I’ve said it once & I’ll say it again: collagen is QUEEN.
THAT’S RIGHT. I live for collagen.
You know this because I’ve done a post on supermodels’ best kept secrets BUT I’ve had so many questions on the topic that I feel like it deserves another moment.
I mean name one woman who doesn’t want to prevent &/or REVERSE signs of aging, improve digestion… & strengthen her hair & nails? SHIT, sign me up, right?
Before I ever recommend products, I test them on myself.
Call me a guinea pig because I’ve been using Vital Proteins Marine Collagen & just LOVING all the benefits. I throw a scoop in my smoothie OR down it in hot water in the AM and PM. Why I like this brand: it’s non-GMO, no BS, wild caught, & unflavored. SIMPLE. ONE ingredient.
Beware because after doing some research I’ve seen a lot of collagen brands on the market that are full of filler. If you’re buying collagen, MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE INGREDIENTS.
Let’s explore the benefits deeper because THEY ARE TOO INSANE.
Here’s why every woman should be drinking their daily collagen:
1. Prevents the onset signs of aging: by increasing skin moisture levels, the development of lines and wrinkles diminish. Weirdly enough, this allows your makeup to sit better. Kind of like a primer. YES PLZ.
2. Reverses the signs of aging: not only does collagen prevent the signs of aging, it can actually reverse some signs such as fine lines, deep wrinkles, & reduced elasticity. This is MAJOR.
3. Improves digestion – two ways collagen helps digestion: 1.) it supports hydrochloric acid production in our stomach, which makes digestion easier & 2.) collagen helps to repair the sensitive lining & infrastructure of the stomach, & small/large intestines. Improving digestion has also been known to improve skin issues such as acne, eczema, & rosacea. It’s even helped with my leg rash.
4. Strengthens hair & nails: collagen protein is the foundation of hair & nails. Loyal collagen consumers notice that their hair and nails grow faster, stronger, & more luscious. This is often the first noticeable benefit of many from regular collagen intake. Kind of like Biotin on crack.
5. Helps with cellulite: Collagen is the protein that forms the connective tissue in your skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Structural changes in the skin such as weakened collagen can make cellulite more apparent because the skin thins, loses shape, and is less able to conceal the irregularities below the surface. Collagen has got your back, literally.
Anything for hair growth, no wrinkles, & improved digestion! Especially when it’s easy, accessible, & painless. No needles is a PLUS.
OH! Did I mention there’s 11 grams of protein in a scoop? Sort of a no brainer guys. Is anyone else a collagen fan? I cannot explain my excitement over COLLAGEN. Two scoops a day keeps the wrinkles away.
– lauryn x