The Skinny Confidential || A Lifestyle Blog. by: Lauryn Evarts

SOOOO…Michelle Money Shaves Her Face & I’m Kinda Intrigued

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

Guys. I took one for the team.

Like, big time took one for the team.

Team= you guys.

I shaved my face.

But wait, wait, wait, before you judge— I got the idea from hottie Michelle Money.

Ya. That’s right. The babetown bombshell shaves.her.face.

Like a guy.

But not really, actually like a guy because she’s a women.

Here’s the deal: her YouTube description say shaving your face as a women is “rumored to be an insider trick of bombshells like Marilyn Monroe and Betty Paige, shaving your face is the perfect way to remove unwanted ( unladylike ) facial hair, giving a thorough exfoliation and creating a smooth canvas to apply foundation and the rest of your makeup to.”

Hmmm. I’m going to just go ahead & say I’m not the only one who’s intrigued.

Basically let me set it up for ya: I’m sitting in bed on a Friday night like a total loner, watching beauty YouTube videos drinking wine. Totally standard. Anyway, up pops Michelle Money’s beauty series. & I’m all, “hmm, ok, she’s hot, let’s see what she has to say.” So I flick on her channel & cuddle into bed.

& then I see it.

The life-changing video title: “OMG Michelle Money Shaves Her Face.”

So naturally, immediately I turn on the video, nearly spitting my Pinot Noir all over my white bedding.

I mean….HER TIPS though.

This particular tip was such a ‘Skinny Confidential tip’ that I couldn’t NOT, not share with you guys.

So basically I spent the rest of my raging Friday night ordering pastel colored Tinkles ( ya tinkle, like a five year old peeing kinda tinkle ) off Amazon.

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

Now it’s a few days later & here we are: I shaved my face Monday & it’s probably the coolest thing since landing on the moon.

I feel like it’s not actually shaving, shaving. It’s more of an eyebrow razor kind of shave. It’s not invasive at all & super simple.

And let’s get real, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I’m going to play for ‘Team Everyone’ for a sec: no one in the whole world wants to see hair all one your face. It’s not cute. Probably won’t ever be cute.

And the worst thing ever? If you’re in the sun with your boy toy & your lip is hairier than his. So.so.not.hot.

Get your facial hair in check. This is a easy, inexpensive ( they’re $3.75 for 3 razors ) way to keep those facial strays under control. Plus it makes makeup application go on super smooth & perf. Oh, & it’s the best exfoliate ever ( BTW: Michelle says do this once a week ).

Now to answer the main burning question: does it grow back thicker? ( Because who needs thicker facial hair? LOLZ. ).

At least, not according to Michelle Money.

Watch the video below & thank me ( & MM ) later.

Have fun with your Tinkles! I know I did ; ). x L

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

61 comments on SOOOO…Michelle Money Shaves Her Face & I’m Kinda Intrigued

1. Emily
    04.23.14 at 11:32 pm (2 years ago)

Love her!! You should totally watch her YouTube channel that she does with her BFF, it’s called the MM&L show (not sure if that’s what you were watching) and it’s full of great tips. Plus they’re hilarious together :)

2. TheLondonMum
    04.24.14 at 12:23 am (2 years ago)

It sounds good but I won’t lie… I’m a tad apprehensive!!

3. Jess
    04.24.14 at 1:31 am (2 years ago)

I remember posting about shaving my face and I had a reader e-mail me about her near panic attack shaving her face. Shaving my upper facial hair is probably one of the best things I’ve ever done. I’m no longer self conscious about the hair and I can go weeks without shaving again which brings the entire shaving process so much more comfortable and easy!
    Jess recently posted..I can’t date you if…My Profile

4. Amber-Rose
    04.24.14 at 2:03 am (2 years ago)

Hands up! I already do this. I’ve always had this uneasy feeling that it’s totally anti-feminist to be shaving my face for cosmetic reasons, like “ooh – guys wont think my face is gross” but it really really does make a huge difference to my make up application which wins the argument for me. xo

5. Zoe
    04.24.14 at 2:16 am (2 years ago)

Kinda like threading – it makes your makeup go on so much smoother but obviously more expensive so I am definitely intrigued!! xo
    Zoe recently posted..Yummy Healthy OptionsMy Profile

6. Charlotte
    04.24.14 at 2:21 am (2 years ago)

I never heard about this before and I believe that it actually could be a great way to exfoliate your skin and make your skin smoother. However, I personally think that a little bit of hair is perfectly okay on a girl’s face. Most men won’t notice it unless it’s really a mustache. So I’m one of the unfortunate girls who do have to remove hair on their upper lip, because it’s dark and clearly visible and I really don’t like it. But in my opinion you should not have to remove every tiny bit of hair that is pretty much invisible. It makes your skin feel soft, while shaving it can make it appear a little bit scratchier because of the cut off hair (you probably won’t notice this at the thinner hair, but the thicker your hair is, the more you will notice it as it grows back). In my opinion it is just not neccessary to shave off blonde “baby hair” 😀

• Jennifer
      04.24.14 at 7:01 am (2 years ago)

Been doing this to my face for a long time now. Several years ago I had a microderm facial and the esthetician did it to my face beforehand and said it will help makeup go on smoother, get rid of dead skin, etc. I have been doing it every 1-2 weeks as needed ever since. I have blonde hair and trust me, when it grows in you do see it. You know when it is time to shave again. Love it!!

