ZINNNNG! A Spoonful of Energy To Start Your AM Off Right

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

ZINNNNGG!

I love energy. Having energy is like, the best thing ever.

Ever, ever.

So. On that note, here’s lil peak inside my AM routine:

I wake up to an annoying-ass alarm, grab my phone, & lay in bed for about fifteen minutes scrolling through e-mails while spooning Pixy ( << the most gorgeous girl in the world ).

No one can talk to me for at least thirty minutes or I may bite their head off.

I finally get out of bed, feed Pixy ( non-GMO food, naturally ), brush my hair ( kidding, NOT! What’s a brush? ), blah, blah, blah.

Lately I’ve added oil pulling to my routine. While OP-ing I clean, make the bed, & get ready for the day.

And then ( am I boring you yet? )…comes the fun part.

A spoonful of energy.

Yup. That’s right.

Energy in a spoon > anything.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine. Energy in a spoon was created by Ms. Kimberly Snyder.

& lemme tell ya, it’s so easy it’s almost embarrassing.

Like, I’m obsessed because I love easy/simple/quick anything ( this excludes people, LOLZ ).

All ya do is a spoonful of coconut oil & topped off with about a tablespoon of bee pollen ( << local pollen is best ) & EAT.

If you don’t like the taste…plug your nose. Beauty is pain. I personally love the taste though. It’s kinda amaze.

Anyway I have this whole story on allergies which I’ll share later & bee pollen has been a total game changer for my seasonal allergies.

Not only is it good for allergies though, it’s also filled with some badass benefits. Like what?

♡ Smoothes skin…buh-bye acne!

♡ Helps with the digestive and respiratory system.

♡ Aids with the prostate ( << guys!! Eat your bee pollen!! #savetheballs ).

♡ Helps with infertility problems.

♡ Enhances energy…zing!

♡ Helps with hair & nails with its vitamins, minerals, & enzymes.

♡ Promotes weight loss. Cha-ching!

According to this source, “bee pollen is a food and acts faster and more effectively when taken at mealtime, which lets it gently, perform a little cleansing of the intestinal flora. A spoonful at breakfast reinforce the activity of the fresh pollen.You’ll be pleased to know that bee keepers are able to remove pollen from hives without harming the bees or disturbing their routine.”

If you want to know about the benefits of coconut oil, click here.

Soooooo if you want to start the day buzzing with energy, try this lil tippity-tip & LMK how you feel.

Zing, zinggggg!

X L

+ Disclaimer: please note that a lot of people are highly allergic to bee pollen ( & don’t know it ). If you’ve never ingested it, please try one kernel under your tongue to see if you’re allergic before eating any kind of bee pollen.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

The Skinny Confidential's morning routine.

Newer comments

38 comments on ZINNNNG! A Spoonful of Energy To Start Your AM Off Right

1. lyndsay
    03.27.14 at 9:00 pm (5 months ago)

LOVE THIS!! really love your blog. what do you think of oil pulling so far? i have always been curious…

2. Stephanie
    03.27.14 at 9:20 pm (5 months ago)

We have bee pollen in a supplement that I use from my company everyday. Where can you find it by itself, in stores? Online??

• Steve P.
      03.28.14 at 9:41 am (5 months ago)

Hi there! We sell Bee Pollen powder from a farm in the upper Midwest. Check it out! :) Thanks!

3. Stephanie
    03.27.14 at 9:25 pm (5 months ago)

I am an It Works distributor and we have a supplement, called greens, that I take daily. It has a TON of benefits and one of the ingredients is bee pollen. Where would you purchase bee pollen by itself? In stores? Online?

4. hannah
    03.27.14 at 10:25 pm (5 months ago)

Hey, apparently the correct routine re oil pulling is first pull, swoosh, spit to a bin, and only THEN brush your teeth.
    Bee glue/propolis is another amazing thing – works miracles on zits/acne shhhh :)

03.27.14 at 10:29 pm (5 months ago)

Need to remember this!!

