Breakfast for Din: Skinny-Ass French Toast

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.

Welp, just a few things—

Number one: ummm, hi 225 calories French toast.

Number two: this French toast that consists of barely anything. I mean…two pieces of toast ( sprouted // low carb // low cal, for that matter ), one egg, a couple berries, a squeeze of lemon, & some cinnamon?

I’m in.

& not so oddly enough, tonight I was craving breakfast for dinner.

So sue me.
Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.This recipe just ‘gets me.’

It’s kinda carby-but-not-too-carby.

Ya, exactly— perfection.

Which brings me to number 3: if you’re looking for directions, they’re pretty damn easy:

Toast two pieces of super low carb/low cal bread ( make sure it’s sprouted, peeps ), whisk an egg ( << add to a dinner plate ), & mash your favorite berries with a fork ( remember my five second jam recipe? ).

After the above, keep it simple, stupid: soak both sides of toast with your super cool egg goo, add slices to a medium heat skillet, & cook until bubbly at the top ( flip once ). Whip up some 35 cal per slice organic turkey bacon & you’re golden. Add to a pretty plate & shock the F outta your taste buds. #kthx.

& lemme just say, you’ll love me for this one.

Fingers crossed.

x L

{{ Another version skinny French toast can be found here, woot woot }}.

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.

12 comments on Breakfast for Din: Skinny-Ass French Toast

1. Liz S.
    01.14.14 at 10:16 pm (6 months ago)

PERFECT French toast – delicious and healthy.

2. Lisa
    01.15.14 at 4:53 am (6 months ago)

omg. LOVE french toast for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Excited to try this version! Definitely going to try this ‘quick jam’ thing, too. Am I the only one who thinks most jams are WAY too sweet…?

Could you do a post on breads? The details on sprouted and non-sprouted, what to look for and what to avoid, etc.?
    Lisa recently posted..spring green smoothieMy Profile

3. Kaelene @ UnlockingKiki
    01.15.14 at 5:13 am (6 months ago)

I love having breakfast for dinner, or any meal of the day for that matter. My favorite is the one banana one/two egg pancake, so delicious and low cal whats not to love!
    Kaelene @ UnlockingKiki recently posted..First Date With IcelandMy Profile

4. Karen @ KAMA FITNESS
    01.15.14 at 5:29 am (6 months ago)

This calls for some Ezekiel! Like, the best sprouted bread evah! + it’s filled with a ton of nutirents!!
    Also, I don’t think it’s odd to have breaky for dinner – I do it all the time! Better to have the carbs in the eve! ;)
    Karen @ KAMA FITNESS recently posted..TABATA { THE BEST WAY TO KICK FAT’S ASS }My Profile

01.15.14 at 7:12 pm (6 months ago)

It’s my favorite!! : ) The mashed raspberries are sooo yum.

5. Sara
    01.18.14 at 6:03 pm (6 months ago)

Sounds so good ! I absolutely love your blog – beautiful photos and amazing tips and ideas. Would love it if were to check out my brand new blog – http://mindfulnesseating.com/ – my idea is to highlight the beauty and nourishing qualities of the food we eat :)
    Sara recently posted..Flourless Ricotta PancakesMy Profile