Mini DeLites

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ My lil bug in her teepee <3 }

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Using shoes for home decor }
Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Seriously in love with this little black heart dish }

So this weekend I totally realized I’m that person.

You know that person AKA that annoying food snob.

The kinda snob that dies a little inside when around nasty-ass, chemical food/drinks/products.

Like, I’m a pain the ass.

The other day I went to see a friend’s new home & this spilled outta my big-ass mouth as I was leaving:

“Such a cute place! So happy for you! Die over that couch! By the way, those water bottles, ya those ones over there, have BPA in them. Buy new ones. K, love you, ciao!”

This is real life.

That happened.

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Latest obsession: bee pollen }

I’m turning into the person that stands over my friends when they’re cooking…

The one who yells at friend’s for not plugging their nose when they’re pumping gas…

The person that nonchalantly ( but sneakily ) throws away anything her boyfriend’s fridge that’s nasty ( AKA Taco Bell!!! ).

I know. It’s bad. I’m really to be better.

BUT.

Here’s the deal: the more educated on food I become, the crazier I get.

I can’t help.

To all you healthy love bugs out there: how the heck do you control that healthy, little devil inside who can’t shut the F up? ESP around people you care about?

Help please!! SMS!

X L

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Mixing polishes to make new colors }
Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Today’s green lemonade }

Newer comments

43 comments on Mini DeLites

1. Kelsey
    01.27.14 at 11:33 pm (7 months ago)

I think you just love yourself that much more for caring and being educated about the important things, but realize at the same time that that is your individual choice and it comes off as condescending and judgemental when you correct minor details in your loved ones lives.

2. Sofie
    01.28.14 at 1:30 am (7 months ago)

I know it’s hard to not say anything but I try to set an example rather than nagging and making people feel bad. Also when you invite people home for dinner or go around someones house bring some nice healthy goodies. Make them feel inspired to be healthy and take care of themselves :)
    xo
    Sofie recently posted..Monkey behaviourMy Profile

3. Lucy
    01.28.14 at 2:36 am (7 months ago)

Haha this made me laugh :) I’ve been turned into a complete food snob by my boyfriend who’s Italian and a health professional! I used to love the UK’s chain restaurants but now I can just taste chemicals in the sauces :( don’t shut the health bug up, let it speak! Otherwise it will find other ways to come out like birthday presents of approved water bottles :)
    Lucy x
    La Lingua : Food + Life in Milano
    Lucy recently posted..It’s Such a Perfect Weekend, I’m Glad I Spent it With YouMy Profile

01.28.14 at 11:11 am (7 months ago)

Ahhhh! I can taste chemicals too & no one believes me : (. Thanks for the advice, Lucy! xx.
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

4. Mikel
    01.28.14 at 3:38 am (7 months ago)

Hello Doll!

I absolutely feel you on spouting out all sorts of seemingly random tips and information. I’m lucky to have some people in my life that actually enjoy it… They refer to them as my “random tip of the day.”

But I do have people, mainly my family, who don’t appreciate the things that come out of my mouth, good intentions or not. It makes me sad, trust me. But when they think I’m being condescending or judgmental it really only does more harm than good. I’ve learned to be silent with the people who either don’t want to hear it, don’t want to make life style changes, or really, only feel more self conscious when I blurt out things they shouldn’t do or eat.

My silence has paid off though! When they see how healthy and happy you are, when they get fed up with feeling sick, bloated, or lethargic… They’ll ask for advice. And when they ask you they’ll actually listen to what you have to say. NOW, taking the advice you’ve given them (advice they’ve asked for), that’s a whole other monster…

But my advice: just be you. If they don’t appreciate or can’t see that your only concern is for their well being , then maybe they aren’t true friends. With love you’ve gotta take the good as well as the bad.

01.28.14 at 11:39 am (7 months ago)

GREAT advice! Thank you Mikel : )!

5. Sarah
    01.28.14 at 5:17 am (7 months ago)

Hey
    I’m new to your site and seriously enjoying having a browse! Quick question though: you say that you’re getting more educated on food, do you have an books/ websites to help with this? I’m so over diets but healthy eating is a total minefield!
    Thanks x

01.28.14 at 11:13 am (7 months ago)

Hi babe! I love the Beauty Detox books by Kimberly Snyder! She’s amazing : ).
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

6. Sarah
    01.28.14 at 5:18 am (7 months ago)

Hey
    Thanks x

01.28.14 at 11:22 am (7 months ago)

I would def start with a documentary on food. Maybe Food Inc.? Information is everything! xx.
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

7. Christine
    01.28.14 at 6:04 am (7 months ago)

hahaha i am the EXACT same way! lol help!

8. Marina
    01.28.14 at 6:06 am (7 months ago)

Hi Lauryn!

In the black dish- what are the supplements/vitamins you are taking!?

