SOOOO…Michelle Money Shaves Her Face & I’m Kinda Intrigued

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

Guys. I took one for the team.

Like, big time took one for the team.

Team= you guys.

I shaved my face.

But wait, wait, wait, before you judge— I got the idea from hottie Michelle Money.

Ya. That’s right. The babetown bombshell shaves.her.face.

Like a guy.

But not really, actually like a guy because she’s a women.

Here’s the deal: her YouTube description say shaving your face as a women is “rumored to be an insider trick of bombshells like Marilyn Monroe and Betty Paige, shaving your face is the perfect way to remove unwanted ( unladylike ) facial hair, giving a thorough exfoliation and creating a smooth canvas to apply foundation and the rest of your makeup to.”

Hmmm. I’m going to just go ahead & say I’m not the only one who’s intrigued.

Basically let me set it up for ya: I’m sitting in bed on a Friday night like a total loner, watching beauty YouTube videos drinking wine. Totally standard. Anyway, up pops Michelle Money’s beauty series. & I’m all, “hmm, ok, she’s hot, let’s see what she has to say.” So I flick on her channel & cuddle into bed.

& then I see it.

The life-changing video title: “OMG Michelle Money Shaves Her Face.”

So naturally, immediately I turn on the video, nearly spitting my Pinot Noir all over my white bedding.

I mean….HER TIPS though.

This particular tip was such a ‘Skinny Confidential tip’ that I couldn’t NOT, not share with you guys.

So basically I spent the rest of my raging Friday night ordering pastel colored Tinkles ( ya tinkle, like a five year old peeing kinda tinkle ) off Amazon.

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

Now it’s a few days later & here we are: I shaved my face Monday & it’s probably the coolest thing since landing on the moon.

I feel like it’s not actually shaving, shaving. It’s more of an eyebrow razor kind of shave. It’s not invasive at all & super simple.

And let’s get real, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I’m going to play for ‘Team Guys’ for a sec: no guy in the whole world wants to see hair all one your face. It’s not cute. It’ll never be cute. It’s actually kinda gross.

And the worst thing ever? If you’re in the sun with your boy toy & your lip is hairier than his. So.so.not.hot.

Get your facial hair in check. This is a easy, inexpensive ( they’re $3.75 for 3 razors ) way to keep those facial strays under control. Plus it makes makeup application go on super smooth & perf. Oh, & it’s the best exfoliate ever ( BTW: Michelle says do this once a week ).

Now to answer the main burning question: does it grow back thicker? ( Because who needs thicker facial hair? LOLZ. ).

At least, not according to Michelle Money.

Watch the video below & thank me ( & MM ) later.

Have fun with your Tinkles! I know I did ; ). x L

The Skinny Confidential talks shaving your face.

Newer comments

48 comments on SOOOO…Michelle Money Shaves Her Face & I’m Kinda Intrigued

1. Emily
    04.23.14 at 11:32 pm (3 months ago)

Love her!! You should totally watch her YouTube channel that she does with her BFF, it’s called the MM&L show (not sure if that’s what you were watching) and it’s full of great tips. Plus they’re hilarious together :)

2. TheLondonMum
    04.24.14 at 12:23 am (3 months ago)

It sounds good but I won’t lie… I’m a tad apprehensive!!

3. Jess
    04.24.14 at 1:31 am (3 months ago)

I remember posting about shaving my face and I had a reader e-mail me about her near panic attack shaving her face. Shaving my upper facial hair is probably one of the best things I’ve ever done. I’m no longer self conscious about the hair and I can go weeks without shaving again which brings the entire shaving process so much more comfortable and easy!
    Jess recently posted..I can’t date you if…My Profile

4. Amber-Rose
    04.24.14 at 2:03 am (3 months ago)

Hands up! I already do this. I’ve always had this uneasy feeling that it’s totally anti-feminist to be shaving my face for cosmetic reasons, like “ooh – guys wont think my face is gross” but it really really does make a huge difference to my make up application which wins the argument for me. xo

5. Zoe
    04.24.14 at 2:16 am (3 months ago)

Kinda like threading – it makes your makeup go on so much smoother but obviously more expensive so I am definitely intrigued!! xo
    Zoe recently posted..Yummy Healthy OptionsMy Profile

