Mini DeLites

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ The perfect set-up for homemade guac }

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Saturday’s beauty essentials }

The other day my friend, Jackie, sent me an article on “20 Things Mentally Strong People Do.” Sooooo after reading through the article, I realized my top two strengths & top two weaknesses.

Ok, so bear with me…a little self-reflection going on tonight—

Strengths:

+ Not Listening To The Opinions Of Others:

I def don’t listen to people that bash my ideas. I stand my ground with any ideas/thoughts. Three years ago people were confused when I told them I was a blogger. Now? People get it. I’m so glad I didn’t listen to other’s opinions years ago because TSC wouldn’t exist.

+ Throwing In The Towel:

I simply won’t quit. When I set my mind to something, I give it 100%. Practice makes perfect.

Weaknesses:

+ Trying To Please People:

Sometimes I try to please everyone. And honestly? It’s exhausting. Sometimes ya gotta say “F it!” LOL. I’m learning as I get older to say no, no, NO, & NOOO. Remember this post?

+ Refusing Help From Others

I’m a control freak. Like, it’s a problem. But hey, I’m workin’ on it. I can’t control everything ( even though I want to : ) ). I guess I’m a work in progress.

Ok, so one of my favorite things about the article was number 7.

So why number 7?

Welp, it reads like this: “getting jealous over the success of others: when others succeed, you should be happy. If they can do it, so can you. The success of others does not, in any way, lessen the chances of you succeeding. If anything, it should motivate you to keep pushing forward.”

Hmmm.

Why get jealous? I’d rather collaborate than compete. It’s too exhausting to be competitive. & ultimately, everyone’s different. Soooo why waste a damn second being jelly of someone else?

Yawn, right? ZZZzzzz.

Put that energy towards creating, loving, family, & friends.

Because negative energy breeds negative energy. And man-oh-man, jealously is seriously negative.

I sincerely try to project happiness towards all my family/friends/acquaintances/etc. who are killing it. It inspires me to work harder in general.

Jealously’s an ugly green monster that sucks ass.

Point: be yourself ( & own it ); everyone else is taken.

So back to the article— let’s face it: there’s always a need for improvement. At the end of day I want to grow and learn as much as possible.

So. On that note, happy Monday, errr…I mean Tuesday!

X L

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ My latest breaky thanks to my friend, Annie }

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ I’d seriously die without my Mophie…it doubles the battery on my phone!! }

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Loving this vintage tee from Brag Vintage }
Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Using kitchenware as a jewelry holder }

24 comments on Mini DeLites

1. Annie
    02.04.14 at 10:06 pm (6 months ago)

Mmmm!! Next brekky needs to be this weekend including Suja mimosas at RV :) xo

02.04.14 at 10:20 pm (6 months ago)

YESSSS, we need to talk!! Text me : ).

2. Lisa @ The Skinny on Health
    02.04.14 at 10:11 pm (6 months ago)

I totally agree! Wasting time and energy stressing and being jealous over the success of others could be much better utilized if put toward you own success! Collaborating beats competing any day. It’s a shame jealousy is so hard to control!

xox

PS – that west elm crush bowl is one of my fav things in my kitchen…
    Lisa @ The Skinny on Health recently posted..Fit Tip Tuesday #4!My Profile

02.04.14 at 10:19 pm (6 months ago)

Me too (& agree on everything)! It’s so cute : ).

3. tiffne
    02.04.14 at 10:37 pm (6 months ago)

hiiiii :-), love your blog SO much. so informative and fun! regarding your morphie, i have one as well and love it. just wondering, do u keep it in your car and charge it there or charge it at home and always have it in your purse. i know, silly q probably, but just wondering. thanks so much! oh, also, how often do u dry brush? just started doing it after reading your post and love it!

02.04.14 at 10:55 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Tiffne! I’m so flattered you like it : ). I literally have to leave it on my phone 24/7 or it dies! If I want to rock a cute cover I will keep it in my purse & use it when needed : ). Not a weird question! Also, I dry brush before I shower (every time). I LOVE it!! xx.

4. Amanda Elizabeth
    02.05.14 at 4:54 am (6 months ago)

I completely agree! I feel like nobody is perfect no matter how it looks on the outside and instead of being jealous…it pushes me to work even harder. I need one of those Morphies….it’s straight up embarrassing having to travel with my iphone cord everywhere I go!
    Amanda Elizabeth recently posted..Humpday Confessions- A Link UpMy Profile

5. Lisa
    02.05.14 at 7:26 am (6 months ago)

What a great article – very inspirational! I’m all about devoting your energy into positive thoughts and actions, and not wasting it on the negative, non-productive, or even counter-productive stuff. Thanks for spreading the love today :)
    Lisa recently posted..cobb saladMy Profile

6. Charlotte
    02.05.14 at 8:07 am (6 months ago)

I love this! One of my yoga teachers the other day said instead of being jealous we should be happy for others and wish them the best…that way, when they succeed, it’s like we’re succeeding too. If you actively send out good juju to others, you can kind of be a part of the good things that happen to them, since you’re cheering them on! I think this is such a helpful perspective.

P.S. What is on your grapefruit in the brekky pic??

7. Melanie
    02.05.14 at 9:21 am (6 months ago)

I was wondering what your thoughts are on Quest Protein bars(i read your post about protein bars but these are apparently “different”). I always respect your thoughts on these kinds of products and seeing as they are the latest craze in the health food industry i would love to know what your opinion is!

8. Sophie
    02.05.14 at 10:42 am (6 months ago)

Oooooh. I loved that. Thank you!

9. Briana Brachelle
    02.05.14 at 2:41 pm (6 months ago)

Beautifully said! You are one of the most supportive and encouraging friends and there are too many people out there that are the opposite…I hope they just read your post:) Xx BBR

10. Jenni
    02.05.14 at 3:29 pm (6 months ago)

Thank you for sharing this article! I love that you drew attention to the jealousy point. I often get jealous when others succeed. I’m currently trying to get my health blog on its feet, and it isn’t easy! It’s a work in progress right now. Your blog is such an inspiration. Seriously. Love it. Love you. You’re great. Thank you again for sharing this article. Knowing our strengths and weaknesses is an important thing.
    Jenni recently posted..Let’s Talk HydrationMy Profile

02.06.14 at 5:20 pm (6 months ago)

Keep working towards your goal!! Thank you so much for your sweet, kind support too. Good luck on your health blog! I’m sure it will be killer ; ).

02.06.14 at 5:18 pm (6 months ago)

Lovvvve that saying! So true!

11. sherli
    02.05.14 at 6:48 pm (6 months ago)

I love your blog and this post is really simple but I feel the same way with you.

x,
    LovelyCastle

02.06.14 at 5:18 pm (6 months ago)

Thanks babe!!

12. Renee
    02.08.14 at 6:01 pm (6 months ago)

Agreed! There’s so much negativity in the world – especially online! It’s important to not get sucked up in it. Garbage in = garbage out. If you take in the jealous and negative vibes, that is what you’ll put out into the world. Not a good thing.

Awesome post Lauryn! Love <3

13. Stefana
    02.09.14 at 12:00 pm (6 months ago)

Thank you so much for sharing this article. It really hit home for me. I have bookmarked it as a daily affirmation. Thank you for your blog, it is a daily inspiration for me and I admire you so much.

14. Liz Law
    02.25.14 at 1:31 am (5 months ago)

This is very interesting article.
    Thank you share it.