The Skinny Confidential || A Lifestyle Blog. by: Lauryn Evarts

ZINNNNG! A Spoonful of Energy To Start Your AM Off Right

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

ZINNNNGG!

I love energy. Having energy is like, the best thing ever.

Ever, ever.

So. On that note, here’s lil peak inside my AM routine:

I wake up to an annoying-ass alarm, grab my phone, & lay in bed for about fifteen minutes scrolling through e-mails while spooning Pixy ( << the most gorgeous girl in the world ).

No one can talk to me for at least thirty minutes or I may bite their head off.

I finally get out of bed, feed Pixy ( non-GMO food, naturally ), brush my hair ( kidding, NOT! What’s a brush? ), blah, blah, blah.

Lately I’ve added oil pulling to my routine. While OP-ing I clean, make the bed, & get ready for the day.

And then ( am I boring you yet? )…comes the fun part.

A spoonful of energy.

Yup. That’s right.

Energy in a spoon > anything.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine. Energy in a spoon was created by Ms. Kimberly Snyder.

& lemme tell ya, it’s so easy it’s almost embarrassing.

Like, I’m obsessed because I love easy/simple/quick anything ( this excludes people, LOLZ ).

All ya do is a spoonful of coconut oil & topped off with about a tablespoon of bee pollen ( << local pollen is best ) & EAT.

If you don’t like the taste…plug your nose. Beauty is pain. I personally love the taste though. It’s kinda amaze.

Anyway I have this whole story on allergies which I’ll share later & bee pollen has been a total game changer for my seasonal allergies.

Not only is it good for allergies though, it’s also filled with some badass benefits. Like what?

♡ Smoothes skin…buh-bye acne!

♡ Helps with the digestive and respiratory system.

♡ Aids with the prostate ( << guys!! Eat your bee pollen!! #savetheballs ).

♡ Helps with infertility problems.

♡ Enhances energy…zing!

♡ Helps with hair & nails with its vitamins, minerals, & enzymes.

♡ Promotes weight loss. Cha-ching!

According to this source, “bee pollen is a food and acts faster and more effectively when taken at mealtime, which lets it gently, perform a little cleansing of the intestinal flora. A spoonful at breakfast reinforce the activity of the fresh pollen.You’ll be pleased to know that bee keepers are able to remove pollen from hives without harming the bees or disturbing their routine.”

If you want to know about the benefits of coconut oil, click here.

Soooooo if you want to start the day buzzing with energy, try this lil tippity-tip & LMK how you feel.

Zing, zinggggg!

X L

+ Disclaimer: please note that a lot of people are highly allergic to bee pollen ( & don’t know it ). If you’ve never ingested it, please try one kernel under your tongue to see if you’re allergic before eating any kind of bee pollen.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

43 comments on ZINNNNG! A Spoonful of Energy To Start Your AM Off Right

1. lyndsay
    03.27.14 at 9:00 pm (2 years ago)

LOVE THIS!! really love your blog. what do you think of oil pulling so far? i have always been curious…

2. Stephanie
    03.27.14 at 9:20 pm (2 years ago)

We have bee pollen in a supplement that I use from my company everyday. Where can you find it by itself, in stores? Online??

• Steve P.
      03.28.14 at 9:41 am (2 years ago)

Hi there! We sell Bee Pollen powder from a farm in the upper Midwest. Check it out! :) Thanks!

3. Stephanie
    03.27.14 at 9:25 pm (2 years ago)

I am an It Works distributor and we have a supplement, called greens, that I take daily. It has a TON of benefits and one of the ingredients is bee pollen. Where would you purchase bee pollen by itself? In stores? Online?

4. hannah
    03.27.14 at 10:25 pm (2 years ago)

Hey, apparently the correct routine re oil pulling is first pull, swoosh, spit to a bin, and only THEN brush your teeth.
    Bee glue/propolis is another amazing thing – works miracles on zits/acne shhhh :)

03.27.14 at 10:29 pm (2 years ago)

Need to remember this!!

5. sarah
    03.27.14 at 10:27 pm (2 years ago)

Interesting!! Cant wait to give this a try, could definitely use more energy in the Morn!!

6. veronika
    03.28.14 at 1:24 am (2 years ago)

Make sure to use bee pollen that comes from you region. That enhances the effect and contains all the nutrients you really need, because it comes from the environment you live in – this helps especially with allergies, because the pollen come from your region. It doesn´t help much when you eat pollen from (for example) the north, where other plants grow, because that´s not in the air you breath everyday.
    I hope this is understandable, sorry for my language, i´m not english/american ; )
    Oh, and the source: my mother, she is a beekeeper.

lots of love from germany <3

• AnnaB
      03.28.14 at 4:54 am (2 years ago)

Hy, I’ m from Austria and i completely agree with you! Its very important to use local products. I live in a city, but close to the Suburbs are bekeepers and i always get my Pollen from them!