6. Charlotte
    04.24.14 at 2:21 am (3 months ago)

I never heard about this before and I believe that it actually could be a great way to exfoliate your skin and make your skin smoother. However, I personally think that a little bit of hair is perfectly okay on a girl’s face. Most men won’t notice it unless it’s really a mustache. So I’m one of the unfortunate girls who do have to remove hair on their upper lip, because it’s dark and clearly visible and I really don’t like it. But in my opinion you should not have to remove every tiny bit of hair that is pretty much invisible. It makes your skin feel soft, while shaving it can make it appear a little bit scratchier because of the cut off hair (you probably won’t notice this at the thinner hair, but the thicker your hair is, the more you will notice it as it grows back). In my opinion it is just not neccessary to shave off blonde “baby hair” :D

• Jennifer
      04.24.14 at 7:01 am (3 months ago)

Been doing this to my face for a long time now. Several years ago I had a microderm facial and the esthetician did it to my face beforehand and said it will help makeup go on smoother, get rid of dead skin, etc. I have been doing it every 1-2 weeks as needed ever since. I have blonde hair and trust me, when it grows in you do see it. You know when it is time to shave again. Love it!!

7. Karen Crofton
    04.24.14 at 3:08 am (3 months ago)

Girls, you say this like its a new found thing. Unfortunately, for us gals who suffer from excessive body and facial hair (i suffer from the latter) its it actually a near-daily necessity to get by day to day and to not feel any more like a freak than we already do. Hair is a normal thing, but having dark, coarse obvious growth and not peach fuzz like most normal girls, isn’t a normal thing for girls (like me) to have. Shaving might seem like the newest ‘thing’ to do beauty-wise, but trust me, it helps me get by on the daily and feel ok about myself in an otherwise looks-obsessed society! and until laser treatment rids me of these unsightly follicles on my face, shaving helps get me through the time in-between and no Tinkle’s razor could combat what I suffer from.

8. Colleen
    04.24.14 at 4:19 am (3 months ago)

I seriously doubt guys know or care about peach fuzz on girls faces…but maybe they do in California! What do I know? Anyhow, my friend got this done as part of her facial the other day and now her skin looks AMAZING. But my only question is does your hair feel all prickly when it comes back?
    Colleen recently posted..Cheap Eats: Asparagus & Artichoke Breakfast CasseroleMy Profile

• Julie
      04.24.14 at 8:52 am (3 months ago)

I was thinking the same thing… I’m from California and I’ve never heard of this before today. And I reeeeally doubt guys care. They are so oblivious to most things… The only thing my husband notices or cares about is the color of my lipstick, and only because he hates “bold” lipstick haha

9. kat
    04.24.14 at 5:31 am (3 months ago)

Eek I’ve done this for years and it’s just the cat’s pajamas. I could never go back to not shaving. Nothing more creepy than a bunch of fuzz on a girl’s face. Glad you could share this tip with so many more! xo

10. Lisa Derochers
    04.24.14 at 5:41 am (3 months ago)

Always shave my face but thought it would grow back thick and black and it never did love it!

11. Lisa Derochers
    04.24.14 at 5:41 am (3 months ago)

12. Ana
    04.24.14 at 6:25 am (3 months ago)

I knew a girl who had darker hair and used to shave her face. After a few years of doing it she had a 5 o’clock shadow on her lip her hair had become very course. My recondition for girls on the darker side is electrolysis. Totally worth it and once your face is complete you won’t ever need to remove hair again.

13. Ana
    04.24.14 at 6:26 am (3 months ago)

I knew a girl who had darker hair and used to shave her face. After a few years of doing it she had a 5 o’clock shadow on her lip her hair had become very course. My recommendation for girls on the darker side is electrolysis. Totally worth it and once your face is complete you won’t ever need to remove hair again.

14. Helen
    04.24.14 at 6:47 am (3 months ago)

Thank you for showing us this and giving us confidence!!! I am ordering these ‘Tinkles’ right now!!! XO

15. Jennifer
    04.24.14 at 7:00 am (3 months ago)

16. Kate Lately
    04.24.14 at 7:14 am (3 months ago)

I never thought I would ever consider this…but she makes it slightly intriguing! Such a strange, but interesting beauty trick!

17. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
    04.24.14 at 7:30 am (3 months ago)

I’ve been hearing about this more and more lately. And it’s awesome to get an account from someone who is actually trying it. I’m not there yet, though! I’d just hate to add another item to my beauty regime. :)

Newer comments