7. Karen Crofton
    04.24.14 at 3:08 am (2 years ago)

Girls, you say this like its a new found thing. Unfortunately, for us gals who suffer from excessive body and facial hair (i suffer from the latter) its it actually a near-daily necessity to get by day to day and to not feel any more like a freak than we already do. Hair is a normal thing, but having dark, coarse obvious growth and not peach fuzz like most normal girls, isn’t a normal thing for girls (like me) to have. Shaving might seem like the newest ‘thing’ to do beauty-wise, but trust me, it helps me get by on the daily and feel ok about myself in an otherwise looks-obsessed society! and until laser treatment rids me of these unsightly follicles on my face, shaving helps get me through the time in-between and no Tinkle’s razor could combat what I suffer from.

• Kelli
      02.06.15 at 6:00 pm (1 year ago)

I have the same problem with thick dark hair hope this helps

8. Colleen
    04.24.14 at 4:19 am (2 years ago)

I seriously doubt guys know or care about peach fuzz on girls faces…but maybe they do in California! What do I know? Anyhow, my friend got this done as part of her facial the other day and now her skin looks AMAZING. But my only question is does your hair feel all prickly when it comes back?
    Colleen recently posted..Cheap Eats: Asparagus & Artichoke Breakfast CasseroleMy Profile

• Julie
      04.24.14 at 8:52 am (2 years ago)

I was thinking the same thing… I’m from California and I’ve never heard of this before today. And I reeeeally doubt guys care. They are so oblivious to most things… The only thing my husband notices or cares about is the color of my lipstick, and only because he hates “bold” lipstick haha

9. kat
    04.24.14 at 5:31 am (2 years ago)

Eek I’ve done this for years and it’s just the cat’s pajamas. I could never go back to not shaving. Nothing more creepy than a bunch of fuzz on a girl’s face. Glad you could share this tip with so many more! xo

10. Lisa Derochers
    04.24.14 at 5:41 am (2 years ago)

Always shave my face but thought it would grow back thick and black and it never did love it!

11. Lisa Derochers
    04.24.14 at 5:41 am (2 years ago)

12. Ana
    04.24.14 at 6:25 am (2 years ago)

I knew a girl who had darker hair and used to shave her face. After a few years of doing it she had a 5 o’clock shadow on her lip her hair had become very course. My recondition for girls on the darker side is electrolysis. Totally worth it and once your face is complete you won’t ever need to remove hair again.

• Cath
      05.04.15 at 2:30 pm (9 months ago)

“My recondition for girls on the darker side is electrolysis. Totally worth it and once your face is complete you won’t ever need to remove hair again.”

Electrolysis doesn’t get rid of the hair permanently. I had it done every month for over 30 years and hormones caused the hair to grow back again each month.

13. Ana
    04.24.14 at 6:26 am (2 years ago)

I knew a girl who had darker hair and used to shave her face. After a few years of doing it she had a 5 o’clock shadow on her lip her hair had become very course. My recommendation for girls on the darker side is electrolysis. Totally worth it and once your face is complete you won’t ever need to remove hair again.

14. Helen
    04.24.14 at 6:47 am (2 years ago)

Thank you for showing us this and giving us confidence!!! I am ordering these ‘Tinkles’ right now!!! XO

15. Jennifer
    04.24.14 at 7:00 am (2 years ago)

16. Kate Lately
    04.24.14 at 7:14 am (2 years ago)

I never thought I would ever consider this…but she makes it slightly intriguing! Such a strange, but interesting beauty trick!

17. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    04.24.14 at 7:30 am (2 years ago)

I’ve been hearing about this more and more lately. And it’s awesome to get an account from someone who is actually trying it. I’m not there yet, though! I’d just hate to add another item to my beauty regime. :)

18. Ayu
    04.24.14 at 8:24 am (2 years ago)

I had my face shaved at a hair salon in Japan and was like whoah what are you gonna do with that razor but ended up having super soft and smooth skin! haha sorry, super random story that I remembered after reading this post.
    Ayu recently posted..Do You Believe in Magic?My Profile

19. Rose
    04.24.14 at 9:01 am (2 years ago)

I’m a pretty hairy person, I mean, I have to shave my legs every two days already. I’m gonna try this but I doubt it’s available in the Netherlands..

