Fitness Time: This Week’s Workout Wardrobe

Lauryn Evarts and Splits59 talk fitness and workout clothes.

Lauryn Evarts and Splits59 talk fitness and workout clothes.

Let’s be real: working out sucks if you don’t look cute.

Like, sweats & an oversized tee don’t work for me. And if I’m busting ass in the gym then my ass should at least look cute, right?

What’s so annoying though: there’s so many awful workout clothes for women.

Maybe it wouldn’t be so annoying if I didn’t have to see camel toes x 10 at the gym ( super awkward ). But seriously…there’s so many unflattering brands.

It’s a real sigh of relief to find workout clothes that have that special, I woke up like this, flattering-look.

Right?

Lauryn-in-Splits59-2Opaqued

Lauryn Evarts and Splits59 talk fitness and workout clothes.

So today I’m sharing what I’ve worn to the gym the past three days & I can say, with complete confidence that:

1.} The brand, Splits59 ( << def one of my top favorites for workout clothes ), keeps everything tight. It slims a women in all the right areas. It’s almost like the Spanx of workout clothes. Their stuff hugs in all the right areas.

2.} These black pants make my life. And anything with thumbholes really gets me going.

3.} & just so we’re clear: I felt cute- not frumpy/dull/shabby/homely.

Lauryn Evarts and Splits59 talk fitness and workout clothes.

Because let’s face it: feeling cute during a workout makes it sooo much better. And anything that makes my ass looks tighter is a total win.win.win.

X L

P.S. all my favorite workout moves will be found in my book ; ). Pre-order here.

{ Black pullover // black pants ‘flare’ // black pants ‘capri’ // teal hoodie // white pullover // black ‘X’ tank // sports bra // shoes // sunglasses // gold ring // gold stack ring }

{{ Photo cred: Steven Levas }}

Lauryn Evarts and Splits59 talk fitness and workout clothes.

photo (1)

Lauryn Evarts and Splits59 talk fitness and workout clothes.

Newer comments

25 comments on Fitness Time: This Week’s Workout Wardrobe

1. Lisa @ Simple Pairings
    02.26.14 at 7:03 pm (7 months ago)

Could not agree more! I have way more confidence, motivation, and happiness when I work out and feel like I look cute, too. Whatever works, right? :)
    Lisa @ Simple Pairings recently posted..crab bisqueMy Profile

2. Cheri @ Overactive Blogger
    02.26.14 at 7:59 pm (7 months ago)

How do you manage to look so effortlessly cute in all of your clothes! I swear, I do NOT look like that when I go to the gym, and I swear I actually try! My favorite is that black pullover! Gimme one! :)
    Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Songs to love by.My Profile

3. Alisia
    02.26.14 at 8:16 pm (7 months ago)

I completely agree, I need to look cute to get all gross and sweaty. I want to invest into new workout cloths but good ones are so expensive. I’ll have to do some research on the ones you recommend. I’m hosting my first link-up for Thankful Thursday, I would appreciate it if you linked up.
    Alisia recently posted..Blog Design GiveawayMy Profile

4. Katelyn Broad
    02.26.14 at 8:19 pm (7 months ago)

OMG you look gorgeous in all of your workout clothes! I swear I can’t look anything but frumpy in sweats. It’s a problem.

5. zo
    02.26.14 at 8:30 pm (7 months ago)

Check out the Australian brands! We have super cute sports clothes:

- the upside sports clothes
    - thisisfirstbase.com
    - Lorna Jane

6. Sylvie
    02.26.14 at 9:19 pm (7 months ago)

I agree! Very cute workout wardrobe! :-) xoxo

7. Liz S.
    02.26.14 at 10:11 pm (7 months ago)

LOVE LOVE LOVE Splits59. Definitely one of the chicest workout clothing brands out there.

8. Sofie
    02.27.14 at 2:39 am (7 months ago)

That’s some lovely stuff there! Here in Spain I love Oysho’s workout gear, so nice and inexpensive. No camel-toes in sight ;) x
    Sofie recently posted..HallouMi – HallouYouMy Profile

9. Amanda Elizabeth
    02.27.14 at 4:44 am (7 months ago)

I am obsessed with Splits they are my favorite brand for teaching Barre. I love the pair of tights that have the grips on the bottom for Barre/Pilates. Yeah so happy to see you highlighting this fabulous brand!
    Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..The Time We Almost Got Shot with a BB GunMy Profile

02.27.14 at 8:44 am (7 months ago)

Love this!!! I’m so flattered you like the blog : ). This was so sweet- it made my morning! X

10. Tam
    02.27.14 at 6:57 am (7 months ago)

When I first started working out (which was several years ago), I was so skeptical and doubtful that clothes specifically designed for working out would make a difference. My thought was, “I’m here to sweat, not look cute.” After seeing my raggedy self head to the gym in old tshirts and outdated shorts one time too many, my mother surprised me with some cute workout clothes. After seeing them and then wearing them, I definitely saw the light! Not only are a lot of the workout clothes offered today super cute, but they are so purposeful. They compress, tighten, warm, wick, and lift. On top of that, they are so stylishly comfortable that you feel comfortable running around town in them. In fact, you start to choose a cute workout outfit over jeans for errands. I see other women running around in cute workout outfits while shopping or at the grocery store. And guess what? Perfect way to strike up conversations with other women who work out, or meet a date.

11. Liz F.
    02.27.14 at 8:05 am (7 months ago)

I’m OBSESSED with SPLITS59 pants. They ARE like spanx … and totally comfortable and fashionable and swoon, yea, I love ‘em!

12. Jenni
    02.27.14 at 1:51 pm (7 months ago)

I totally agree about looking cute. I feel like I work harder if I know I look good doing it. Haha! Especially if there’s a hot guy working out anywhere near me…
    Jenni recently posted..My Favorite Face WashMy Profile