Brush Your Lips & Thank Me Later

Lauryn Evarts talks fashion, diet, and fitness.

Lauryn Evarts talks fashion, diet, and fitness.

Ok, so let’s talk about how I brush my lips.

Yup.

Been doing it since 6th grade.

Weird?

Bear with me.

My friend, Katie from The Fashion Bite just did a post on this & she has these plump, amazing lips…so she inspired me to share a lil tipsy-tip I’ve done for yearrrrsssss: using a toothbrush to brush my lips.

Super easy, economical, & quick.

Lauryn Evarts talks fashion, diet, and fitness.

BUT.

You know me…& I always have to take it a step further.

Lemme introduce ya to cinnamon oil.

According to this source, “cinnamon;s an all natural lip plumper because it actually very mildly irritates the skin on your lips, which causes them to redden and swell. When you rub the cinnamon against your lips, you are stimulating the blood supply to your lips. The result is a pretty, plump pout!”

Err, welp (!!!)…anything that pumps my pout, naturally, is chill in my book.

Ok, so here’s what you do: grab a Rite-Aid toothbrush & some cinnamon oil. Dap the oil on the toothbrush & brush in circular motion to gently exfoliate your lips. Afterwards I like to put Burt’s Bee Lip Balm on my lips to seal the deal. Stimulating the lips makes them bigger/poutier ( is that a real word? If not, it should be ).

& hey, if you’re lazy…brush your lips while you brush your teeth.

& if you’re even lazier, try this lil lip plumper dime. The device has “massaging nubs to softly stimulate and exfoliate your pout, buffing away flakiness and dryness, leaving only soft, healthy lips that are revitalized, rejuvenated and ready for your favorite lip color.”

Easy, easy, easy.

I mean, ultimately no one wants white, sickie crust flaking off their lips.

Like, thanks but no thanks; #brushyolips.

X L

{ Remember when I talked about dry brushing your body? Same principle applies: stimulation is key! }.

Lauryn Evarts talks fashion, diet, and fitness.

22 comments on Brush Your Lips & Thank Me Later

1. Elisa
    02.26.14 at 12:42 am (8 months ago)

I brush my lips as well and have found it to be more effective than any lip scrub. But I didn’t know about the cinnamon oil… thanks for that little gem!

2. Genya
    02.26.14 at 1:22 am (8 months ago)

I love using lip scrubs on weekly bases. But this advice is great, sounds like something worth trying. Now I am wondering how comes I haven’t thought about it earlier! And need to get cinnamon oil asap.
    Genya recently posted..Yes to Cucumbers reviewMy Profile

3. Christine
    02.26.14 at 10:34 am (8 months ago)

I use my Clarisonic a few times a week on my lips, def adding the Cinnamon oil! Where are the toothbrushes from? So cute!

02.26.14 at 10:43 am (8 months ago)

Rite-Aid :-)!!

4. Elena
    02.26.14 at 12:54 pm (8 months ago)

It’s funny; I’ve been doing this for years too! Mainly to exfoliate; it’s great for chapped lips (which mine are) :o) Love the idea of the cinnamon too. I wrote about this in a post awhile back when I shared some beauty tips and tricks! Thanks for sharing and I hope you’re having a great week!

croppedstories@gmail.com

5. Sugar rocks
    02.26.14 at 2:55 pm (8 months ago)

That’s a great tip, just another tip while were on the lips subject.I have very sensitive lips so one thing I use on a daily is Vaseline lip balm keeps my lips smooth and locks in the moisture unlike Chapstick:)

6. Jenni
    02.26.14 at 5:56 pm (8 months ago)

I think the word you were looking for is poutier. Haha. Love the cinnamon idea! Genius.
    Jenni recently posted..My Favorite Face WashMy Profile

7. ardeetz
    02.26.14 at 6:09 pm (8 months ago)

great beauty tip!! :) Keep em coming!

8. Christine
    02.27.14 at 3:45 am (8 months ago)

Thanks for the tip!! I’m gonna have to try this :)

9. Melissa
    02.27.14 at 7:03 pm (8 months ago)

Amazing advice! I can’t wait to try this :)

10. Kaysha Comfort
    03.02.14 at 9:56 am (8 months ago)

Oh. My. Word. What a lovely idea. I’m so going to try this, considering my lips seem to be on an angry outrage lately. You rock!
    Kaysha Comfort recently posted..Happy, happy, happy weekend!My Profile

11. Kayla
    03.10.14 at 7:46 am (8 months ago)

Hi Lauren!

I tried the cinnamon oil this weekend. It actually really burnt my lips–but after ten minutes (and a cold wash cloth), my lips looked great! BUTTTTT at first my lips and skin around them were very red. Here is my question, does it chap/dry out your lips because mine are SO chapped and dry. Any tips? I have kept vasaline on them all weekend, but they are still dry :(

Thanks, girl!!
    Kayla

• Sarah
      03.10.14 at 5:43 pm (8 months ago)

I had the same thing happen! It hurt so much! And a day or two later, my lips still feel very sensitive and raw (I feel like the oil burned off the outer layer of skin). Did I just use too much? Should I try diluting it before putting it on my lips?

03.10.14 at 10:14 pm (8 months ago)

DEF try to dilute then. If it’s too strong, use water. I like it burning my face off…obviously sometimes that’s too much so use water! xx.