XOXO

7. Kristin Mohn
    03.28.14 at 4:46 am (2 years ago)

Boo! I’m allergic to pretty much anything bee related….honey, beeswax (horrible waxing story lol), bee pollen, etc

8. Alison
    03.28.14 at 4:59 am (2 years ago)

Looks like someone has been reading Kimberly Snyder books! Awesome! I tried this a long time ago, from her book, and couldn’t don’t (so sensitive to texture), but I do both in my morning smoothies:)

9. Alison
    03.28.14 at 5:00 am (2 years ago)

Looks like someone has been reading Kimberly Snyder books! Awesome! I tried this a long time ago, from her book, and couldn’t do it (so sensitive to texture), but I do both in my morning smoothies:)

10. Elisse
    03.28.14 at 6:34 am (2 years ago)

Wow! I am definitely getting some bee pollen in my life. I knew it was good for allergies, but I wasn’t aware of how overall beneficial it is. Great post!

11. Sofie
    03.28.14 at 6:47 am (2 years ago)

I’m so buying bee-pollen when I get paid on Monday. I read about it everywhere and I’m so curious to try it out!
    x
    Sofie recently posted..Tabata it up!My Profile

12. Rose
    03.28.14 at 9:04 am (2 years ago)

That sounds pretty weird eating coconut oil, I don’t know if I should try it or not.

13. Kat
    03.28.14 at 9:14 am (2 years ago)

Hey Lauren,

Sooo I’m totally going to try this…for some reason I just all of a started having allergies to pollen like this year even though I’ve lived the past 24 years sneeze-free (I think it’s a sign of poor lifestyle choices from college/post-college…). Anyway, completely off topic but have you ever done a post about Alpha Lipoic Acid? My sister’s mother-in-law does it religiously and feels great, lost tons of weight…I tried it, same brand (Trader Joe’s), and I think I saw some benefits but not sure. I can’t find like a general consensus online if it’s good to do or not, so I thought I’d go to a guru like you!

14. Lizzie
    03.28.14 at 9:27 am (2 years ago)

Wow, this is so interesting, I’ve never heard of bee pollen! How long have you been taking it and have you noticed much of a difference in your hair and skin (not prostrate, naturally!) etc? Lizzie x
    Lizzie recently posted..Thursday’s Things – Food, Fitness and FashionMy Profile

15. 204 Park
    03.28.14 at 9:40 am (2 years ago)

This looks so weird and good at the same time! None of us have tried bee pollen EVER so we’ll have to give it a go. We’ll let you know!
    204 Park recently posted..Park Picks 03.28.14My Profile

16. Cheri @ Overactive Blogger
    03.28.14 at 11:14 am (2 years ago)

Hmmm, I might try this before my morning work out. I have just been eating a spoonful of peanuts butter before, and it works okay, but sometimes throughout the entire workout, I will be burping up PB the whole time. Gross!
    Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Things you do when you’re broke.My Profile

17. Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living
    03.28.14 at 1:17 pm (2 years ago)

I have to admit, this sounds pretty bizarre, but I will do anything for a little extra energy in the morning. Thanks for sharing :)

18. Sara
    03.28.14 at 1:42 pm (2 years ago)

wow, interesting combination. Too bad i’m allergic to BOTH these things, but hey ! Maybe i can search for similar alternatives right? Thanks for posting, i’m inspired to try something like that.

19. Sara
    03.28.14 at 1:42 pm (2 years ago)

20. peppylady (Dora)
    03.28.14 at 2:38 pm (2 years ago)

Movement is also good for energy. Found your blog though Facebook and end of each month I like to adventure out and visit different blogs.

Coffee is on
    peppylady (Dora) recently posted..Last CallMy Profile

21. Kristie Frederick
    03.29.14 at 7:46 am (2 years ago)

Just tried this today for the first time! Tastes delicious and fingers crossed that it helps with my awful allergies! Thanks again for another amazing tip, Lauryn :)

22. Cailee
    03.29.14 at 11:47 am (2 years ago)

What a nice way to start the day! I love Kimberley Synder! She just glows with health!! :) Hope that you have a great rest of the day!
    Cailee recently posted..Saturday Superfoods: ChickpeasMy Profile

23. Jennifer
    03.29.14 at 12:48 pm (2 years ago)

I use coconut oil for my face, but can not eat it…Idk what it is, but it makes me gag…So, is it still effective if I take it with a spoonful of oatmeal or greek yogurt?

