I Mean, REALLY? Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Does It Again

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness for weight loss.Is it just me or does depression sink in during this time of year?

I’m not talking the holiday season, I’m talking the other time of year, the ( duh ) Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show time of year.

I kid, I kid.

But honestly— I mean…their bodies!!! Holy-perfect-thin-lean-long-abs-with-longest-legs-and-arms-ever.

Sigh.

Whatever, I guess it’s motivation, right?! I’ll be passing on the Christmas pudding & going extra hard in the gym tomorrow. Ya in?

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness for weight loss.

On that note, here’s ten things you didn’t know about the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show:

1.} Five hundred Suja Juices will be on-hand backstage for the Angel’s to drink ( << told ya. Suja is the bomb.com ).

2.} The average Angel height is five feet ten inches tall!! Wowza!

3.} The Victoria’s Secret Angels will walk on a hundred feet of glittery runway ( Boo! I wanna walk on glitter! ).

4.} The pre-show, silk kimono robe that the girls wear can be purchased here ( << NEED !! ).

5.} Model, Elsa Hosk says she eats eight eggs for breakfast, everyday, two weeks before the show ( Yum. I LOVE eggs ).

6.} I’ll actually be walking the runway. Look for me after Adrianna Lima. JOKE. JK. LOLZ.

7.} More than a hundred and eighty five COUNTRIES will tune-in to watch this year’s show. Cray, cray.

8.} The models credit boxing, barre classes, jumping rope, yoga, & the Pilates Reformer ( << my favorite ) for their pre-show workout.

9.} There will be 120 applications of Victoria’s Secret VS Makeup ‘Volume Lift Mascara’ and 80 applications of VS MAKEUP Shine Drama Lip Gloss.

10.} Alessandra Ambrosio’s pre-show plan: “I try to get my mind into it and I work out as much as I can. I also try to hit the gym, and a little tan from the California sunshine always helps! I will lay by the pool and get a healthy tan. I’ll also be eating healthy and I’ll watch what I’m eating. I’ll eat salads and greens and juices; I love green juices. I will cut down on cakes and all that other bad stuff.”

Ok, um, welpppp…

Tonight you’ll find me eating air, sipping on water, & running in place.

JK.

I’m actually eating a sweet potato & salad with a glass of red wine on couch.

So sue me.

xx.L

P.S. a post on ‘how to look like VS Angel’ can be found here. Also, more posts on VS: here / herehere.

P.S.S. an extra fun fact: British beauty Jourdan Dunn told us: “I don’t really do anything [ to prepare ], I’m really bad, I’m probably the worst. Cara [ Delevingne ] and I do nothing. We were saying maybe we should sneak in some McDonald’s and KFC and eat it front of the girl’s—but then we thought they might come after us or something.”

Man, oh, man, how I love her humor. <3.

{ source | source }

19 comments on I Mean, REALLY? Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Does It Again

1. Tiffne
    12.10.13 at 8:57 pm (8 months ago)

haha love your humor and your posts! thanks so much for your blog!

2. Jackie
    12.10.13 at 9:14 pm (8 months ago)

You’re hilarious. PERIOD.

3. Janelle
    12.10.13 at 9:24 pm (8 months ago)

I work at Victoria’s Secret and I love this time of year! Feels great to be a part of brand like it! And try having to look at the models EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. haha

12.11.13 at 12:15 am (8 months ago)

Gurrrrll, I’m sure you’re good ; ). Stay positive!! xx.

4. Sofie
    12.11.13 at 3:32 am (8 months ago)

8 eggs for breakfast! Goodness gracious. Wonder if the same technique will work for a fellow Swede.. Doubt it.. Also nowhere close to five feet ten inches.. Oh well ;) x
    Sofie recently posted..Beautiful Back ChallengeMy Profile

5. Alisia
    12.11.13 at 6:36 am (8 months ago)

Totally love this post! And last night I was definitely doing sit ups and push ups after the show haha next Victoria Secret show here I come….not.

6. Becky Hillyard
    12.11.13 at 6:46 am (8 months ago)

Ummm yeah depression did set in. I asked myself why do they choose to air this in between two of our biggest holidays where eating is the main focus!? AND…where most parts of the country is freezing which means.. I am pale. After the show I went straight to the spray tan booth! Start with a tan to boost my spirits;) Extra tough workout today!

Great share babe!

xx,
    B
    Becky Hillyard recently posted..Winter Coat ClassicMy Profile

7. Lisa
    12.11.13 at 7:49 am (8 months ago)

Talk about ultimate fitspiration, right? My green smoothie never tastes better after the fashion show rolls around :)
    Lisa recently posted..ultimate cinnamon rollsMy Profile

12.11.13 at 12:22 pm (8 months ago)

Agreed; I’m drinking a kale, spinach, chard, lettuce smoothie, everyday, all week!! Lol.

8. Angela
    12.11.13 at 11:40 am (8 months ago)

I love the humor here but after knowing what these women go through to be “runway ready” I’m good. I may not be VS model or Adam Levine flavor of the month fit but I look pretty damn good. And I like cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies.

12.11.13 at 12:20 pm (8 months ago)

Lol! Adam Levine’s flavor of the month— I love your humor! xx.

9. Renee
    12.11.13 at 2:26 pm (8 months ago)

LOVE the VS fashion show. My BF and I watch it every year- we’re both pretty obsessed. Him for the obvious reasons haha.

Question for you Lauryn! How do you get the cute little thumbnail slideshows/gallery at the end of your posts? I’ve looked everywhere for plugins/widgets that create those, but with no luck!
    Renee recently posted..Get Your Booty Burning! Track and Field CircuitMy Profile

10. Lisa
    12.13.13 at 3:21 am (8 months ago)

Is your book going to be available on the Amazon UK site to Kindle users?

Love you blog, by the way!!
    Lisa recently posted..Soooooo smooooothieMy Profile

11. Danielle
    12.23.13 at 10:30 am (7 months ago)

Love your blog! You’re HILARIOUS, and yeah, I was right there with you running in place (actually stationary biking) and eating air. Those girls were looking fierce!
    Danielle recently posted..Lightened-Up Mexican PizzaMy Profile

12. Rainy
    01.21.14 at 12:04 pm (6 months ago)

Boxing? I guess boxing burns lots of calories, but could you imagine if they let them spar with a partner and a runway model got a black eye right before a fashion show. hahaha
    Rainy recently posted..How to Buy the Best Silk Robes OnlineMy Profile