golden turmeric milk | by the skinny confidential

by
LAURYN

golden turmeric milk | by the skinny confidential
turmeric golden milk recipe | by the skinny confidential

TURMERIC GOLDEN MILK.

Anyone heard of it?

It’s one of my favorites! A lot of you guys have asked about nighttime drinks & hands down it’s either peppermint tea with cacao nibs…or a close second: golden turmeric milk.

This recipe was actually recommended by my friend, Marie.

Marie is AMAZING. She’s from Sweden & has the most beautiful skin. Not only is she beautiful, but she’s constantly inspiring me to feed my body goodness.

So obviously when she recommended golden turmeric milk, I was sold. Actually, I IMMEDIATELY whipped the golden potion up.

turmeric golden milk recipe | by the skinny confidential

Ok so what exactly is turmeric milk?

Basically it’s “a traditional Ayurvedic drink to boost your health and vitality. It is usually taken at night to promote sleep and heal an array of ailments including common colds, sore throat, indigestion, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, menstrual cramps, headaches and arthritis.

It also fights cancers like that of the breast, liver, colon and prostate, relieves depression, promotes digestive health, detoxifies the liver, purifies blood, boosts circulation, accelerates wound-healing, relieves pain, protects against cardiovascular disease and helps with neurological disorders.

Most benefits of turmeric come from its key compound, curcumin, which has strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antiseptic properties. Turmeric is also used as a carminative herb in Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine.

The health benefits of turmeric are further enhanced by adding black pepper to it. Research shows that black pepper contains piperine, a compound that helps the body absorb curcumin better.” { via }

golden turmeric milk | by the skinny confidential

NOW, benefits of turmeric golden milk are kind of INSANE:

♡ really, really helps treat a nasty cold/cough
♡ detoxifies the body ( well, shit— I need this )
♡ boosts immunity
♡ helps with sleep ( like a lot, A LOT )
♡ reduces period cramps…later Aunt Flow
♡ makes skin GLOW, glow, glow ( << MARIE!!! )
♡ speeds up weight loss ( turmeric helps breakdown fat— cha ching! )
{ more benefits }

We all know that turmeric is fab for swelling ( um hi, hello jaw surgery! ). Turmeric was a helpful healer throughout my entire recovery. Not only did I drink this magical potion but I also took turmeric tablets & made TSC Pink Detox Drink at least five times a week.

Enough about that, let’s talk about the recipe shall we?

turmeric golden milk recipe | by the skinny confidential

turmeric golden milk recipe | by the skinny confidential

The Skinny Confidential’s Golden Turmeric Potion:

1 can of coconut milk ( love this one )
2-3 teaspoons of turmeric ( sometimes I add 10, LOL )
1 teaspoon raw local honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
A few sprinkles of black pepper ( helps with absorption )
1/4 fresh ginger, peeled
Pinch of cayenne pepper

+ Directions: blend ingredients besides the raw honey in blender ( I use a Nutribullet ). Add to a small sauce pan & heat for 5 minutes over low to medium heat until it’s very hot but not boiling. Add raw honey right before you drink it. Enjoy right away for all the goodness.

+ Note: you can use regular milk or almond milk too!

Quick example for ya:

{ subscribe to TSC YouTube channel }

Also, this may sound strange so don’t judge…

Lately I’ve been grabbing turmeric root at Whole Foods ( it looks like a disgusting, old crusty thumb ) & throwing it into my morning green drink. SO good it hurts…You know you’re curious, don’t lie!

This all may sound overwhelming but I’m here to tell you guys: IT’S NOT. In fact, it’s embarrassingly easy.

Just keep turmeric pills & the spice on hand and you’re golden.

You’re literally golden though because turmeric is golden…& every once in a while throw a crusty thumb in your AM green drink.

MMMMMmmmm, off to make some ‘milk’ & watch Django Unchained.

Mwah, mwah- lauryn

SHOP THE POST: Kate Moss top | copper pan | floral mug | teal whisk | strawsTSC Book

{ photos | video }

turmeric golden milk recipe | by the skinny confidential

turmeric golden milk recipe | by the skinny confidential

OH, ALSO:

58 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Lauryn Post author

Hi Rena! You will LOVE it! It’s become one of my absolute favorite recipes. Let me know what you think if you try it! xx

1. Lauryn Post author

Hi Tila! YAY! Thanks for following my snaps. Did you watch today? Had a pretty hilarious Q&A sesh with Panicky Susan. LOL!

