Seriously Bomb Trail Mix That Takes 10 Seconds

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

Ohhhhh…you know what’s good? Like, real, real good?

Almonds x coconut flakes.

& then add in a little berry medley, & it’s better than good.

Seriously mind blowing.

So if you’re a health nut, like me, I have a sweet, lil treat for you: toasted coconut x unsalted almond, dried berry trail mix.

I mean…

Here’s my deal with trail mix: I’m not a trail mixie-in-the-car-only-kinda-person. My trail mix has a serious purpose: I put it in 100 calorie Ziplock bags & put it in each of my handbags.

I also put little portion controlled bowls throughout my house. I have them in my kitchen so when I’m cooking I can grab a convenient, healthy snack. I have them in my room by bed so I don’t slam cookies down my throat at midnight. I have them in my living room for friends to snack on because bowls of candy are overrated.

A bowl of nature’s candy is way better:

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

Some benefits of almonds? Glad you asked.

Sexy, delish unsalted almonds reduce the risk of heart attacks, lower ‘bad’ cholesterol, protect artery walls from damage, build strong bones/teeth, aid in weight loss, nourish the nervous system, & alkalize the body.

This trail mix also obviously includes coconut flakes ( contains protein, fiber, zinc, & iron ), dried goji berries ( helps with stress & they’re anti-aging! ), & dried blueberries ( filled with antioxidants & Vitamin C ). If you want to get cray, add some dark chocolate chips too.

Oh! & I’m a not a measure-y person, so I basically did a handful of almonds & a 1/2 handful of the rest of the ingreds.

Easy, peasy.

And don’t forget to add your mixture to a 100 cal Ziplock bag for the perfect mid-day snack.

What’s your favorite DIY trail mix? xx. L

( * Sponsored by: Blue Diamond )

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

The Skinny Confidential talks DIY trail mix.

16 comments on Seriously Bomb Trail Mix That Takes 10 Seconds

1. shia
    04.22.14 at 11:59 pm (8 months ago)

looks yum! what coconut flakes do you use? and where do you get all the ingredients from?
    thanks!

2. Karen @ Kama Fitness
    04.23.14 at 5:26 am (8 months ago)

I LOVE trail mix! Almonds, walnuts, blueberries, cherries & cranberries are my fave!!

3. Ursula
    04.23.14 at 6:51 am (8 months ago)

Yum looks good and I love the idea of 100 calorie bags. Otherwise I might be tempted to eat the entire thing

4. Shannon
    04.23.14 at 7:29 am (8 months ago)

How bad are the other almonds that have a flavor coating on them? Like the Habanero BBQ almonds…they are soo good but I often wonder how bad they are for me..? Any clues?

XO
    Shannon

5. Sarah Rose
    04.23.14 at 11:36 am (8 months ago)

Love everything about this trail mix! I’m gonna make some for traveling for sure. Sounds much tastier than the on-flight snacks :)

6. Marina @ Lazy for Diet
    04.23.14 at 12:22 pm (8 months ago)

I have difficult ratios with trail mix… Because I can devour it in kilograms! I even am rather afraid to do your appetizing mix ;)

7. Lisa @ Simple Pairings
    04.23.14 at 1:08 pm (8 months ago)

What a great blend! I love the dried blueberries. I like dried cranberries but it’s seemingly impossible to find the unsweetened kind! I don’t want a ton of added sugar so I generally (unfortunately) shy away from them. Blueberries are a great alternative!
    Lisa @ Simple Pairings recently posted..a weekend getawayMy Profile

8. Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit
    04.23.14 at 1:10 pm (8 months ago)

I love snacks like this – especially ones you get to create and come up with fun flavors. That coconut looks like the best part about the mix to me!
    Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..FABLETICS ReviewMy Profile

9. Cayla
    04.23.14 at 6:45 pm (8 months ago)

This looks so delicious! Definitely making a batch this week. Where did you purchase that cute pen from?

04.23.14 at 8:44 pm (8 months ago)

Target : ) xx.

10. Elizabeth
    04.24.14 at 8:05 am (8 months ago)

What types of healthy snacks do your recommend for those allergic to nuts?! Thanks xx

11. Kayla Seah
    04.29.14 at 10:25 am (8 months ago)

So good. Bomb Ass really is the only way to describe this.