WTF is in My Laundry Room?

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Hi.

You guys have asked me this question. A lot.

It’s kinda funny/odd, but at the same time it’s something that I take seriously.

I mean, Pixy doesn’t need to be smelling those nasty-ass, Tide chemicals through her perfect nose.

Plus I don’t want sickie shit on my clothes/sheets/pillow cases.

So buh-bye, Tide.

Hello, Mrs. Meyer’s.

First things first: this isn’t a sponsored post ( I’m sure you’ve noticed I’m not too into those- they’re fake, cheesy, & boring ). I really genuinely love & use product by Mrs. Meyer’s.

Mrs. Meyer’s contain “plant derived essential oils that are powerful against daily dirt and grime, but leave your house smelling like a garden, not harsh chemicals.”

Oh, & after a year of using them: they work. Just as good as any other sick-o brand.

Ya, I know what you’re thinking— “boo, they’re too expensive!” ( whine, sigh, whine again ).

Welp, here’s the cold hard facts: laundry products are what you wear. Day after day. They’re on your kids at home & school. Where you sleep. And for F’s sake, around WHERE YOU EAT.

(( Think about that next time you throw on a warm, freshly washed by Tide sweater & slurp down some soup while drinking a glass of water— those chemicals are everywhere! )).

Look, I’m not one of those psychos who won’t eat/touch/drink anything with chemicals. But if I’m educated & I can avoid them, then I will.

Thoughts? Am I crazy? Probs. W/ev.

Ok, rant over.

Happy Tuesday! x.Lauryn

P.S. I’m OBSESSED with their lemon hand soap. It’s by every sink ; ).

{ More ‘WTF is in My’ posts: 1, 2, 3, & 4 }.

11 comments on WTF is in My Laundry Room?

1. Jenni
    10.15.13 at 8:12 pm (12 months ago)

I’m in love with their hand soaps. Whenever people use my bathroom, they always come out telling me how good my soap smells!
    Jenni recently posted..Bee PollenMy Profile

2. Kristina
    10.15.13 at 10:40 pm (12 months ago)

Use dryer balls there about 10 dollars and are amazing!

3. Lisa
    10.16.13 at 4:52 am (12 months ago)

I’ll need to check these out. I’ll admit – I’m a devoted Tide fan, but I’m always looking to cut out chemicals wherever possible. They creep me out! I’ve seen this brand all over and have always been a bit curious. The lemon scent looks great!
    Lisa recently posted..pumpkin oatmealMy Profile

4. Ali @ Inspiralized
    10.16.13 at 5:44 am (12 months ago)

I only use Meyers – they make so many great products! I love the basil scent… I have three different scents… 1 for my kitchen, 1 for my bedroom bathroom and 1 for the guest bathroom.. all for different occasions. LOVE!
    Ali @ Inspiralized recently posted..How to Make a Wooden Photo BackdropMy Profile

5. Emily
    10.16.13 at 9:48 am (12 months ago)

Love this post! Have you checked out Jessica Alba’s company @ honest.com? She has amazing all natural cleaning/laundry/lifestyle products — plus you can “bundle” them together monthly and save $$$. I’m obsessed!

6. Shanen
    10.16.13 at 1:00 pm (12 months ago)

I loved Mrs. Meyers until I started reading up on parabens… The real bummer is that their hand soaps are full of 2 different types of parabens – which have links to breast cancer! I stick with Honest products, but that’s my personal preference! =)

7. Jackie
    10.16.13 at 4:28 pm (12 months ago)

I use Seventh Generation right now. BUT I may have to check out Meyer;s
    Jackie recently posted..I’m Back…SortaMy Profile

8. Kaleigh
    10.16.13 at 6:15 pm (12 months ago)

I have been looking for a new laundry detergent! Perfect timing for me to read this post. I feel like cheap laundry detergents leave a cheap smell and I feel like everyone around thinks you smell nasty. Thank you for the advice! I am going to try this!

9. Chrissy
    10.29.13 at 1:48 pm (11 months ago)

I actually started making my own (I’m a closet hippie!) using baking soda, salt, castille soap and water- and it works just as well as the Tide I fought to give up. Even on gym clothes! Rant seconded!
    Chrissy recently posted..Doing SOMETHING is Better than Doing NOTHING!My Profile