Mini DeLites

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Today’s refresher }
Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Fresh tortilla soup…sprinkled with my favorite herb }

OMFG.

Can we just talk about True Food Kitchen?

I went there today during for a lunch break ( yes, I peeled myself away the computer, which is like, almost impossible ).

So.

True Food Kitchen.

Immediately I see they’re growing fresh herbs outside the restaurant, there’s a line out the door, & the atmosphere screams ‘CLEAN EATS.’ Think lots of veggies, fresh pressed juice, chia seeds, herbs, &/or no sick-o, sugary-filled condiments.

Basically the menu’s simple & all organic, sustainable, fresh foods.

We ordered juices & the fresh tortilla soup to split & then I choose the quinoa burger as an entree.

YUM.

I’m a big open-facer so it was a great choice.

WTF’s a ‘big open-facer?’

Welp, I like my sandwiches open-faced.

Because a PB & J sandie is way better open-faced, FYI.

So naturally, the quinoa burger ( but open-faced ) was a win.

Anyway, point: if you’re ever in San Diego, make sure True Food Kitchen in Fashion Valley is on your itinerary.

& BTW: no one’s paying me to say this; I just really think this place is the shit.

Find the menu here & thank me later.

Sooooo good it hurts.

Happy Monday, X L

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Finally making use of Michael’s sweet Christmas gift }

Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Chic, pretty candles }
Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ A homemade chocolate molten cake }
Lauryn Evarts talks diet, fitness, fashion, & health.{ Playing around with the cam w/ JNB ( flannel here ) }

18 comments on Mini DeLites

1. Lisa @ The Skinny on Health
    01.13.14 at 10:29 pm (9 months ago)

I LOVE True Food Kitchen. Their brunch menu and farm chopped salad are just amazing. ahhhh-mazing.

And open-faced PB&Js are my ultimate comfort food!! Sooo much better than a regular PB&J.

xx
    Lisa
    Lisa @ The Skinny on Health recently posted..Fit Tip Tuesday Link Up #1!My Profile

2. Lisa
    01.14.14 at 6:38 am (9 months ago)

That place sounds amazing. I wish there were more places like that where I live! Local, fresh, healthy places with REAL ingredients and REAL food are where it’s at!!
    Lisa recently posted..broccoli cheddar soupMy Profile

3. Jessica
    01.14.14 at 7:34 am (9 months ago)

True Food Kitchen is absolutely the best!! They have these in Phoenix and Scottsdale too… Just an FYI if you are ever traveling here :)

4. Sarah
    01.14.14 at 8:58 am (9 months ago)

I used to work at a TFK in Arizona. The entire menu and concept is based on Dr. Weil’s anti inflammatory diet book, True Food, I highly recommend it! And my top menu pick is the crudité bowl– so good!

5. leslie
    01.14.14 at 9:01 am (9 months ago)

there is one in dallas too! glad to know cali is making its way to texas :)

6. Tris
    01.14.14 at 9:39 am (9 months ago)

I wish I had more places like this in my area, there’s literally nothing similar in Miami!

Anyway, not sure if you’ve already done this but could you do a guide on clean eating? Specifically, what you eat/don’t eat?

XX,

Tris

01.14.14 at 9:56 am (9 months ago)

I am working on a project now : )– it will include a daily eating plan! Is that what you’re looking for babe? x.

01.14.14 at 10:00 am (9 months ago)

I am working on a project now : ). It will include a daily eating plan! Is that what you’re looking for babe? x.

• Tris
      01.14.14 at 10:05 am (9 months ago)

Yes! That’s perfect!

7. Tris
    01.14.14 at 11:02 am (9 months ago)

Yes, that’s exactly it! Love your blog so much :)

8. Hayley@healthyregards
    01.14.14 at 6:39 pm (9 months ago)

Was that your first time at true food?! It is my absolute favorite restaurant. Brunch, lunch, dinner, drinks… everything is wonderful! Their breakfast= I die… and they have a great cookbook (: Basically I am a true food lover.
    Hayley@healthyregards recently posted..Random musings, life lately and picturesMy Profile

9. Christine
    01.14.14 at 6:48 pm (9 months ago)

Wish this place was closer!! It sounds delicious :) I love me some quinoa

10. Jenni
    01.15.14 at 7:41 pm (9 months ago)

Haha, I used to be a hostess at the Santa Monica location, and ate TFK every single day. I went through a lot of kale!
    Jenni recently posted..Five-Ingredient Raw Coconut CookiesMy Profile