Easy-arm-exercises-you-can-do-from-home-with-weights

January 19, 2012
Updated: April 28, 2016
by
LAURYN

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Press-ups ]

My girlfriend, Stefanie requested easy arm workouts that are accessible from home. The truth is, with ten minutes of arm sculpting a day, your arms will become lean/strong. These are four workouts I do almost every day to prevent under arm “jiggle”. My trainer, Chris was kind enough to take these pictures while keeping a close eye on my form.

+ Press-ups: take 3 to 5 pound weights [ if weights are not available, canned food substitutes well for weights! ], come down by the sides and then press up in to an “O” shape [ 25 reps, 3 sets ].

+ Tricep dips: bring the palms of the hands on an elevated surface [ a chair works ]. Come down to ninety degrees with the elbows and press back up. Try to hold it for two seconds when down [ 20 reps, 3 sets ].

+ Resistance band pulls: wrap a resistance band around a pole. Bring the arms to ninety degrees and the pull straight [ 20 reps, 3 sets ].

+ Straight arm pull backs: place the resistance band around the feet. Hinge from the waist & bend in the knees. Pull straight back, pinching through the scapula. Make sure the arms are straight when pulling back [ 20 reps, 3 sets ].

Take ten minutes out of your day & change the shape of your arms. No excuses!

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Tricep dips ]

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Pulls with the resistance band ]

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Straight arm pull backs ]

OH, ALSO:

21 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Jacqui

Love exercise posts like this!! You should do a butt one next… I’m trying to tone mine FAST for the quickly approaching bathing suit season :-)

2. Stefanie Baker

Thanks Lauryn! So helpful! I just actually bought a resistance band and finally know what to do with it! Bye bye bat wings! πŸ˜‰ xoxo

3. Erica

Agreed! Let’s get one for the booty :) This is a great quick workout for the arms and I can’t wait to incorporate it into my workouts! Your arms look insane :)

4. Tricia

Love this post! I will definitely start doing this!! I agree with all the other comments….butt exercises please!!!

5. Sara

Ooh thank you :) your arms are great and inspiring hope to get there, I have the same question as Elise and how long till we could notice the results?

1. laurynevarts

You’ll notice results in a month, if you do this four times a week! XO.

6. Brie Zeman

I was browsing pinterest and saw your picture, i feel like i’ve met someone one famous :-)
    your blog is awesome girl! Goodness you have an amazing body, I just may have to be a regular follower so i can get rid of a few pounds before i return back to San Diego. x

1. laurynevarts

Wow! Thanks Brie : )). I am glad you’re following along! Tell Julian hi! xoxo

7. Pingback: » Movin’ and Groovin’ – Jo’s Top 8 Fitness Sites JoJoBozo's

8. Harriet

Being fidgety can help you lose weight – really! Keep yourself moving even when you are sitting. Try tapping your foot; doing muscle exercises – tense different muscles and hold for a few seconds, then release and repeat; or drumming your fingers. If anyone asks what you’re doing, just tell them. You might start a trend! You can also do these exercises to tone stomach rather than weight loss.

9. stephanie

I loved these work outs!!!! T was like a week later that i could feel like my arms are tightening up and toned. i finally felt good enough to start wearing tank tops now without being scared!!!!!