Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, lifestyle blogger, and fashion blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss with apple cider vinegar.

Apple Cider Vinegar & its AMAZE Benefits— Bottoms Up!

April 18, 2013
by
LAURYN

You know what annoys the hell out of me?

Like, I want to rip my hair out because it’s so frustrating?

When people think just because something’s super expensive it’s better than anythingggggg else.

WRONG.

Today I’m sharing a beauty tip that’s insane for skin, hair, nails, weight loss, & detoxification.

Apple.cider.vinegar.

Oh! And ( shocker! ) it’s only $5.99.

Eat your heart out, La Mer.

If the 100% all natural/un-pasteurized/unfiltered version ( not the preservative-filled shit ) isn’t currently chillin’ like a villain in your kitch then go run to the nearest store ASAP.

Why?

Because:

+ Balances pH: by combining one cup of apple cider vinegar with one cup of cold water, you can create your own all natural AM/PM toner.

+ Detoxification: anytime you cleanse ( like this ), drink a few tablespoons of it in the AM. The vinegar helps cleanse the kidneys.

+ Oh hey, anti-aging benefits: say buh-bye to age spots. The above toner will help rid any sun/age exposure.

+ Healthy, shiny hair: add some to your shamps & condition. I added four teaspoons to my MoroccanOil shower products. Read more hair tips here.

+ Tea time: make this detoxing tea to flush your system. Also, Marianna Hewitt swears by this skin detox tea!

+ Weight loss: #theskinnyconfidentialweightlosstipofthecentury: this vinegar sheds those lb’s!

+ For my own freaking benefit: I LOVE the smell of vinegar. Weird? IDK.

Big P.S. the acidity in the vinegar is harsh on teeth. So make sure to drink it from a straw ( like this ) or dilute it in water or tea.

Capisce?

Love.L

{ source }

OH, ALSO:
LISTEN TO THE LATEST PODCAST EPISODE

36 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Christina A

I’ve mixed ACV with warm water in the mornings and it was great in some respects because it (probs TMI) jumpstarted my digestive system. However I noticed that it quickly started to give me really bad stomach cramps and that the acid might have been too much. Has that ever happened to you? Ideas on how to mitigate that?

1. Jaeda

Try adding a splash of fresh ginger root and lemon juice. The lemon alkanizes in your system and ginger root soothes the tummy. I have a juicer and always keep my freshly juiced ginger/lemon juice handy, diluting it in a bit of water before drinking. They also sell organic lemon ginger soothers, in juice form, at most grocery stores.

2. Brittany

Lauryn. I love you. I love the way you write and I love this post. Amen to everything in it… I only wish I loved the smell of it like you. I too HATE when people get so caught up on something because of its high $$$. Stupid. After reading your “eat my heart out La Mer” comment, I laughed out loud and wish we could be friends in real life.

I’ve only recently found your blog (like yesterday I think) and I’m excited to explore because these are my favorite types of posts.

Brittany
    leopardandplaid.com

3. Becky Hillyard

Wow, who knew you can make a natural toner from apple cider vinegar!! That is awesome and I can’t wait to try it. I also have been meaning to try drinking some to detox, just not sure if I will like the taste, this post motivates me to do it. Thanks for sharing!
    xx,
    Becky
    cellajane.blogspot.com
    Becky Hillyard recently posted..April Showers Bring May FlowersMy Profile

4. Amy M.

You SHOULDN’T drink it straight (even just a few tbsps); always dilute it with water. it’s more beneficial to sip it throughout the day (diluted) than to try to take a shot of it undiluted at once. i’ve also read that it loses its benefit when you try to mix it with something like juice. basically – do your own research before trying it out!

5. Pingback: Www.Dixie Online.Org : Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Loss – Why it is the Best

6. rachel

Hi Lauryn!
    I discovered your blog a few months ago and looooove it. I’ve always been active but you inspired me to change up my fitness routine and push myself harder. Anyway, I sprained my ankle a week ago doing burpees (a re-sprain from falling a few months ago) and I’m not able to bear much weight on it. It’s a grade 2 sprain so it will be 6-8 weeks before I can get back to my regular cardio routine. I’ve started doing mat pilates, which is cool because I’ve never gotten into pilates before. I plan to implement swimming soon as well. I was wondering if you have any advice for keeping fit while recovering from an injury? Summer is right around the corner and I really don’t want this to hinder my progress! Any advice would be veryyyy appreciated. Thanks so much! <3

7. Hikari

I was just wondering how much of the vinegar you personally take daily. I just purchased a bottle and I’m so excited to test this out! Thank you =]

8. Lisa

I always used to hear about how good apple cider vinegar but I never really used it as part of my nutrition. After reading this, I am definitely going to pay motre attention to it, and it is already in my list of things to buy! Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa recently posted..Is It Ok to Use Ice On HemorrhoidsMy Profile

9. laurie K Burchfield

Have tried this and did the 1 teaspoon of vinegar in a small glass of water.I did feel a little achy after a while and kinda sluggish. I suffer with severe fibromyalgia and arthritis. I wonder if the detox in it has something to do with it?

10. cheryl

I drink it in the morning… 1 tablespoon w/ a tablespoon of raw honey in a cup of hot water. I also put 1 tablespoon in my Mean Green juice that I make and drink everyday! :)

11. Mya . P

I’ve been taking the ACV tablets every day for about 4-5 weeks . I’ve notice my allergy is much better and I’ve notice my skin clear up. I was wondering by taking the ACV tablets does it help my outer layer skin ? Like sun spot and aging ? Cause my skin is extremely senetive , I wanted to try to do the toner but I’m affried that I’ll broke out. I do see a big different on my skin just by taking the pills . One more question , can I take ACV with other natural supplements ? Can I take it with Chai Seeds but not together ? Do u know the benifits for Chai Seeds ? They’re really good for u look it up and tell me what u think.

12. Mya . P

Hi Lauryn !
    It’s me again , I what to ask how does ACV help u lose weight ? Can it help me flaten my stomach ? How ? It is best to take the ACV in the morning or at night ? Does it matter ? I usually take Chai Seeds in the morning and my other supplements after dinner.

13. Yash Sharma

I will include Apple Cider vinagar in my water Intake and with my vegetable juice and share my findings.

14. Pingback: The Raddest Beauty Product Ever: Indian Healing Clay

15. Sharin B

How much of the 8oz ACV & 8oz water mixture should i drink everyday to help with weight loss?

16. Pingback: Skinny Grocery Essentials That Should be In Everyone's Cupboard

17. Shannon L

I started using acv 2 weeks ago and I have lost 6 lbs already. I also still eat what I want and I’m still losing weight amazing. I have noticed my skin tone is very clear. I have lots of energy since I’ve been using acv. I highly recommend it.

1. Kristy

Hey Shannon…reading your comment gave me hope on my weight loss. Trying to lose my baby fat from 3 kids really isn’t easy. Being a mom of 3 little ones gives me no time to go out and exercise. My exercise is running behind them all day long, from morning till night. Hope ACV really works for me

18. Pingback: Mini DeLites

19. Pingback: A Lil Q & A Sesh

20. Pingback: Eight Foods You Can Buy On AMAZON

21. Pingback: Do We Really *NEED* To Incorporate Toner Into Our Skin Care Routine? | Violet Fog