Sooo Good it Hurts!!! Bomb-Ass Cinnamon/Cider Brussels Sprouts

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness on Thanksgiving.

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.Yesterday I had a pre-Thanksgivs meltdown.

Well, not really, but kinda.

I wanted to post the PERFECT Skinny Confidential recipe for you guys.

But I didn’t want to make skinny stuffing or nasty gravy ( sorry, not a fan ).

So alllllll day long I was OCD-ing on WTF to post {?!?!}.

At around 6 pm I decided to text my über-healthy friend, Carly.

And obviously she had the best recipe ever. Because, duh.

I mean, seriously— cinnamon/cider Brussels sprouts?

Heaven.

The easiest directions ever ( makes four servings ): in a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook Brusssels sprouts ( cut side down ), flipping once until browned for ten to twelve minutes. Add apple & pear; cook until soft for five minutes. Add cider & cinnamon; simmer, stirring, until all liquid cooks away.

Oh, & NBD: a serving offers about 3/4 of your daily need for Vitamin C.

I made these today & will def be whipping ‘um up tomorrow for TG.

So good it hurts.

Happy Thanksgiving-eve!

X.Lauryn

Brussels-final-product

20 comments on Sooo Good it Hurts!!! Bomb-Ass Cinnamon/Cider Brussels Sprouts

1. Sam
    11.27.13 at 7:03 pm (10 months ago)

So yummy looking! I can’t wait to introduce my family to these edibles :)

2. Erin Lane
    11.27.13 at 7:36 pm (10 months ago)

HOLY COW!! These sound INSANE. I’m literally fully addicted to brussel sprouts (weird? I dunno…my favorite food is kale. I’m a freak.) but I usually just toss them in the oven with some sea salt and olive oil. I’m a nut for sweet/savory combos and this is right up my alley…especially for my pescatarian/dairy free/gluten free/soy free contributions to my fiance’s fam’s T-giving tomorrow :)
    Erin Lane recently posted..The Easiest, Skinniest, Healthy Persimmon Pumpkin PieMy Profile

3. zozo
    11.27.13 at 7:49 pm (10 months ago)

Love this! Brussels sprouts always have kind of a sweet taste to them when they caramelized anyway
    zozo recently posted..Thai Coconut SoupMy Profile

4. Helen
    11.27.13 at 7:53 pm (10 months ago)

Brussels Sprouts are a natural relaxant! Really sounds good!

5. GiGi Eats Celebrities
    11.27.13 at 9:36 pm (10 months ago)

I am all about the Brussels Sprouts – I am in charge of that dish tomorrow, LOTS of garlic and olive oil will be there – My sprouts will be taking an olive oil bath!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..A Thanksgiving TaleMy Profile

6. Liz S.
    11.27.13 at 9:53 pm (10 months ago)

This IS the perfect recipe! LOVE brussels sprouts.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7. lotte
    11.28.13 at 12:31 am (10 months ago)

they looks so delicious and healthy as well! ♡

8. Alison
    11.28.13 at 5:10 am (10 months ago)

I love brussels sprouts & this recipe sounds delicious!!!!!
    x

9. Christina Maj
    11.29.13 at 5:35 am (10 months ago)

Looks delicious. Have to try it :)

I have always been wondering how you edit your pictures?

10. brita
    11.29.13 at 10:53 am (10 months ago)

omg. These look amazing. I’ve been on a huge brussels sprouts kick lately but have mostly just been cooking them with a little garlic and spice. I will certainly be trying this recipe soon. thanks!

11. Dr Bruce White PhD
    12.02.13 at 2:13 am (10 months ago)

Vegetables such as sprouts were a big part of my Diet that busted my bad cholesterol. It’s great to see another exciting vege recipe!

12. Jennifer
    12.02.13 at 1:24 pm (10 months ago)

Bomb-Ass indeed! I will definitely be re-posting this on jenniferbarthole.com..love!! xx

13. Lisa
    12.03.13 at 8:47 am (10 months ago)

These look delish, Lauryn!! Definitely always trying to sneak in more veggies – thanks for the inspiration!
    Lisa recently posted..jarlsberg cheese dipMy Profile

14. Tahnee
    12.05.13 at 6:21 pm (10 months ago)

Amazing recipe!! Just because its Christmas time doesn’t mean we have to eat sloppy!! I am a healthy lifestyle coordinator and I have just kick started my Health Kick December Campaign!! I have just posted my Healthy Isagenix Brownie recipe!! Come stop by and have a look!!

xx
    Tahnee recently posted..HEALTH KICK DECEMBERMy Profile

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Sooo Good it Hurts!!! Bomb-Ass Cinnamon/Cider Brussels Sprouts

1. [...] did my cooking early in the morning ( I made these Brussels & this skinny pumpkin roll x 2 ) so I could relax instead of running around like a [...]

2. [...] dessert! Tuesday: taco Tuesday with lots of bell peppers! Wednesday: kiwi green smoothie! Thursday: this amazing brussels sprouts recipe to get you in the spirit! Friday: guava juice with every meal (aloooha)! Saturday: a big grapefruit [...]

3. [...] original recipe is from The Skinny Confidential, but I tweaked it a bit and added my own [...]