20. Ginny
    04.24.14 at 10:14 am (2 years ago)

I have done this for years!

I have a lot of peach fuzz, and used to always wax. Now I do this once a week and NO ONE knows or can tell. It doesn’t grow back prickly. It is a fabulous exfoliation. It is done in salons all the time under another name (I can’t think of it now). Michelle Money knows what she is talking about yall – totally legit.

21. Danielle Leshea
    04.24.14 at 10:27 am (2 years ago)

I totally started doing this in middle school as an experiment for myself and continued to do it today!

22. Brooke
    04.24.14 at 11:09 am (2 years ago)

Dermaplane! Duh!

23. Saraphina
    04.24.14 at 12:37 pm (2 years ago)

What about getting ingrown hairs? My hair is blonde but dark in some areas and would they become prickly??

24. Kat
    04.24.14 at 12:39 pm (2 years ago)

I’m chinese with light skin and I’ve been struggling with my dark upper lip hair for my entire life…I’ve done hair, I’ve plucked, bleached, but all that stuff I have to do so often…does this work with the upper lip?

25. Saraphina
    04.24.14 at 12:40 pm (2 years ago)

What about the possibility of getting ingrown hairs, and is the hair growing back prickly and noticable?

26. 204 Park
    04.24.14 at 1:24 pm (2 years ago)

I have NEVER heard of this before! Those razors are so cute though that they alone almost make this worth trying 😉

27. Jenni
    04.24.14 at 2:41 pm (2 years ago)

Oh. My. God. This is why I love you. My mom has something kind of like one of these (designed for women) but it vibrates! These look awesome. I want one now! But the thought of stubble sounds grosser than just having the hair. Doesn’t your face get that two-days-of-not-shaving-spiky-leg feel? Meh.
    Jenni recently posted..Sesame-Macadamia Bliss BallsMy Profile

28. Charmaine Millaire
    04.24.14 at 5:27 pm (2 years ago)

Oh no…. I’m officially intrigued!!!

lulusandtiffanyblues.wordpress.com

29. lm
    04.24.14 at 7:05 pm (2 years ago)

I have shaved my face before, but not as extensively as Michelle Money does in the video. I think it’s useful, but not essential as part of a beauty regimen, and I definitely wouldn’t say its life changing.
    Also, maybe it was just part of her humor, but to me Michelle Money was incredibly offensive in several aspects; including but not limited to a lack of acceptance outside of heteronormative society as well as perpetuating and enforcing unnecessary beauty ideals. The video was just really disgusting to me in that way- not because she was shaving her face but because of the language used within the video.

30. Ashleigh
    04.24.14 at 8:06 pm (2 years ago)

I’m a biologist and I promise promise promise shaving does NOT make hair grow back thicker. Shaving DOES NOT alter the genetic coding of your hair. HORMONES change the thickness of your hair. It’s an old mothers myth told to daughters in puberty to put off shaving their legs bc it’ll make the hair grow back thicker, FALSE. the daughters hormones are making the hair thicker. NOT THE RAZOR. please please please know this ladies :)

31. Julie @ Coastal Runner Girl
    04.25.14 at 4:34 am (2 years ago)

Wow, I thought this was going to be such a crazy post but now I’m really interested in doing it! :)

32. Renee
    04.26.14 at 4:51 pm (2 years ago)

This IS intriguing… I mean, I def wouldn’t knock it. I have used an eyebrow trimmer in the past to get rid of those unwanted peach fuzz hairs off of my upper lip, so I would imagine that this is similar (and probs better!) I’m definitely going to check out this girl’s YouTube page… while I’m at home, on a Saturday night… drinking wine and eating popcorn like a loner haha. I’m glad I’m not the only one who does that from time to time <3
    Renee recently posted..Easter Flower Fruit CupsMy Profile

33. Tris
    04.28.14 at 5:24 pm (2 years ago)

Tried this out a few hours ago (you got me intrigued, Lauryn!) and my face feels smoother than a baby’s ass. Seriously, I should have done this a while ago! Thanks for the awesome tip!

34. Anna
    04.29.14 at 1:40 pm (2 years ago)

Ugh Michelle Money is the worst. Spring for laser hair removal if facial hair is truly a problem for you, and as far as exfoliation goes microdermabrasion seems like it would be just as effective without running the risk turning peach fuzz into more visible hair. As for TSC- girl you are gorgeous Michelle Money ain’t got nothing on you.

