Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks tricks and tips for weight loss.

Fruit Scrambled Eggs {{w/ TONS of Protein & Fiber}}

November 14, 2012
by
LAURYN

Ready for this little dime?

Fruit.scrambled.eggs.

I know, I know. Odd combo. But trust me, it’s like having a party in your mouth.

Forget the mountain of ketchup, the fifty shakes of salt, & the fried potatoes that typically complement eggs. Instead add natural sugar [ any kind of berry works ]. You’ll love.love.love.

Plus they’re pink {!!!}.

Cha, cha, check it out:

1.} This recipe serves two. First, crack three eggs in a bowl.

2.} You’ll also need a handful of berries [ my pref: few strawberries & raspberries ] & a small banana.

3.} Mash up berries & the banana [ on separate plates ].

4.} Add berries & bananas to the bowl of eggs. Mix together.

5.} Add to a non-stick pan & scramble the ‘fruit filled eggs’ like normal scrambled eggs. Serve & enjoy.

I enjoyed my protein filled breaky with an amazing diuretic, Lemon Love by Suja.

OH, ALSO:

LISTEN TO THE LATEST PODCAST EPISODE

27 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Lyn

Yep interesting mix! I may just have to try and post on my blog! With credit to you of course 😉 I always mix banana, egg and protein powder to make pancakes so this is kinda similar. I wonder what it’s like with a little protein powder? Have you tried that?
    Lyn recently posted..The Secret to Changing Your Circumstance!My Profile

1. laurynevarts Post author

Let me know when the post is up and I’ll Tweet it out : ))). xoxo

2. laurynevarts Post author

And protein powder sounds amazing! Try it and LMK how it goes.

2. Corey @ When We Wander

Mmm! Those look delish!! ((Not weird at all)) I do something very similar – mash up a banana and mix with some eggwhites, and cook like pancakes!! Drizzle a little agave over the top with some crushed walnuts – YUM
    Corey @ When We Wander recently posted..Sweet Potato ChipsMy Profile

3. Bri

L-O-V-E, LOVE this! Normally I have to fill my omelet with veggies and cheese (which is higher in fat and calories because of the cheese) or douse it in ketchup, which I hate doing, since there is WAY too much sodium in it. This was amazing! I ended up using egg beaters, a whole banana, and frozen berries. I live in MA, and fresh fruit is hard to find since it’s freezing out here, so I had to go with frozen fruit instead of fresh. I could definitely see myself eating eggs more often now. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

4. Catherine

I just came across this and made it for breakfast – amazing!! I used frozen blueberries instead of raspberries so mine turned out blue/purple and I used 1 egg and 1/4 cup of egg whites and it still turned out just fine. Also, I added a dollop of Chobani plain greek yogurt on top – made it very savory. Thanks for the recipe!!

5. Pingback: Food for thought…and just some food | Coffee Stains

6. Cher

Hey! Thanks for posting this recipe, Hope you don’t mind that I use this for my cooking test and The recipe above is used to cook for How many people? [Hope you don’t mind my english as I’m only 13 and I can’t phrase it correctly.]
    ~Cher <3

7. Lashunda

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog. He used
    to be entirely right. This submit actually made my day.
    You can not imagine simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
    Lashunda recently posted..LashundaMy Profile

8. Kelley

Hi Lauryn,
    This recipe can also make “pancakes”

2eggs (or 6-8 egg whites)
    1 banana

Mash
    Put a tiny bit of coconut oil in pan
    Spoon mixture onto medium hot skillet
    Flip when firm

Enjoy

9. Rose

Well, I deviated a little and it did not end well :(. I started with eggs, onions and pepper and added strawberries. Turned out grey and watery. Very strange.

10. Katie

I tried this the other day and really liked it! I think the only thing off-putting is the color. I scrambled strawberries and 1/2 of a banana with 3 eggs and then topped it with some fresh kiwi. It kept me full all morning and tasted similar to oatmeal w/ fruit!