1. Lauryn Post author

Hi Marina, you could definitely try it with cow’s milk. I am pretty much 100% done with cow’s milk, but if you like it better you should try it! You could also use almond or cashew milk :)) OR unpasteurized cow’s milk! Just make sure your source is 100% safe. xx

1. Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

This looks really good, I love tumeric for RA and use it in everything. I am definitely trying this ASAP! Do you think it would be okay to swap out the coconut milk with almond or cashew?

2. Lyric

I’ve been hearing a lot about turmeric milk lately but have yet to try it. Ps. I absolutely adore your copper sauce pan. So SO pretty!

1. Lauryn Post author

Thanks Lyric, I am literally obsessed with your name. So pretty! Thanks for reading <3

3. Alexandra

Oh wow I had no idea numeric-ginger-milk was a popular thing! My boyfriend kept raving about this special drink he tried at his yoga studio last year and when we tried to recreate it at home we fell in love with it!
    Now we make it almost every single evening – especially cause it’s getting pretty cold in London and warms you up from inside. We use maple syrup instead of honey and our version doesn’t have cayenne pepper in it. We shall try yours next time!
    xx Alex

1. Lauryn Post author

Hi Alexandra, that sounds so good! I’ll have to try your version too! Happy New Year <3

4. Sara Hadar

LOLLL. throw a thumb in you green drink. I’ll have to try that. 😉 This recipe looks delicious, not a huge fan of coconut milk though, might try it with almond milk or something else.

5. Briana

I can totally vouch for the efficacy turmeric/curcumin! Not only have I used golden milk to relieve throat issues, but my dad successfully rid himself of chronic knee pain using a curcumin regimen and then was asked to speak about it at his local health food store. Lol. It really works! And actually tastes quite good :)

Briana

1. Lauryn Post author

Hi Briana, so cool! Your Dad’s story is amazing! The benefits are seriously insane! Thanks for reading <3

1. Lauryn Post author

Hi Erin, I eat turmeric daily so I don’t have to take the tablets. I have them though, just in case! xx

6. Bridgete

A friend of mine sells pre-made packets of golden milk for those looking to save time, wellblends.com

Almond milk tastes great in the mix too.

1. Lauryn Post author

Hi Jen, it adds a little sweetness. Ditch the honey for the sake of your diet. How is it going??? How long have you been on the diet? How are you feeling? Good luck!

7. Jenna

Love all of the benefits of turmeric but do you find that it literally dies everything yellow? Including a fresh mani? Every time I make it, I end up with yellow stained nails, teeth and toothbrush. It takes days for the yellow to come out from my nails and I usually end up having to replace my brush head :-/.

8. Brina

In India it’s known to have amazing anti-inflammatory properties; my dad drinks this every night! Usually he adds a bit of ginger and lemon to it too :)

9. Diana

I need to make this ASAP! I had the best turmeric latte at Cafe Gratitude a few months back and have been wanting to recreate it so badly!

10. Amanda

I’ve been struggling with rheumatoid arthritis and keep reading about the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric! I made this tonight and it was so good! I’m definitely going to make it regularly and hopefully it helps. Thanks for sharing!!!

11. Annie

I just read this…and I just ran into my kitchen to make it!! Soooo good!! Definitely my new bedtime drink. I think I will try it with almond milk tomorrow night. This is the perfect nightcap!! Thank you so much for sharing!

xo Annie

12. JustRach

Wow I’ve never heard of this before but it sounds really good. I’m definitely going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing! :)

JustRach
    breathingforwords.blogspot.com

13. Amy Shay

Hello! I too have discovered the miracle know and as turmeric! This may have been addressed already, but can you make ahead? So, how long do you think it would last in the fridge?

14. T

This looked so good and turmeric is so good for you, so obviously I’m drinking it right now and it is amazing! Plus I love ginger everything, gingerbread, ginger chicken, I even like my men ginger (see ginger hubs) I think I’ll be drinking this every night forever.

15. Korey

I absolutely love this recipe, I am using it in a blog post (crediting you, obviously!), but the photos are so eye-catching. What camera do you use, if I may?

16. Amarie88

I have fallen in love with this! I’ve played around a smidge with the ingredients for flavor. I’ve cut back on soy milk due to its given me some digestive issues and mix half almond milk and half coconut milk. However, I add a shake of cayenne pepper and it gives it a nice kick. I also use pumpkin pie spice(ginger/nutmeg/cinnamon/all spice/clove).

17. Pingback: Mini DeLites: Through My iPhone

18. Pingback: Eight Foods You Can Buy On AMAZON

19. Pingback: The Research Backs It Y’all: People Have A Handful Of Reasons To Love Their “Golden Milk” | Violet Fog