Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Step the F Out of Your Comfort Zone

October 24, 2013
by
LAURYN

Not to get too cheese, but…

Don’t get too comfy.

If you get too comfortable in a relationship, the passion will dwindle.

If you get too comfortable on the couch, you’ll turn in to a fat, lazy turd.

If you get too comfortable in a shitty job, you’ll be F-ing miserable.

And whelp, if you get too comfy in general, you’re not living up to your full potential.

So. Step out of your comfort zone more often.

I’m not talking about hanging out with people who you don’t want to be around or going on a date with someone who’s not so not your type.

Those are ‘thanks but no thanks situations’ ( more on the power of no here ).

Anyway, all I’m saying is this:

Adding a little romance to a relationship never hurt anyone- do something different every so often. Maybe plan a couple’s massage or practice hot yoga by candlelight together.

If you run everyday of the week because you hate lifting weights, then start mixing Pilates to your workout routine. That way it shocks body so it doesn’t plateau. I recently did this with incorporating running into my workout & it’s been a game changer.

Exploring other job options by spending a weekend focusing on changing a negative work environment is much better than sitting on your ass complaining about it.

Routine is boring.

Routine is regressive.

As Henri de Lubac said: “habit and routine have an unbelievable power to waste and destroy.”

So. Don’t get too comfy on the couch. Start venturing outside of your comfort zone— & see what happens ; ).

xx.L

MORE LIKE THIS, YES PLZ

22 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Michele

I love you blog posts- they are literally so applicable to my life! You’re inspirational, a great blogger, and always offer wonderful advice- I look forward to your new posts everyday! Keep it up!! :)

2. Rachel @ Betty LIVIN

I was just thinking how restless I am because I’ve been stuck in the same routine for too long. Summer is filled with camping and softball, winter with snowboarding and cross country skiing, but fall is so blah! Any tips for how to shake things up when you live in a tiny town (I’m taking 1800)?

3. Discovering Running

Amen!
    As much as I love running, now that my training is over I am so excited to tone down the miles and switch up my routines! I have already tried out a ton of new pilates, yoga, and aerobics classes these past few weeks – including a trampoline class. It is so unlike me to attend a brand new fitness class at a foreign gym alone but I have amazed myself and absolutely love it! And loving the results already.
    I wrote a blog post about my thoughts on the trampoline class, if anyone is interested 😉
    Discovering Running recently posted..Wednesday Workout: Toning on a TrampolineMy Profile

4. Lisa

Gosh. I needed this – I’ve been in such a workout rut, and I’ve totally plateau’d. I need to suck it up and throw in some intense cardio and HIIT training, but haven’t gotten around to it because I’ve been so consumed with weight training lately. Thanks for the motivation, Lauryn!
    Lisa recently posted..mixed greens salad with quinoa and pomegranateMy Profile

5. Karen @ KAMA FITNESS

I love routine, but my view is much different. I see my routine as ways I improve myself. I am in a routine of eating healthy, preparing & planning meals also, a routine of exericse, where I consistently change up my routines & adventure new styles of exericse. My routine is what keeps my lifestyle healthy otherwise, I wouldn’t have a routine so I’d end up with a couch pouch.
    Karen @ KAMA FITNESS recently posted..Fitness Mistake #10 – Ignoring Heavy Weighted SquatsMy Profile

6. Melanie H.

Wow, I really needed to read this today. I’m in a figuring-shit-out-after-graduating-while-being-broke routine, and I needed a kick in the rear to get up and make a change. Thank you for being so inspiring!

Keep on keepin’ on!

7. Pingback: HUSTLE.

8. Name*

Seriously, I truly needed to read that today. I’m in a figuring-shit-out-after-graduating-while-being-broke program, and My spouse and i desired some sort of kick in the trunk to have upwards and create a modify. Thanks a lot for being so electrifying!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *