Mini DeLites

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.{ Seriously in love with this top }
Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.{ Pixy’s dry cleaning…( insert laughing/crying Emoji here ) }

Something that reallllllllyyyyy bugs: hateful, mean comments on social media.

It seems like the more followers you have on Instagram, the more hateful comments.

The other day I signed on to Instagram to see a top blogger getting annihilated in the comment section.

I just don’t get it…if someone doesn’t have anything nice to say, then why say anything at all?

If I don’t like what’s someone’s promoting on social media, I’ll ignore it or unfollow that person.

It’s real simple.

Like, is it necessary to say “just die,” “you’re a fat pig,” &/or “eww you ugly B.”

Ultimately I would never go out of my way to write something hurtful. It’s a total waste of time & it’s combative…and just plain hateful.

At the end of the day, it’s like, uhhh, please find a hobby besides being mean to famous people on Instagram.

Point: negativity breeds negativity. Positive vibes always win in my book.

I mean…right?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Ok, rant over.

x L

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.{ Coasters that make cocktails way prettier }

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.{ Today’s heaven on earth }
Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.{ Western-inspired boots }
Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.{ Love this bug }

Newer comments

43 comments on Mini DeLites

1. Katelyn
    02.10.14 at 11:20 pm (9 months ago)

Social media definitely brings out the ugly. I would never say anything negative about a person on social media-especially on their posts. People need to get a life.
    P.S. That shirt is so cute!!!

2. Liz S.
    02.10.14 at 11:58 pm (9 months ago)

It’s the insane amount of negativity and hate from internet trolls (particularly anonymous comments) that make social media almost unbearable. After 4 years of blogging, I finally stopped in 2011, in part because I was sick of the hateful comments. I’m sorry you’re experiencing this too :(

• Kirsten Kelly
      02.13.14 at 8:11 am (8 months ago)

Liz- I know I don’t know you but don’t stop writing!! To me it’s obvious why you were being attacked:

1) What you were saying was important enough and had enough substance for people to come against
      2) People want attention and will get it through whatever means possible. Even if its negative.

You have a voice and a perspective that deserves to be heard. Don’t let those punks dictate the outcome of your life, no matter how small.

Don’t stop! Believin’! ..Or writing.
      Kirsten Kelly recently posted..3 Ways To Be A Friend That People LoveMy Profile

3. Shannon
    02.11.14 at 4:22 am (9 months ago)

Agree! If you don’t like someone, don’t follow them! Simple as that. It says a lot about someone if they to through all that effort to beat someone else down. It’s easier to be mean from behind a keyboard, but remember there’s a real person on the other side.

4. Ingrid
    02.11.14 at 5:55 am (9 months ago)

i love suja! and your dog is so cute!!

5. Ingrid
    02.11.14 at 5:55 am (9 months ago)

i love suja! and your dog is so cute!!

6. Adrienne
    02.11.14 at 6:02 am (9 months ago)

Girl I totally hear what you are saying about negativity! There is enough negativity in this world that it sickens me to think that people go out of their ways to talk trash on social media! There is absolutely nothing productive to come out of being negative. “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all!” -(I think Thumper’s mom said that in Bambi)
    Anyways, love those coasters mon! Andddd I am really enjoying reading through your blog and following along, keep up the good work! :)

7. Hilary
    02.11.14 at 7:53 am (8 months ago)

So many famous people on Insty get trashed so bad! I’ve been noticing lately on Facebook that people are really trash talking each other on controversial articles that get posted. It’s really crazy and sad. It’s like everyone’s just super bored or something. Not cool.
    Anyways, love the boots!
    Hilary recently posted..Imaginary Shopping Trip #2My Profile

8. Liz F.
    02.11.14 at 7:56 am (8 months ago)

Love your booties!

And YES! It breaks my heart when people are mean! Just unfollow! Choose love! Be happy! Or keep your mouth shut :)
    Liz F. recently posted..How To Start A Manifestation PracticeMy Profile

9. Marla
    02.11.14 at 8:08 am (8 months ago)

Where is your white shirt from in the first picture? Is it new?

10. Marla
    02.11.14 at 8:08 am (8 months ago)

Where is your white shirt from in the first picture? Is it new? I love it!

11. Marla
    02.11.14 at 8:09 am (8 months ago)

Where is your shirt from in the first picture, is it new? I love it!

02.11.14 at 10:21 am (8 months ago)

There’s a scroll link at the bottom of this post with one!! I will add the link today too babe :-).

12. Sofie
    02.11.14 at 8:35 am (8 months ago)

I totally agree with you! If you can’t say something nice then don’t say it at all. It’s really that simple :)
    x
    Sofie recently posted..Borough MarketMy Profile

13. Alexandra
    02.11.14 at 8:36 am (8 months ago)

Ugh, yes! I can’t believe people would waste any of their time being negative to other people. Please fill your time with something productive, something that makes you a better/happier/healthy person!

14. Christina Francisco
    02.11.14 at 8:46 am (8 months ago)

Do you have a link to the shirt? It’s awesome!

15. Kara
    02.11.14 at 9:40 am (8 months ago)

Love that top and ALL the decor in your place! So cute!! And I agree, just don’t say anything or stop allowing someone if you don’t like what they are saying or posting, simple as that! I would say its the jealousy talking with those people….. :)
    Kara recently posted..Kissable LipsMy Profile