35. Jamie
    04.29.14 at 8:40 pm (2 years ago)

36. Jamie
    04.29.14 at 8:42 pm (2 years ago)

My friend told me about this a couple years ago and I decided to try it since I was noticing an increased amount of peach fuzz on my face. Even though it was light colored (even though I’m brunette) it still bothered me because it showed pretty clearly in sunlight. I can’t even express how big of a difference it makes in the smoothness of your skin. I had no idea what would happen, and was also freaked out it would grow back course or dark, but it never has. I do it every couple weeks, and there is a noticeable difference in the smoothness of my skin. Thanks for brining this to every girl’s attention…but I’m still never telling my boyfriend that I do this :) But just one pointer: use a new razor every time-you don’t want bacteria from previously used razors getting on your face! I just use disposable razors and they have worked fine. And don’t shave hard–just barely make contact with the skin, that should be enough to get the fuzz off!

04.29.14 at 9:04 pm (2 years ago)

Love this!! : ) I love your tip too!! xx.

37. Marysol
    04.30.14 at 5:38 pm (2 years ago)

So, I was very excited to read this post which seems like a great solutions for a lot of women like me who have blonde “peach fuzz.” However, after trying it, I was very disappointed to find that it does cause stubble! Not leg-hair stubble but it’s not the soft smooth result I was hoping for. When I run my hand down my face, all good. When I rub upwards it totally feels like sandpaper! Not cute and now I am super self-conscious….I think I would prefer the peach fuzz I had before. Did I do it wrong? Has anyone else experienced this?

38. Jennifer Hart
    05.06.14 at 5:39 pm (2 years ago)

This is literally like the best discovery ever #newobsession

39. Miranda
    06.05.14 at 7:24 am (2 years ago)

So… how did it grow back? I’m dying to know what a first-timer thinks of the upkeep and the looks and feel as it grows in.

• Lucy
      08.13.14 at 2:57 am (1 year ago)

I think it looks alright, feels good when you touch it in the way of hair growth but as soon as you brush against natural hair growth its prickly :(

40. coll
    07.31.14 at 9:56 pm (2 years ago)

I personally put hair cream remover all over my face and body and with years of trying to rectify it with laser to diminish the burn marks it put on my face, as well as coarser hair removed. My hair grew back in places that I didn’t even think you could grow hair, waxing stretches the skin and plucking at the face left in grown hair, so I eventually started shaving with a mans razor and I found it gave me brisk growth and a 5 oclock shadow and was more embarrassing than the hair. But now I thank you all for introducing me to the Twinkle Razor it feels more femine to do and I am in the process of controlling where I want the hair on my face to be if any, so it is more natural for me as I do not wear make-up every day.

41. tom
    08.10.14 at 3:18 pm (2 years ago)

I love my wife, but I would be lying if I said her facial doesn’t bother me. I hope she sees this.

42. Zoe
    08.15.14 at 5:46 am (1 year ago)

I’ve been doing this since I was 15 (now 25) and found it a good exfoliation for my skin, plus getting rid of hair. Although if you do have dark hair it will grow back thicker like anywhere else on your body (dark haired here) – my answer was I bought an at-home laser which you go over the shaved area with after shaving. Hair grows back less and it painless plus the nice exfoliated feel of shaving. :)

43. Emily
    10.30.14 at 9:46 am (1 year ago)

Does it cause ingrown hairs and acne near the jawline? I’m afraid of breakouts!!

44. Delia
    02.17.15 at 6:06 am (12 months ago)

if you are really interested in getting rid of facial hair, you should have it threaded, not shaven. It grows back thicker if you shave it…you guys know that right? Also, you can exfoliate your skin right after and you will have a perfect canvas for makeup.

45. Sarhah james
    06.27.15 at 8:50 am (8 months ago)

i hate waxing and other threading of my face this is cool news but some days ago i found something interesting not like that but it was you should check this https://bestwomenshaver.wordpress.com/
    its good but the thing you have share above is awesome
    thanks for the sharing my dear

46. Nisasa Danielle
    06.27.15 at 8:24 pm (8 months ago)

This is a new kind about woman’s shaving I have ever read, but too fascinating and makes me thinking to do it on myself, what a good idea, thanks a lot to this blog…maybe I can apply my make-up more smooth than ever.

47. Blink
    12.03.15 at 5:03 am (2 months ago)

Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely think this amazing
    site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read through more,
    thanks for the info!
    Blink recently posted..BlinkMy Profile

48. Taylor
    01.10.16 at 9:05 am (1 month ago)

Have started using the Tinkle its great like a lot of women facial hairs is horrible, I just wish I had found it years ago,
    I used creams befor which were very irritating , plucked, threaded,

The Tinkle razor I use on my sideburns and jaw line and any little hairs that come on my neck
    I am so much more confidant now, when the sun shines on me no more worries about facial hair showing.
    Make up goes on great.
    I am now in my late sixties, just wish I had found this years ago, but knowone ever talks about ladies facial hair,
    I would say give it a try ladies, you won’t regret it.👍👍