Summer’s comingggggg! Yaaayyy! I’m so excited to get my hands on all of the colorful, delicious summertime fruit. I mean, who doesn’t like throwing frozen grapes in some bubbly while lounging poolside?
Obviously I do ; ).
Anyway here’s some easy, quick skinny snacks with summer fruit:
+ Berries ( black/boysen/raspb/straw ):
- Add them to Greek yogurt.
- Make this 5 second, fresh au naturel jam.
- Throw a medley of berries into Ezekiel cereal ( or any sprouted cereal ).
- Stuff raspberries with dark chocolate pieces ( more info here ).
- Dip strawberries in dark chocolate for a quick, easy dessert. Watch our tutorial here.
- Dressing: put any berries through a sieve to remove the seeds. Add a bit of olive oil & some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add pinch of sea salt & black pepper & toss into a salad.
- Smoothies!! Duh. Everyone loves a berry smoothie. My favorite: a banana, spinach leaves, raspberries, water, & hemp seeds. Cheers!
+ Green grapes:
- They’re THE best frozen treat. After they’re frozen use them as ice cubes in your wine! Check out this post.
- Eat them with a slice of jalapeño cheese! YUM.
- I am obsessed with grapes + low fat cottage cheese.
- Add sliced grapes to tuna or chicken salad.
- Stomp them into wine. Kidding. Kind of.
+ Tangerines ( aka ‘Cuties’ &/or clementines )
- Literally the perfect ‘purse snack.’ I may or may not carry three in my oversized handbag on the reg.
- These cutie tangy’s are delish in any fruit salad. I am obsessed with this salad.
- This may sound weird. But I’m seriously, serious when I say I always dip tangerine slices into hummus.
- Add sliced tangerines to any chicken dish. The flavors pair well together.
- Use the zest of a tangerine peel ( in substitution of a lemon twist ) in any poolside cocktail.
What’s your favorite way to use summer fruit? xx.L
If you read TSC then you know I’m all for easy, healthy, quick snack ideas. This isn’t the 1950′s where women have hours to cook. I mean, OMG, who has time to whip up a piece of seasoned salmon and an organic vegetable medley with a side of lentils? Seriously. Unless you’re Martha Stewart, the easier/healthier/quicker, the better.
So on that lil note, this probs isn’t the right blog for someone who’s looking to cook beef wellington or fresh baked bread. Unless it’s an occasion, I’m keeping it simple, stupid.
Let’s talk about avocado. An avo a day, keeps the doctor away. Like, if avocado were a guy, I’d marry his ass. The fruit ( yes, it’s a fruit ) contains so many sexy health benefits ( to name a few: tons of Vit E, lowers cholesterol, prevents breast cancer, & is fab for the heart ) + they’re absolutely delish. I’m literally addicted.
Examples of easy/quick ways I eat a daily avocado: on rice crackers, out of the shell with salt & lemon, fresh guac, on top of pizza, in salads, smoothies, &/or with cottage cheese. Today I took pics of how I ate him: on low carb toast ( Oasis is my fav ) with Meyer lemon, a slice of tomato, a dash of salt, & a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
Bam! The best snack evs.
For Sunday’s big football game substitute some low carb crackers to make this snackie poo as an appetizer. Your boytoy will be in heaven.
For more Super Bowl food ideas click here.
Are you ready for me to rock your world?
How’s this sounding to ya: 100 cals for mint chocolate chip ice cream + cookies.
Heaven on earth, right?
A pint of Arctic Zero ice cream is 150 cals. I used a third of the container + half a packet of 100 calorie Snackwell’s.
This lil’ dime is equal to a total of 100 calories; it’s a satisfying, no added cellulite, Willy Wonka-style dessert.
Happy almost weekend! MWAH!