9. Lisa
    01.28.14 at 6:34 am (7 months ago)

TOTALLY know what you’re talking about. I recently read Rich Food, Poor Food, which is really enlightening about a lot of misleading “food” claims, what to shop, and what to avoid. After reading, I wanted to purge half of my kitchen!! I think the same way now when I grocery shop with others and visit their kitchens. I’m torn between helping/being a nuisance, or not saying anything at all! Esp. in regards to the boyfriend – because he’s the one I care about the most. >> I think it’s about helping where you think it would be appreciated, and backing off when you think you’re being too much. Still working it out…
    Lisa recently posted..blueberry muffinsMy Profile

01.28.14 at 11:49 am (7 months ago)

Ahhh; sounds liked you’re in my exact situation. I’m so annoying to my boyfriend. Everything he eats, he gets a bad look. LOL.
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

10. Charlotte
    01.28.14 at 7:44 am (7 months ago)

Pssh, why try to control it?? Everyone should just be thanking you. ;)

11. Reyna
    01.28.14 at 7:57 am (7 months ago)

My uncle is a chef and Omg. Such a food snob! To everything – whether it’s healthy or not – if it’s not made to perfection it’s not perfect! His wife stopped cooking because he drives her crazy! It drives me crazy! Haha, I think that it’s ok to a certain level – encouraging and reminding others to eat healthier and giving them knowledge about things like BPA (which I do all too often) can’t hurt anyone! Also – love the Teepee. So cute!

12. Alexandra Steinmetz
    01.28.14 at 7:58 am (7 months ago)

I’m that person too! I find it so hard to not say something, which is terrible!!!

Speaking of saying something (hello segue) I noticed that you have a reed diffuser in one of your pictures. I recently read a really scary article about reed diffusers causing chemical burns on pets! Here’s a bit more info on people’s experience with it: http://www.i-love-dogs.com/forums/dog-chat/36972-reed-diffuser.html

Sorry to be “that person,” but having pets at home myself, I’m always hyper aware!
    Alexandra Steinmetz recently posted..Strawberry Champagne CupcakesMy Profile

13. Stephanie
    01.28.14 at 8:04 am (7 months ago)

I totally feel the same way when I am around my friends and family. Constantly judging what they eat and giving them little tid bits about how shitty their food really is. They probably deep down really hate me but who cares I am only trying to help them out. Their unhealthy habits will catch up to them quickly and when they come looking to me for help I will be like “BITCH…Should have listened to me the first time”
    All in all I appreciate that you are proud to say that you are “That’s Person” because I am the same way.

14. Krissy
    01.28.14 at 9:41 am (7 months ago)

I feel you! My boyfriend is sooooo tired of hearing about all of things he shouldn’t eat! But once you know, you can’t help it! What restaurants do you like in San Diego? I feel like it’s hard to find healthy spots!

15. Whitney
    01.28.14 at 10:37 am (7 months ago)

As I find myeslf on Whole30 Day 24, I have noticed I’m a bit of a food snob too! For instance, when a friend at work was raving about her fresh, whole wheat bread with sun dried tomatoes and a bunch of other stuff, my ears stopped listening after whole wheat! All I could think about was gluten and wheat and inflamed insides. Oh well…
    Whitney recently posted..Horseback Riding Lesson (thanks Groupon)My Profile

16. Tory @ toryofmylife
    01.28.14 at 10:44 am (7 months ago)

I’m a dietitian so there are plenty of occasions where I want to yell “WHY ARE YOU EATING THAT?” But I’ve learned over the years never to give advice unless asked for it, it just makes things uncomfortable. I’m lucky that I get to lead nutrition groups so I can bombard people with info there making it easier to bite my tounge in real life.

17. Jenni
    01.28.14 at 12:00 pm (7 months ago)

You just need to realize that it’s what you do MOST of the time that makes a difference, not what you do a little bit of the time. I’m a super food snob, but I just had a life-threatening experience with an infection that started with a stupid little blister that a new pair of Nikes gave me. (Actually just wrote a blog post on this!) So it just goes to show that healthy eating is not everything. It’s not the cure-all. It’s an amazing thing to care about, but sometimes relaxing a bit is even healthier for us. I’m a little bit of a hypocrite, considering I had my mom running around to all my favorite organic restaurants, bringing me back meals because I wouldn’t touch hospital food, but still! Haha. I know exactly where you’re coming from, but like I was saying, moderation is key. If you’re healthy 90% of the time, that lithe 10% isn’t going to hurt you. :)
    Jenni recently posted..If You’re Alive, Read ThisMy Profile

01.28.14 at 12:17 pm (7 months ago)

Love this! Thanks Jenni : ). Feel better! xx.

18. Jordan
    01.28.14 at 12:24 pm (7 months ago)

Ohhmyyygawd. This post seriously struck a chord. After a couple years of researching, reading, and binge-watching Netflix documentaries, it’s so hard for me to shut my mouth too!! Like when a friend says “I’m eating healthier. Just bought this Naked juice.” I struggle not to scream “BARF!”

I totally get it and LOL’d hardcore.

01.28.14 at 2:51 pm (7 months ago)

OMG. Naked Juice makes me want to rip my skin off.

Newer comments