Say Buh-Bye To Nasty-Ass Soda…Homemade 10 Second Sprite!!!

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.Wanna know a secret?

I drink “Sprite” at least five nights a week.

But it’s not real Sprite.

EWWW! Sick! Gag/barf/throw!!!

I mean…let’s get real, I’d rather die than drink Sprite.

J/K…kinda.

Anyway, I’m super excited to share a top-secret recipe ( invented by my friend, Mike ) that I’m literally OBSESSED with:

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.

Can we just talk how amazing this bubbly lil recipe tastes?

Mmmkay, let’s talk about it:

First of all, it’s like ten calories. Zero artifical sugar. Fresh & clean ingreds. The ‘soda’ contains lemon & lime & mint & blackberries. Super clean, right?

Some benefits:

Lemon = helps neutralize free radicals & contains antibacterial properties.

Lime = an excellent weight reducer & benefits the skin.

Mint = a natural stimulate & promotes digestion.

Blackberries = super high in vitamins & antioxidants.

Plus soda water ( note: use a soda water with barely any sodium ) is sooo filling!

FYI: this version ‘Sprite’ happens to be the most refreshing thing, ever.

Don’t believe me?

I’m enjoying a chilled glass ( bible! ) as I write this post.

Oh, & on Fridays, it may or may not taste good with a coupla splashes of vodka.

X L

{ Another yummy light drink recipe can be found here }.

Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.Lauryn Evarts talks fitness, health, and diet.

23 comments on Say Buh-Bye To Nasty-Ass Soda…Homemade 10 Second Sprite!!!

1. Caterina
    01.29.14 at 10:58 pm (11 months ago)

Delish!! Throw some gin in there and you’ve got yourself a gorgeous summer cocktail too :)

• Leeni
      01.30.14 at 7:11 am (11 months ago)

Caterina, I like the way you think!

• Wesha
      01.30.14 at 10:43 am (11 months ago)

brilliant idea!

2. Emma @ Life's A Runner
    01.30.14 at 6:17 am (11 months ago)

This is AMAZING! I love sparkling water, so I don’t know why I’ve never thought to add natural flavours to it. This will definitely be happening in the near future. :)
    Emma @ Life’s A Runner recently posted..A Day in the Life: Post-Exams!My Profile

3. Emma @ Life's A Runner
    01.30.14 at 6:19 am (11 months ago)

This is AMAZING! I love sparkling water, so I don’t know why I’ve never thought to add natural flavours before. This will definitely be happing in the near future. :)

4. Mallory
    01.30.14 at 6:21 am (11 months ago)

Thanks for this! I stopped drinking any kind of coke (or soda) about a year ago (I was a 2 can a day diet coke junkie) but I do splurge once every month or so. Since I don’t drink them very often anymore though, they’ve started tasting pretty chemically, syrupy, sugary, yucky instead of being a “treat” so I’ll have to try this next time I have a craving for one!

5. Megan
    01.30.14 at 3:27 pm (11 months ago)

genius! it probably tastes way better than Sprite too! Also, just wanted to thank you for your egg white french toast recipe. Made it today and it was delish!
    Megan recently posted..the leather pantMy Profile

6. MJ
    01.30.14 at 5:12 pm (11 months ago)

OMG!!! Thank you sooooo much for this recipe. I’m in the middle of ending a very icky love affair with Dt. Coke and this recipe is going to come in handy.

xo,
    MJ
    MJ recently posted..All SmilesMy Profile

7. Laura
    02.03.14 at 11:43 am (11 months ago)

Made this for my friends at my Superbowl party and it was a HUGE hit! We of course added vodka and it was so delish and refreshing! Thanks for posting it.

8. Sara
    02.04.14 at 2:55 pm (11 months ago)

Hi :) I love your photos and presentation – everything is so pretty! I have just started a blog about beautiful healthy food and I would be so incredibly happy if you checked it out ! http://www.mindfulnesseating.com
    xx

02.04.14 at 3:37 pm (11 months ago)

Thanks babe! I def will : ). Congrats! x.

9. Mlvlatina
    08.15.14 at 4:12 pm (4 months ago)

This sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing.

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Say Buh-Bye To Nasty-Ass Soda…Homemade 10 Second Sprite!!!

1. […] A 10 Calorie Homemade Sprite (the skinny confidential): It’s no secret that I love soda, but thankfully I have FINALLY given up the addiction.  Well, I mean, I’ve at least replaced Diet Soda with my beloved Zevia.  However, those can get a little spendy, and it’s still not quite as natural as I’d like.  So, I was super excited when I saw this recipe!  I already have my grocery list all made out and I plan to be sipping sweet healthy Sprite all weekend long. […]

2. […] Homemade Sprite via The Skinny Confidential – Sprite gets a makeover with this recipe made with fresh ingredients and stevia; YUM! […]

3. Mini DeLites says:

[…] I’m in bed with homemade Sprite, a “Housewives” reunion ( team Yolanda ), & […]