5. sarah
    03.27.14 at 10:27 pm (5 months ago)

Interesting!! Cant wait to give this a try, could definitely use more energy in the Morn!!

6. veronika
    03.28.14 at 1:24 am (5 months ago)

Make sure to use bee pollen that comes from you region. That enhances the effect and contains all the nutrients you really need, because it comes from the environment you live in – this helps especially with allergies, because the pollen come from your region. It doesn´t help much when you eat pollen from (for example) the north, where other plants grow, because that´s not in the air you breath everyday.
    I hope this is understandable, sorry for my language, i´m not english/american ; )
    Oh, and the source: my mother, she is a beekeeper.

lots of love from germany <3

• AnnaB
      03.28.14 at 4:54 am (5 months ago)

Hy, I’ m from Austria and i completely agree with you! Its very important to use local products. I live in a city, but close to the Suburbs are bekeepers and i always get my Pollen from them!

XOXO

7. Kristin Mohn
    03.28.14 at 4:46 am (5 months ago)

Boo! I’m allergic to pretty much anything bee related….honey, beeswax (horrible waxing story lol), bee pollen, etc

8. Alison
    03.28.14 at 4:59 am (5 months ago)

Looks like someone has been reading Kimberly Snyder books! Awesome! I tried this a long time ago, from her book, and couldn’t don’t (so sensitive to texture), but I do both in my morning smoothies:)

9. Alison
    03.28.14 at 5:00 am (5 months ago)

Looks like someone has been reading Kimberly Snyder books! Awesome! I tried this a long time ago, from her book, and couldn’t do it (so sensitive to texture), but I do both in my morning smoothies:)

10. Elisse
    03.28.14 at 6:34 am (5 months ago)

Wow! I am definitely getting some bee pollen in my life. I knew it was good for allergies, but I wasn’t aware of how overall beneficial it is. Great post!

11. Sofie
    03.28.14 at 6:47 am (5 months ago)

I’m so buying bee-pollen when I get paid on Monday. I read about it everywhere and I’m so curious to try it out!
    x
    Sofie recently posted..Tabata it up!My Profile

12. Rose
    03.28.14 at 9:04 am (5 months ago)

That sounds pretty weird eating coconut oil, I don’t know if I should try it or not.

13. Kat
    03.28.14 at 9:14 am (5 months ago)

Hey Lauren,

Sooo I’m totally going to try this…for some reason I just all of a started having allergies to pollen like this year even though I’ve lived the past 24 years sneeze-free (I think it’s a sign of poor lifestyle choices from college/post-college…). Anyway, completely off topic but have you ever done a post about Alpha Lipoic Acid? My sister’s mother-in-law does it religiously and feels great, lost tons of weight…I tried it, same brand (Trader Joe’s), and I think I saw some benefits but not sure. I can’t find like a general consensus online if it’s good to do or not, so I thought I’d go to a guru like you!

14. Lizzie
    03.28.14 at 9:27 am (5 months ago)

Wow, this is so interesting, I’ve never heard of bee pollen! How long have you been taking it and have you noticed much of a difference in your hair and skin (not prostrate, naturally!) etc? Lizzie x
    Lizzie recently posted..Thursday’s Things – Food, Fitness and FashionMy Profile

15. 204 Park
    03.28.14 at 9:40 am (5 months ago)

This looks so weird and good at the same time! None of us have tried bee pollen EVER so we’ll have to give it a go. We’ll let you know!
    204 Park recently posted..Park Picks 03.28.14My Profile

16. Cheri @ Overactive Blogger
    03.28.14 at 11:14 am (5 months ago)

Hmmm, I might try this before my morning work out. I have just been eating a spoonful of peanuts butter before, and it works okay, but sometimes throughout the entire workout, I will be burping up PB the whole time. Gross!
    Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Things you do when you’re broke.My Profile

17. Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living
    03.28.14 at 1:17 pm (5 months ago)

I have to admit, this sounds pretty bizarre, but I will do anything for a little extra energy in the morning. Thanks for sharing :)

Newer comments