Mini DeLites

The Skinny Confidential talks fitness, diet, and health.|| What’s in my bag 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 ||

The Skinny Confidential talks fitness, diet, and health.|| Watermelon & lemon juice ||

My grandma is my best, best friend.

Not in a I-have-to-be-good-friends-with-her-because-she’s-my-grandma-kind of way, but because I really, really genuinely adore her.

This afternoon she came over & we drank Whispering Angel Rosé, ate sliced pears/Gruyère cheese/green grapes, & talked about everything & anything while the sun set.

I guess we’re not a typical friendship…but I don’t care. I just really get along with people that are older than me— & I’m totally ok with that.

Weird? I D K.

My grandma AKA ‘The Nanz’ is just hilarious/hip/badass. We could talk for hours & I love hearing her stories. Basically she’s sort of ‘been there, done that.’

Anyone relate?

Anyway, if anything, I teach her about blogging/how spaghetti squash can taste exactly like pasta/the Kardashian’s & she teaches me about puffy, vintage sweaters/life/family/men/etc.

I heart you, Nanz!

xx, Lauryn

The Skinny Confidential talks fitness, diet, and health.|| Prepping my patio for summer ||

The Skinny Confidential talks fitness, diet, and health.|| A mint infused grapefruit ||

The Skinny Confidential talks fitness, diet, and health.|| The Skinny Confidential bookmarks ||

The Skinny Confidential talks fitness, diet, and health.|| Rose with ‘The Nanz’ ||

15 comments on Mini DeLites

1. Liz B.
    04.15.14 at 3:04 am (8 months ago)

I had a similar relationship with my late Grandma Alice. She’d always been a kindly, doting figure in my life but one day–perhaps when I was around 18 or 19–she decided I had cleared some mental hurdle and all of a sudden, she shared everything with me. We talked politics, religion, books, family, her experience growing up in Detroit, everything important. She was hilarious and open-minded, an excellent storyteller I was so proud of. It was one of the more rewarding relationships in my life and I miss her so much!

Thanks for this post!

Liz B. recently posted..“POST-RECESSION” CHIC – I’M GOING TO TALK ABOUT MONEYMy Profile

2. Teckie
    04.15.14 at 4:47 am (8 months ago)

This post is so sweet. That’s awesome that your g-ma is open to learning about spaghetti squash – my family is Italian and she’d probably laugh at me!
    Teckie recently posted..Fuller Lips FastMy Profile

3. Jenni
    04.15.14 at 6:41 am (8 months ago)

She sounds kind of like my grandma, who passed away almost two years ago now. (Wow, it doesn’t feel that long!) She was so beautiful and FUN and witty. She never developed that “old person” personality. She would watch America’s Next Top Model marathons with me, take me shopping, and always bring over the best cheeses. She used to be a model, and was one of the original Coca Cola girls. Ah, I miss her so much. Your Nanz sounds amazing. Cherish her!!!!! I wish I realized how lucky I was to have my grandma when she was still alive.
    Jenni recently posted..Weekend Words No. 5My Profile

4. Lisa @ Simple Pairings
    04.15.14 at 6:52 am (8 months ago)

Rosé, gruyere, sliced pears, and green grapes sounds like a meal of the gods. Watching the sun set too – sounds like such a lovely evening. Such a great idea! :)
    Lisa @ Simple Pairings recently posted..dill yogurt dipMy Profile

5. Liz F.
    04.15.14 at 7:21 am (8 months ago)

LOVE this post. So sweet! I too LOVE my maw maw. She’s my jam and the most amazing, creative and talented person I’ve ever met.

Also … what ratio for your watermelon lemon juice? It looks super refreshing!!

6. 204 Park
    04.15.14 at 7:24 am (8 months ago)

So cute. Grandparents are the best – especially over a glass of rose! BTW, I heard that too much hand sanitizer messes with your hormones when it’s absorbed into your skin – just FYI! Xo, S
    204 Park recently posted..Sales And Steals For Your Shopping PleasureMy Profile

7. Shannon
    04.15.14 at 7:35 am (8 months ago)

So this post made me want to pick up the phone and call my Nana A-SAP!!:) Love it.

Questions for ya though- tonight I am doing my first Barre class ever…SOO excited! I am a big coffee drinker, especially in the afternoon, but I know I don’t want to keep up that awful habit. What kind of substitute drink would you suggest for an afternoon pick me up and something pre-Barre class? I was thinking about some kind of Tea refresher but I don’t know. I would LoVE your feedback!

Thank you for being such a confidence booster for all of us readers! :)

8. CoolAllure
    04.15.14 at 8:38 am (8 months ago)

You have a great relationship with your grandma, cherish it!

9. Jasmine
    04.15.14 at 12:55 pm (8 months ago)

I completely understand. My Gma can talk for hours and I just can’t get enough of her. I truly wish we lived in the same city, so I could soak up all that is her.
    Loved this post!!
    xx, Jasmine

10. Lindsay
    04.15.14 at 6:35 pm (8 months ago)

Your grandmother sounds like someone who makes people smile. And those are my favorite kind of people. :) PS. That watermelon + lemon juice sounds like summertime in a glass. I cannot wait.
    Lindsay recently posted..lindsay lately trois.My Profile

11. Zoe
    04.16.14 at 5:12 am (8 months ago)

So beautiful, I hope to have that kind of relationship when I’m a granny!! Love the watermelon and lemon juice looks soooo good! xo
    Zoe recently posted..Why I Love PilatesMy Profile

12. 204 Park
    04.16.14 at 9:59 am (8 months ago)

That watermelon and lemon juice looks deee-lish!! So cute that you are so cute to your “nanz’! XO, D

13. Miranda
    04.16.14 at 12:54 pm (8 months ago)

That’s fantastic about your Nanz!! That’s how my Grandma and I have always been, but the last couple years she has started to become someone else. So negative and not the woman who helped raise me, yet still in perfect health besides her mind. It is definitely hard, but at 84 it kind of comes with the territory. Enjoy the time while you have it!! :)
    Adore the blog, keep up the great work!! <3