Why Being A ‘Larry Lazy’ Sucks

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.

Oh, lazzzzzy days.

We’ve all experienced them.

Sometimes being lazy is fun.

But it’s totally, not at all fun when you’re Larry Lazy 24/7.

& FYI: I’m not just talking being lazy when it comes to fitness.

I’m talking about becoming lazy with your diet, relationship, friendship, work, & life in general. I’m also talking about being lazy when it comes to working on YOURSELF.

I know, life can be hard. A real balancing act.

But lazy never got anyone anywhere. Plus it’s not good for you, your ass, or your honey.

Let me get all vulnerable here for a sec: there’s definitely been days where laying bed sounded way better than getting off my ass to return e-mails, work towards my list of goals, workout, etc. If I sat here & told you guys I’m never lazy, I’d be lying my ass off. Even in a relationship it’s easy to get lazy ( << friendships too! ).

I’ve been trying to manage my lazy days.

Lately I’ve kept them reserved for Sundays ( read more on that here )— for me, it helps to keep a healthy momentum going throughout the week & then relax on Sunday.

Ultimately, it’s important to do whatever works for you…but if you notice yourself feeling lazy everyday, every week, every second— practice a lil self discipline.

I saw this quote on Insta the other day: “you have as many hours in a day as Beyonce.”

Yup.

If you don’t like something get off your ass & change it!

Happy hump day <3,

X L

Newer comments

26 comments on Why Being A ‘Larry Lazy’ Sucks

1. Hilary
    02.19.14 at 5:30 pm (7 months ago)

I hear ya sister! I can’t tell you how many times that Beyonce quote runs through my head when I’m feeling lazy!
    Hilary recently posted..Bloglovin. Ever heard of it?My Profile

2. Stormie
    02.19.14 at 5:34 pm (7 months ago)

Wow, couldn’t agree more. I recently started working out every single day, and I found the discipline I imposed on myself carried over to other parts of my life too! Now I find myself really trying to kick everything into high gear in life.
    Stormie recently posted..Sunshine & A Short Work WeekMy Profile

3. Katelyn
    02.19.14 at 5:45 pm (7 months ago)

I agree, like 100%. I think it’s also good to know what triggers your lazy tendencies. For me it’s when I overbook myself. I start to think “if I can’t finish all of it, I won’t finish any of it.” Totally flawed thinking.

4. Dani
    02.19.14 at 6:20 pm (7 months ago)

I feel this, ive become a lazy larry lately. Letting everything get to me, but that insta quote just made me laugh. Need to get off my ass now and get too it!

5. Megan
    02.19.14 at 7:03 pm (7 months ago)

When I give into my laziness I just end up feeling guilty for being lazy so it’s never worth it in the end. I also find I never feel like going for a run but always end up feeling incredible afterwards so it’s totally worth it:) Megan @ http://www.sirenjane.blogspot.com
    Megan recently posted..spring dreamsMy Profile

6. Cheri @ Overactive Blogger
    02.19.14 at 7:05 pm (7 months ago)

About 4 years ago, I was SO sick of hating my body. I moved to another city, starting working out sixish days a week, and started running, and subsequently running marathons. I eat better, I love the way my body looks, and I feel so energized, compared to the way I did before. Getting off my ass and changing it changed my life. You’re right!
    Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..My favorite scar.My Profile

7. Vanessa
    02.19.14 at 8:38 pm (7 months ago)

You have read my mind.. And my insta , right away today! Great article oh the hump day but more important the motivation

8. Vanessa
    02.19.14 at 8:41 pm (7 months ago)

You have read my mind and my insta .. Exactly today ! Good article ! There is always a motivation to be and feel better

9. Kate
    02.19.14 at 11:04 pm (7 months ago)

I needed this so much this week – that Beyoncé quote is going to be on postit bites all over my apartment until I get out of my lazy rut! Great post – thank you!

Kate

10. Megan
    02.20.14 at 5:37 am (7 months ago)

I’ve had so many lazy days recently I am beginning to dread them! The less lazy days there are the more we appreciate them!

11. Alissa @ Eat Clean Beauty Queen
    02.20.14 at 6:21 am (7 months ago)

So true. That Beyonce quote especially gets me when its been a long day and I don’t want to work out. Someone like Beyonce puts in crazy long days every day and still hits the gym. I’m trying to get better about lazy mornings.. I get off to a slow start a lot of days and feel like I could improve my efficiency if I got up and moving a little earlier.
    Alissa @ Eat Clean Beauty Queen recently posted..8 Tips for a Stellar Workout Despite a Swamped ScheduleMy Profile

12. Jill
    02.20.14 at 6:25 am (7 months ago)

So true. Lately I have been feeling like I am always exhausted and never able to get caught up or motivated. I’ve been struggling to get even a single chore done in the evenings. But other times I go through periods where I’m energized and able to tackle everything. I need to find a way to flip that switch. I love that Beyonce quote! Gonna remind myself of that one.
    Jill recently posted..Baked Blueberry Banana Overnight OatsMy Profile

13. Karen @ Kama Fitness
    02.20.14 at 6:35 am (7 months ago)

I really don’t understand how people can become so lazy, one day is enough for me & I save my lazy days for sundays too! but after my 2 hours of meal prep! ;)
    Karen @ Kama Fitness recently posted..Processed for Progress {!!!}My Profile

14. Lisa
    02.20.14 at 6:42 am (7 months ago)

TOTALLY agree! As good as it feels to relax and just totally enjoy being comfortable and cozy, I usually feel much better if I reserve that time for AFTER I’ve been productive. If I do it the other way around and procrastinate work until later, I usually spend most of my ‘relaxing’ time dreading the work I really need to do. Plus, I generally always feel better after I’ve been productive. Never regretted a day of productivity!
    Lisa recently posted..roasted garlic hummusMy Profile

15. 204 Park
    02.20.14 at 9:10 am (7 months ago)

Amen sistah! Nothing feels better than getting stuff done and actually being proud of yourself. We love our chill days but love to be busy too! XO

16. Lindsey
    02.20.14 at 10:52 am (7 months ago)

I feel ya there! Just met with a girl for a potential work opportunity that I was wanting to put off – SO glad I did it, meeting went great!

17. Chloe Shelby
    02.20.14 at 11:17 am (7 months ago)

Love this post! It is so true. Being lazy feels good for awhile but in the end I wish that I would have been more productive!

18. Elisabeth
    02.20.14 at 11:49 am (7 months ago)

Really love this post, I like how you tell things like it is and don’t sugarcoat anything! I have tons of things to do in school now but I just keep postponing everything and then I get even more stressed out. It’s not like I have anything better to do, so I just have to tell myself to do it and stop being so lazy.
    Elisabeth recently posted..i+m Naturkosmetik RengöringsmjölkMy Profile