GET TO KNOW LAURYN
- The smell of matches is the BEST smell…ever?
- I order olive oil from room service at hotels to take my makeup off.
- My daughter, Zaza, is named after Zsa Zsa Gabor…but it’s pronounced Za-Za because for years I pronounced it wrong.
- I read at least 3 to 4 books a month.
- Oversharing is my brand. I was born an oversharer.
- I had double jaw surgery & was swollen for years. I looked like Sloth from The Goonies.
- I shave my face once a week with shaving cream & all.
- My showers are specific. I like a freezing fucking cold 3 minutes shower in the morning & at night I like to wind down with a eucalyptus hot shower (with a salt rock night light).
- People call me an extrovert but I’m actually an introvert.
- My human design is a reflector.
- When I discovered voice notes there was no turning back. Fuck texts. Voice notes are efficient.
- My husband & I met when we were in 6th grade. We haven’t dated that long though. We dated when we were 12 until we were 15, broke up & got back together when we graduated college.
- I love spooning my chihuahuas, Pixy & Boone.
- My favorite place to be jet lagged is Gstaad & St. Tropez. I also love Cabo.
- The best part of The Skinny Confidential is the community.
- I started The Skinny Confidential when i was bored as shit in college in 2011.
- Nothing gets me more heated than when people are rude to servers at restaurants.
- There’s nothing better than a big date with raw almond butter & chocolate chips on top.
- Brazilian Bossa nova is always playing in our house.
- My drink of choice is a skinny jalapeño margarita. Extra spicy with a half rim of salt plz.
- My parents encouraged an entrepreneurial spirit at a young age.
- I have 2 sisters & a brother.
- I look up to Howard Stern.
- My favorite perfume is Egyptian musk oil.
- Everyone who comes into our house must wear a pink shoe cover. There’s nothing grosser than shoes on carpet. I mean can you image everything people have stepped in? No semen shoes allowed
Lauryn Evarts Bosstick has turned her passion for beauty, wellness & no-censor advice into one of the most distinctive blogs online today, The Skinny Confidential. Along with the blog Lauryn released her own book, The Skinny Confidential Lifestyle Guide & a BODY App, which is a monthly subscription service that includes new workouts & meal plans.
In partnership with her husband, Michael Bosstick, Lauryn hosts the cheeky entrepreneurial podcast, The Skinny Confidential HIM & HER, which just hit 81 million downloads. Lauryn works with the top tier brands while continuing to connect with her community on a daily basis.
The Skinny Confidential has been featured in SHAPE, Women’s Health Magazine, SELF Magazine, The Gary Vee Show, People Magazine,The Lady Gang, Juicy Scoop, Who What Wear & she was one of Create & Cultivate’s top 100 beauty bloggers. Lauryn is an author, blogger, podcaster, entrepreneur & mother.
She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, her daughter Zaza, & her chihuahuas. You can find her reading, writing, practicing Pilates, or spooning her two chihuahuas.
Now you got the bio down, allow me to really introduce myself. I’m Lauryn, I graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in TV Broadcasting…
...but college was boring the fuck out of me.
While bartending, teaching fitness classes & finishing up my degree I decided to take action. I slowly built The Skinny Confidential, not making a dime for 3 years, & now, over the past 12 years, The Skinny Confidential has developed from a health & fitness blog to a total lifestyle with an incredible community.
It’s ultimately your cheeky resource for everything beauty & wellness. You can expect a TON of over-sharing & lots of taboo topics. It’s like a bag of Chex Mix- you never know what you’re gonna get. We talk everything from camel toes, Botox, birth control, vagina steaming, death, kegels, organic tampons, surgery, legal sex work ( ya, we did a podcast with the head bunny of The Bunny Ranch, you gotta listen ). You won’t be finding pastel macarons here. Why? Because I love getting into the real shit.
Anyways, you get it. We go there. The goal is to use the blog as a platform to connect with women around the world & showcase MAJOR REALNESS. Also, I have absolutely no censor.
If you’re bored as shit in college too, defs check out more of my story HERE & HERE. Oh, & I also co-founded a blog design company, @blogdoo & a blogger’s ebook with my best friend Erica of @fashionlush.
My collages are done through Photoshop & for Instagram I love VSCO, Afterlight & Snapseed. A little Facetune to remove a pimple never hurt a flea either. LOL.
You can check out a Master Class I did where you’ll discover all my tips. You can get all the details here. Speaking of my blogger ebook, what you can expect from it is photography tutorials, full resource list, tips for monetizing, brainstorming worksheets, tips on SEO, & expert case studies. But if you’re not into the ebook, I got you. Join our @blogdoo Instagram community for a ton of tips like:
+ How to build a ‘call-to-action’
+ Creating a post series
+ Understanding SEO
+ Overcoming writer’s block
+ Driving traffic to old blog posts
+ Establishing your brand
+ How to approach collabs & partnerships
+ Driving traffic to your blog
+ Developing your voice
+ Choosing a color scheme
Blogging was on my mind 11 years ago. I was attending SDSU & feeling uninspired. The healthy options were also slim pickings & there were 20k girls on the campus. I noticed a niche & went with it. I used tips & tricks I picked up over the years to launch TSC. The goal was simple, easy, quick recipes, fitness tips, & beauty tricks. My entrepreneurial journey can be found here.
It has nothing to do with being skinny. I just liked the cheeky word. The Skinny Confidential means to get the juice, get the scoop, & get the skinny.
I just launched The Skinny Confidential Body App. My trainer, Kim Kelly & I launched it together & it has our full workout routines, recipes, & skinny hacks all in one app. More details here.
We currently have 10 people on The Skinny Confidential team. For more info on job opportunities please email email@example.com.
The Skinny Confidential has collaborated with brands like Elizabeth Arden, Smart Sweets, Brooklinen, 7 For All Mankind, Ritual Vitamins & more. For more on collaborations please email firstname.lastname@example.org.That being said I turn down 90% percent of collaborations if they're not right for The Skinny Confidential. I also do not accept free product unless it's something I would wear or use. You will only find things I absolutely love of my site--- ultimately maintaining the integrity of my brand is extremely important to me.
You can read TSC's Privacy and Disclosure Policy here. To find out more about collaborations, click here.