Mulled Red Wine: Keeping it Cozy During the Holiday Season

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness for weight loss.

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness for weight loss.

First things first.

Can we talk about my new plaid mugs? OMFG, right?!

And only two are shown…you should see the other two.

I’m super into plaid, plaid, plaid & more plaid, so these babies will also be used year-round.

Oh, & filling them with warm red mulled wine def makes them 10 x cuter.

Yes. Warmed. Red. Mulled. Wine.

So good. So different. So easy.

It takes a minute to make & it’s only four ingredients.

Plus it provides a nice lil’ buzz.

‘Tis the season, right? ; )

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness for weight loss.

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness for weight loss.

+ Mulled Red Wine Ingreds:

<< 1 bottle of red wine

<< A handful of whole cloves

<< A couple of cinnamon sticks

<< Zest of an organic orange

+ Directions: simmer all ingredients over low-medium heat for ten minutes. Strain & pour into mugs. Garnish with the zest of an orange. Mandatory: drink in front of a fire. K?

Woo-hoo.

The perf at home cocktail.

Mulled red wine + Real Housewives + a blazing fire= these are a few of my favorite things.

Cheers!

xx.Lauryn

{ source }

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness for weight loss.

Mulled Red Wine: Keeping it Cozy During the Holiday Season

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness.

16 comments on Mulled Red Wine: Keeping it Cozy During the Holiday Season

1. Sofie
    12.13.13 at 12:52 am (10 months ago)

Love mulled wine or even better the Swedish version “Glögg”, we add raisins and almonds which get moist and lovely. Mmm bliss!
    Sofie recently posted..Workout with a viewMy Profile

• Rachel Bode
      12.13.13 at 2:12 pm (10 months ago)

Rachel bode loves this

2. Ashley
    12.13.13 at 5:18 am (10 months ago)

The whole combination (mulled wine+RHOBH+fire) sounds Ahhhmazing. Thanks for sharing, this is a must-do!

3. Lisa
    12.13.13 at 6:21 am (10 months ago)

LOVE mulled wine! The perfect way to warm up during winter :) Thanks for the recipe!
    Lisa recently posted..cranberry sauceMy Profile

4. Anna @ Fitness à la Anna
    12.13.13 at 9:48 am (10 months ago)

Mulled wine is my fav! I am planning on making it this weekend for my annual roommate holiday dinner extravaganza :)
    Anna @ Fitness à la Anna recently posted..RandomMy Profile

5. Ewelina
    12.14.13 at 6:44 am (10 months ago)

I add a little Brandy to mine, it’s delicious!

6. Clarinda @ Enjoying the Course
    12.14.13 at 5:34 pm (10 months ago)

Those mugs are SUPER cute!! I’m not much of a wine drinker, but I do love cinnamon and cloves, so this does sound good. :) Too bad I don’t have a fireplace. ;)
    Clarinda @ Enjoying the Course recently posted..What’s Next?My Profile

7. Renee
    12.16.13 at 4:19 pm (10 months ago)

YUM. So cozy. I’m getting all warm inside just thinking about it and looking at your super cute mugs! Haha. Pinot noir is my go-to red too. Occas I like a good cab-sav. Red wine in general just = love.
    Renee recently posted..First Week of FOCUS T25: Done!My Profile

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Mulled Red Wine: Keeping it Cozy During the Holiday Season

1. [...] Because normally I’m Jingle All the Way. [...]

2. [...] Tonight’s itnerary: warm cinnamon mulled wine + sooo much wrapping [...]