Lauryn Evarts shares a recipe for vegan pumpkin froyo.

Delisshhhhh Vegan Pumpkin Froyo

October 3, 2012
by
LAURYN

Lauryn Evarts shares a recipe for vegan pumpkin froyo.

Lauryn Evarts shares a recipe for vegan pumpkin froyo.

Today has been ‘one of those days.’ You know the kind where you feel like jumping right back into bed, pulling the covers over your eyes, & turning all electronics off? Yah. I’m definitely dragging my feet. Totally wasn’t a smooth sailin’-kinda Wednesday.

So!

Since it’s hot as balls outside, I made froyo [ created by my blogger friend, Mara ]. Because there’s nothing better than pumpkin frozen yogurt to cure a shitty, humid day.

Oh, & P.S. working out also helped me feel better. Whenever you feel sad/mad/depressed/angry/annoyed/frustrated/pissed/gross- go workout. Exercise increases endorphins, which can eliminate a bad mood instantly. Along with this pumpkin froyo, Pilates also helped pull me out of my funk today {!!!).

XO.

Love.L

Lauryn Evarts shares a recipe for vegan pumpkin froyo.

+ Vegan Pumpkin Froyo

[ Recipe adapted from Cheap & Simple Vegan Recipes ]

1 cup cooked pumpkin puree

1 cup plain soy yogurt

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

A pinch of ginger

A dash of pumpkin pie spice

1/2 teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia [ or you could try a different sweetener–liquid stevia is very concentrated sweet, so if you’re using something else, adjust amount to your taste preferences ]. I used Pyure sweetener.

+ Directions: Blend everything in a bowl & whip until well combined. Put in the freezer for about 20 minutes; take it out & stir well. Put back in the freezer for another 15-30 minutes, checking periodically and stirring. You want it well-chilled but not frozen, otherwise it will be icy and crunchy, not smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.

Lauryn Evarts shares a recipe for vegan pumpkin froyo.

Lauryn Evarts shares a recipe for vegan pumpkin froyo.

OH, ALSO:

23 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Kym

Ugh, I’ve been in SUCH a funk lately. Thanks so much for this nice reminder to get my bum into the gym. This froyo looks amazeballs and it’s so easy to make – I can’t wait to whip it up tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe!
    Kym recently posted..What Do You LOVE To Do?My Profile

2. Brittany @ proteinandpumps

I had one of those days Monday! You’re right, working out is the best cure! This recipe looks like it could be helpful too : )
    Brittany @ proteinandpumps recently posted..WIAW – Got Prep?My Profile

3. Melissa A

YUM!!! Did you use fresh pumpkin or think canned would work in a pinch? Thanks for the inspiration…making this ASAP :)

4. Leeni

Thanks for sharing this! Only thing is it would be difficult to find pumpkin puree here.. Could i use something else? :)
    And another question (don’t want to make things too easy for you 😉 ), is there a huge difference with using dairy and soy products? Is soy yoghurt that much healthier? :)

Thanks! :)

1. laurynevarts Post author

Either yogurt works! And pumpkin puree is at most stores in the baking section ; ). Libby’s is my favie!

5. Kristine

Mmm … I made a pumpkin “ice cream” today myself my blending a frozen banana with some pure pumpkin, vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla protein powder, and the tiniest pinch of brown sugar … also really good! And this morning I made your 2-ingredient pancakes (followed your recipe adding in a little protein powder) and they were awesome! Didn’t need any syrup or honey or anything because the banana was sweet enough. :)

6. Corey

Yum! That looks so refreshing! Lately, my go-to breakfast has been my rendition of “pumpkin pie.” I take 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin, 1/4 cup of egg whites, some sweetner, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix it all up in a mug, and pop it into the micro for a couple minutes. It’s delicious, filling, and tastes like the inside of a pumpkin pie!
    Corey recently posted..Optical IllusionMy Profile

7. Pingback: Saturday Special {Week 12}

8. Riley

Pumpkin Is An Awesome FLavor For Frozen TReats, Or Any Kind Of Dessert In That Matter! Definitely Making When I Get The Chance!
    Thanks So Much! You Just Made Another Very Happy Vegan! :)