24. Lauren
    03.29.14 at 4:11 pm (2 years ago)

This is kind of amazing! I’ve never heard of this before, but it definitely sounds interesting to try. Can always use a little added energy in the morning!
    If you are interested in health and lifestyle you might be interested in Beta Glucan. Its completely natural and helps to regulate and boost your immune system, reducing the chance of sickness. You can find out more at http://www.natureandlife.com!
    Hope that you’re having a lovely weekend!
    Best wishes,
    Lauren x

25. Sophie
    03.29.14 at 6:36 pm (2 years ago)

Do you melt the coconut oil first?

03.30.14 at 11:05 am (2 years ago)

Nope! Just take a spoonful. No melting involved. X

26. Wanderelle
    03.30.14 at 5:13 pm (2 years ago)

I just purchased my first jar of bee pollen! I did a little more research and found that local bee pollen is best, so found a co-op featuring local bee pollen. Tried the coconut oil/bee pollen mixture–not bad! I’m totally willing to try anything natural for a little more energy, so thanks for the sweet combo :)

27. Debi
    03.31.14 at 12:49 am (2 years ago)

It’s crazy how you convince me to buy almost everything you show here hihi. you’d be an awesome sales-manager 😉
    I will try it as soon as the beepollen arrive. yaayy.

28. Charli
    03.31.14 at 6:10 am (2 years ago)

This is really interesting! I’ve just purchased a tub of coconut oil myself for pulling (much to my boyfriend’s amusement) so will definitely now show him this and recommend the bee pollen to him- it might finally be a way to help with his hay fever. Thanks!
    Charli recently posted..Lady Dinah’s Cat EmporiumMy Profile

29. Anna
    03.31.14 at 12:17 pm (2 years ago)

Hi – bee pollen can be used to treat allergies however a TON of people are HIGHLY allergic to it and don’t even know it. It can be extremely poisonous if you are. If you have never tried it before, I recommend taking 1 kernal under your tongue and seeing if you develop any sort of reaction (itchy mouth, rash etc.).
    This is all coming from my own personal experience. I have never had allergies before and lead a very healthy, fit and balanced lifestyle. About 2 years ago, I had a smoothie at Whole Foods with contained bee pollen. It was my first time trying this and I was drawn to the supposed health benefits. About 15 minutes after consuming my smoothie, I started developing an itchy rash on my chest, hands, feet and face which started swelling and spreading all over my body. I also had a sudden fever and extreme stomach pain. I got really scared and drove myself to the ER where they saw me immediately and connected me to an IV. I was experiencing a potentially fatal allergic reaction called Anaphylaxis, where your entire body goes into shock. The fact that my mouth started itching meant my toungue/throaght were beginning to swell. Had I not made it to the ER in time, I wouldnot be here today writing this comment, heh. Since then, I have experienced even more reactions to foods I have eaten my entire life, which has all stemmed from the original bee pollen reaction – according to my allergist. My case was settled; however, I was apalled that Whole Foods would not honor my request of placing an allergy warning at their juice bar regarding the bee pollen. I think its important to be aware of possible allergies and especially to something that can cause even more. Honestly, its beeter to be safe than sorry. http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/05/22/beware-potential-risks-bee-pollen-supplements/

03.31.14 at 12:37 pm (2 years ago)

Wow!! Thank you for this advice : ). I will add a disclaimer!!

30. Catherine Okereke
    07.14.15 at 7:28 pm (7 months ago)

Totally trying this tomorrow. I love energy and mornings…I often take both of these separately in some form, but this seems like a great way to amp-up my morning. Well done lady!

XO,

Catherine

07.15.15 at 1:07 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks girly. Enjoy. x

31. Terri
    09.10.15 at 4:55 am (5 months ago)

I used to you bee pollen many years ago. Got away from it Just purchased a jar from our local bee person. I have it every morning in yogurt. 3 days and I already can feel the difference. 58 yrs and getting my energy back. I’m not fond of the taste but It works.

32. Paige
    10.18.15 at 2:29 pm (4 months ago)

This is a game changer! I have been incorporating this into my morning routine the last 3 days, and I already notice a difference in my energy, and my allergies…I have always been obsessed with the texture of bee pollen and have had it in acai or pitaya bowls, but haven’t purchased it myself until recently. I also live in San Diego and the weather here as you know is disgustingly hot, and I always get allergies really bad this time of year. Incorporating this I feel like I can breathe with ease again, no more headaches, and a ton of energy! Dare I say its better than coffee?!