The Skinny Confidential || A Lifestyle Blog. by: Lauryn Evarts

The Looks-Like-You-Don’t-Have-Any-Makeup-On Makeup Essentials

The Skinny Confidential talks diet, fitness, and health.

Makeup’s a real bitch.

Honestly though.

The application process takes some serious dedication.

And when it comes to a daytime look, I’m not about to go all Kim K.

I like to keep it light, fresh, dewy, & chill.

No need for clown face on crack…ever.

Anyway if I’m lucky & actually have time for daytime makeup, here’s my OCD recipe/routine/regime:

Prime. Add a lil organic SPF ( find out why I’m a total sunscreen psycho maniac here ) mixed with a light tinted moisturizer & blend this mixture with ‘The Beauty Blender’. This pink sponge is like my bestie when it comes to blending. It seriously gets the job done & doesn’t leave a weird line of foundation. Add eyebrow gel to lashes, curl, more gel, curl again, mascara. Fill in brows with this badass brow kit. Def can’t live without a brow kit. It’s a game changer. After I fill in my brows I add eyebrow gel to my eyebrows ( more on that here ). Throw on a little minty fresh lip balm—- I love minty balm because no one likes smelling breathe. Mint flavored balm really helps with shine & conceals any odor. Lastly add a spray of finishing spray. This one by MAC is insane & sets the makeup, creating that dewy finish.

Oh! And after I take my makeup off, once a week, I use this secret face mask. More here. It takes care of any toxins on my skin & helps keep my skin so fresh & so clean, clean.

My full-blown makeup routine can be found in TSC book.

My favorite daytime makeup brands ( matching with collage ):

9.) Minty lip balm

10.) Finishing spray

11.) Face mask

Newer comments

23 comments on The Looks-Like-You-Don’t-Have-Any-Makeup-On Makeup Essentials

1. Shannon
    04.03.14 at 4:00 am (2 years ago)

Hey L!
    I’m having a small problem with the links. I wan to check out that amazing looking brow kit, but the link takes me to the beauty blender (also a staple of mine! Talk about game changer!!).

Thank you so much for you’re awesome blog!

04.03.14 at 10:04 am (2 years ago)

It’s fixed : )). Thanks for reading Shan <3. XO.

2. Ashley
    04.03.14 at 7:04 am (2 years ago)

Do you have any advice for how to do brows??? I have never done them before but I think that it is time to include it in my make up routine!

3. Charlotte
    04.03.14 at 7:07 am (2 years ago)

Love this post! I am obsessed with skincare and beauty routines, and this one sounds amaze! :)

4. Ursula
    04.03.14 at 7:09 am (2 years ago)

I only discovered primer in the past year or so and it’s a game changer! I’ve never tried spray but I’ll have to look into this. Thanks for the tips
    Ursula recently posted..My Favourite Post Workout SnacksMy Profile

5. Lisa @ Simple Pairings
    04.03.14 at 8:23 am (2 years ago)

You’re so right. Going full Kim K every AM is such an effort. I’ve whittled my makeup routine to ten minutes or under – my best mornings are around 7. Even still, I wish it were 3, if that. I’m like you – I must do something for my skin tone, eyebrows, and lashes – the trifecta, right? Need to stick to the basics more often and enjoy the au naturale thing. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!
    Lisa @ Simple Pairings recently posted..latelyMy Profile

6. Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    04.03.14 at 8:26 am (2 years ago)

Ohhh can’t wait to try these products! I have Coola and absolutely adore it but I need to try your primer!

Loved the beauty section in the TSC book. So helpful! You’re the only person I’ve heard mention eyelash primer btw. Genius.
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted..MYO: Healthy Salad Dressing & a New SmuiceMy Profile

7. Laura Bray
    04.03.14 at 9:08 am (2 years ago)

I am new to eyebrow care so this is of particular interest to me! The link for the eyebrow kit takes you to the ‘beauty blender’ if there is a way to fix that. Thanks for the great advice – I love the natural look more often than not, too.
    Laura Bray recently posted..How to dispel tension and stress from your bodyMy Profile

8. AJ
    04.03.14 at 10:32 am (2 years ago)

I hate being the bearer of bad news. Especially since I heart a lot of these products, but specifically, the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers and foundations ALL contain parabens and other toxic chemicals!!
    Such a shame because I have been using LM for such a long time. They need to take that crap out of their products!
    Thanks for the great tips.

04.03.14 at 10:43 am (2 years ago)

It’s such a bummer : (. I try to avoid chemicals but when it comes to makeup, I haven’t found anything I like besides these product for daytime : (. xx.

9. Ashlee Brown
    04.03.14 at 2:57 pm (2 years ago)

I read your blog this morning, and I went and bought the Indian Healing Clay. It’s on my face right now as I type! Honestly I am so glad I found your blog, you are the coolest! Never stop blogging ever!!

10. Katie
    04.03.14 at 9:41 pm (2 years ago)

Love Coola products! And Laura Mercier! Good stuff. My day time look or rather I just don’t want to look like a boy today..haha…consists of tinted moisturizer, mascara and lip gloss.
    Katie recently posted..Style Thursday – How to Wear Colored DenimMy Profile

11. Cassidy White @
    04.04.14 at 11:30 am (2 years ago)

I’m so pumped you even put an eyelash curler! You rock my socks! I’m always looking for a new one and then result back to my old curler because it’s not near as good as my first. Thanks for the tips!
    Cassidy White @ recently posted..The Color PurpleMy Profile

12. Renee
    04.09.14 at 4:11 pm (2 years ago)

I LOVE the VS primer with SPF. Makes skin look flawless.

13. ALatteLipstick
    04.12.14 at 10:45 pm (2 years ago)

Can’t wait to try out the organic spf product! Thanks for some great products to check out!

14. Mary
    04.22.14 at 7:06 pm (2 years ago)

Love this post! I’m a huge fan of the “no makeup” look as I have long days finishing grad school, full time job and starting up a yoga and coaching business. I need makeup that doesn’t need to be constantly reapplied and won’t make me feel grimy mid-day. Thanks!!

Newer comments