Pre-Bikini, Badass, Natural Diuretic Tea

The Skinny Confidential talks diet, fitness, and tea.

Ok so I know I shared my lemon diuretic ( such a dinosaur/throwback post!! ) two & half years ago when TSC launch but today, in true bikini spirit, I’m sharing my favorite recipe for de-bloating tea.

That’s right.

This tea helps combat bloat. Who wouldn’t like that?? Right?!

I like to drink two cups of this an hour or two before bikini time.

So…wait, back up…WTH does diuretic mean?

Whelp, a quick version: diuretics basically get rid of fluid/bloat. BTW: this isn’t some medical, gnarly diuretic, it’s simply a natural tea that will help you feel tight & right.

Lemon is the best natural diuretic on the planet ( I literally would swim in lemon like the grandma from Patch Adams who swam in a pool of noodles…there I’d be…swimming in citrus, just living out my dream ). Green tea & ginger are also effective diuretics & apple cider vinegar is full of benefits. P.S. prone to UTI’s? Drink this tea & thank me later— let’s just say ( for the sake of any man reading this right now ) that it really promotes urine flow. We’ll leave the UTI talk at that ( for now ).

Mmkay.

Ok, so the ingreds:

The Skinny Confidential talks diet, fitness, and tea.

All you do is make tea like usual, add two tea bags of green tea ( I like this one; it’s clean & organic ), squeeze one lemon, add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar ( make sure it’s unfiltered & raw ), & slice four thin slices of ginger…and throw it all in your green tea.

Ta-da.

Of course, sense I’m a freaking weirdo about my teeth ( lemon strips the enamel ), I wait for it to cool a bit…&…sip it with a straw. LOL.

This super simple, de-bloating tea is perfect to drink before slipping into your bikini…trust me!! Feel free to make this iced too.

Cheers & happy Fourth of July! x

+++ Click the below to shop my outfit:

22 comments on Pre-Bikini, Badass, Natural Diuretic Tea

1. Sascha L
    07.04.14 at 9:36 am (6 months ago)

Thanks for this recipe! Another great tea if short on time or away from home, try drinking a cup of dandelion root tea. (traditional medicinals for example) It’s great if one has had salty foods especially. It’s a detoxifying agent for the liver. It can increase urine output and decrease swelling! Adding lemon enhances flavor.

07.04.14 at 9:43 am (6 months ago)

Love dandelion root tea!! Such a great tip ; ). x.

2. Courtney Bentley
    07.04.14 at 9:53 am (6 months ago)

Happy Fourth of July!! I love lemongrass tea same same! All the women out here drink Papaya leaves when they want to slender, will post about that soon! All my love xo C
    Courtney Bentley recently posted..Fourth of July WorkoutMy Profile

07.04.14 at 9:57 am (6 months ago)

Would love to read more about this! YUM!

3. Aubrey
    07.04.14 at 10:29 am (6 months ago)

I do lemon water on the daily but can’t wait to try this. Sounds so refreshing!

4. Andrea
    07.04.14 at 11:26 am (6 months ago)

Love this! What nail polish color is that? Happy 4th of July babe!!

5. Shaunacey
    07.04.14 at 7:08 pm (6 months ago)

might have to try this in the very near future!

6. Phuong
    07.04.14 at 9:41 pm (6 months ago)

Thank you for sharing, Lauryn, since I get bloating very easily.
    One question: do you think I can use tea brewed from fresh tea leaves? which is popular here in Vietnam. It could even be better :’)

7. Zoe
    07.05.14 at 9:54 pm (6 months ago)

So want to try this and the others mentioned in the comments! xo
    Zoe recently posted..GlowBitesMy Profile

8. 204 Park
    07.07.14 at 7:32 am (5 months ago)

Not sure how I missed this last week but so glad I just found it! I’m obsessed with lemon water so now I can’t wait to step it up! Xo, S
    204 Park recently posted..Nursery Planning!My Profile

9. Raphaëlle
    07.08.14 at 1:50 am (5 months ago)

Thank you thank you thank you for this recipe! So helpful and mmm-mmm-mmmarvellously delicious

10. Ewelina
    07.09.14 at 7:49 am (5 months ago)

Hey Lauryn,
    I tried it but I just can’t enjoy the taste :(

Bee tee dubs, I am super stoked because today Mr. UPS is delivering your book to me

You’re awesome!

Ewelina

07.09.14 at 10:40 am (5 months ago)

Add a little Stevia or honey : ). And thanks for the support on the book! xx.

11. Ana
    08.07.14 at 6:41 pm (4 months ago)

Thanks for sharing this amazing tip, will def try it! Just be careful with the straw, taking extra air in might defeat the purpose of the tea ;)