The Skinny Confidential talks diet, fitness, and health.

The Looks-Like-You-Don’t-Have-Any-Makeup-On Makeup Essentials

Updated: July 8, 2014
by
LAURYN

The Skinny Confidential talks diet, fitness, and health.

Makeup’s a real bitch.

Honestly though.

The application process takes some serious dedication.

Right?!

And when it comes to a daytime look, I’m not about to go all Kim K.

I like to keep it light, fresh, dewy, & chill.

No need for clown face on crack…ever.

Anyway if I’m lucky & actually have time for daytime makeup, here’s my OCD recipe/routine/regime:

Prime. Add a lil organic SPF ( find out why I’m a total sunscreen psycho maniac here ) mixed with a light tinted moisturizer & blend this mixture with ‘The Beauty Blender’. This pink sponge is like my bestie when it comes to blending. It seriously gets the job done & doesn’t leave a weird line of foundation. Add eyebrow gel to lashes, curl, more gel, curl again, mascara. Fill in brows with this badass brow kit. Def can’t live without a brow kit. It’s a game changer. After I fill in my brows I add eyebrow gel to my eyebrows ( more on that here ). Throw on a little minty fresh lip balm—- I love minty balm because no one likes smelling breathe. Mint flavored balm really helps with shine & conceals any odor. Lastly add a spray of finishing spray. This one by MAC is insane & sets the makeup, creating that dewy finish.

Oh! And after I take my makeup off, once a week, I use this secret face mask. More here. It takes care of any toxins on my skin & helps keep my skin so fresh & so clean, clean.

My full-blown makeup routine can be found in TSC book.

My favorite daytime makeup brands ( matching with collage ):

♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

OH, ALSO:

23 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Shannon

Hey L!
    I’m having a small problem with the links. I wan to check out that amazing looking brow kit, but the link takes me to the beauty blender (also a staple of mine! Talk about game changer!!).

Thank you so much for you’re awesome blog!
    Shan

2. Ashley

Do you have any advice for how to do brows??? I have never done them before but I think that it is time to include it in my make up routine!

3. Lisa @ Simple Pairings

You’re so right. Going full Kim K every AM is such an effort. I’ve whittled my makeup routine to ten minutes or under – my best mornings are around 7. Even still, I wish it were 3, if that. I’m like you – I must do something for my skin tone, eyebrows, and lashes – the trifecta, right? Need to stick to the basics more often and enjoy the au naturale thing. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!
    Lisa @ Simple Pairings recently posted..latelyMy Profile

4. AJ

I hate being the bearer of bad news. Especially since I heart a lot of these products, but specifically, the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers and foundations ALL contain parabens and other toxic chemicals!!
    Such a shame because I have been using LM for such a long time. They need to take that crap out of their products!
    Thanks for the great tips.
    xx

1. Lauryn Post author

It’s such a bummer : (. I try to avoid chemicals but when it comes to makeup, I haven’t found anything I like besides these product for daytime : (. xx.

5. Ashlee Brown

I read your blog this morning, and I went and bought the Indian Healing Clay. It’s on my face right now as I type! Honestly I am so glad I found your blog, you are the coolest! Never stop blogging ever!!

6. Mary

Love this post! I’m a huge fan of the “no makeup” look as I have long days finishing grad school, full time job and starting up a yoga and coaching business. I need makeup that doesn’t need to be constantly reapplied and won’t make me feel grimy mid-day. Thanks!!