds. Add a bit of olive oil & some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add pinch of sea salt & black pepper & toss into a salad.
- Smoothies!! Duh. Everyone loves a berry smoothie. My favorite: a banana, spinach leaves, raspberries, water, & hemp seeds. Cheers!
+ Green grapes:
- They’re THE best frozen treat. After they’re frozen use them as ice cubes in your wine! Check out this post.
- Eat them with a slice of jalapeño cheese! YUM.
- I am obsessed with grapes + low fat cottage cheese.
- Add sliced grapes to tuna or chicken salad.
- Stomp them into wine. Kidding. Kind of.
+ Tangerines ( aka ‘Cuties’ &/or clementines )
- Literally the perfect ‘purse snack.’ I may or may not carry three in my oversized handbag on the reg.
- These cutie tangy’s are delish in any fruit salad. I am obsessed with this salad.
- This may sound weird. But I’m seriously, serious when I say I always dip tangerine slices into hummus.
- Add sliced tangerines to any chicken dish. The flavors pair well together.
- Use the zest of a tangerine peel ( in substitution of a lemon twist ) in any poolside cocktail.
What’s your favorite way to use summer fruit? xx.L
LEAVE A COMMENT
9 replies to “Skinny Ideas for Sassy Summer Fruits”
Really like the idea of grapes in wine!
Yum! Jalapeño cheese n grapes! What a great combo. Thanks for the refreshing snack ideas!
tangerines in hummus? I am SO trying this!!!
Everyone talks about frozen grapes, but I’ve never tired it. Going to have to give it a go!
these are some great tips! i loved the raspberry with chocolate in it.. tried it the last time you posted it. fyi, i’m pretty sure Cuties are clementines, not tangerines..
Those are all great ways to incorporate healthy foods into your daily diet. My favorite is adding fruit to Greek yogurt. What’s your favorite?
From my childhood up to now, I always get excited about eating berries. Very immune system boosting! Yum!
I always feel good if I can eat fruits like this! 🙂
The wholesale jerseys outlet sale right now, wholesale fashionable sports nike NFL
jerseys from China are selling. we offer fast shipment & good quality to you, check
us out! More From: wholeale jerseys