Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks tricks and tips for weight loss.

Fruit Scrambled Eggs {{w/ TONS of Protein & Fiber}}

Updated: September 28, 2015
by
LAURYN

Ready for this little dime?

Fruit.scrambled.eggs.

I know, I know. Odd combo. But trust me, it’s like having a party in your mouth.

Forget the mountain of ketchup, the fifty shakes of salt, & the fried potatoes that typically complement eggs. Instead add natural sugar [ any kind of berry works ]. You’ll love.love.love.

Plus they’re pink {!!!}.

Cha, cha, check it out:

1.} This recipe serves two. First, crack three eggs in a bowl.

2.} You’ll also need a handful of berries [ my pref: few strawberries & raspberries ] & a small banana.

3.} Mash up berries & the banana [ on separate plates ].

4.} Add berries & bananas to the bowl of eggs. Mix together.

5.} Add to a non-stick pan & scramble the ‘fruit filled eggs’ like normal scrambled eggs. Serve & enjoy.

I enjoyed my protein filled breaky with an amazing diuretic, Lemon Love by Suja.

OH, ALSO:

28 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Lyn

Yep interesting mix! I may just have to try and post on my blog! With credit to you of course 😉 I always mix banana, egg and protein powder to make pancakes so this is kinda similar. I wonder what it’s like with a little protein powder? Have you tried that?
    Lyn recently posted..The Secret to Changing Your Circumstance!My Profile

2. Corey @ When We Wander

Mmm! Those look delish!! ((Not weird at all)) I do something very similar – mash up a banana and mix with some eggwhites, and cook like pancakes!! Drizzle a little agave over the top with some crushed walnuts – YUM
    Corey @ When We Wander recently posted..Sweet Potato ChipsMy Profile

3. Bri

L-O-V-E, LOVE this! Normally I have to fill my omelet with veggies and cheese (which is higher in fat and calories because of the cheese) or douse it in ketchup, which I hate doing, since there is WAY too much sodium in it. This was amazing! I ended up using egg beaters, a whole banana, and frozen berries. I live in MA, and fresh fruit is hard to find since it’s freezing out here, so I had to go with frozen fruit instead of fresh. I could definitely see myself eating eggs more often now. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

4. Catherine

I just came across this and made it for breakfast – amazing!! I used frozen blueberries instead of raspberries so mine turned out blue/purple and I used 1 egg and 1/4 cup of egg whites and it still turned out just fine. Also, I added a dollop of Chobani plain greek yogurt on top – made it very savory. Thanks for the recipe!!

5. Pingback: Food for thought…and just some food | Coffee Stains

6. Cher

Hey! Thanks for posting this recipe, Hope you don’t mind that I use this for my cooking test and The recipe above is used to cook for How many people? [Hope you don’t mind my english as I’m only 13 and I can’t phrase it correctly.]
    ~Cher <3

7. Lashunda

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog. He used
    to be entirely right. This submit actually made my day.
    You can not imagine simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
    Lashunda recently posted..LashundaMy Profile

8. Kelley

Hi Lauryn,
    This recipe can also make “pancakes”

2eggs (or 6-8 egg whites)
    1 banana

Mash
    Put a tiny bit of coconut oil in pan
    Spoon mixture onto medium hot skillet
    Flip when firm

Enjoy

9. Rose

Well, I deviated a little and it did not end well :(. I started with eggs, onions and pepper and added strawberries. Turned out grey and watery. Very strange.

10. Katie

I tried this the other day and really liked it! I think the only thing off-putting is the color. I scrambled strawberries and 1/2 of a banana with 3 eggs and then topped it with some fresh kiwi. It kept me full all morning and tasted similar to oatmeal w/ fruit!

11. Pingback: Scrambled Eggs |