Quick, easy quinoa recipe

Easy-Ass, Not So Pretty, Vegan Quinoa Salad

October 10, 2013
by
LAURYN

This recipe rocks my world.

I have literally made this quinoa salad five times a week for linner ( linner= lunch + dinner combined ) for the past month.

Back story: one random Monday I had no greens in the fridge…but was desperately craving a salad.

I decided to make my usual daily snack: I threw avocado into a bowl & added Himalayan pink crystal salt + Meyer lemon juice.

Suddenly I had the bright idea to add vegan quinoa, some leftover pomegranate seeds, & a spoonful of hummus.

All was amaze…but it needed spice.

Cue the chili flakes.

It was so yummmm, guys. Like, so, so party-in-my-mouth-yum. I’ve been OMG-ing ever since the first bite.

And honestly, this salad is super F-ing ugly to look at, but I don’t care- it’s addictive.

Warning: once you try this, prepare to fall in love…it’s that good.

xx.Lauryn

{{ For a low-cal dressing option, click here }}.

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.Quick, easy quinoa recipe

MORE LIKE THIS, YES PLZ
view TSC posts

26 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Lisa

Looks delicious!! I just bought a pomegranate this week; planning to throw it on some mixed baby greens and quinoa (inspired by one of your previous posts!) Love such a simple dressing idea like lemon, pink salt, and chili flakes.

Definitely going to try this – thanks!!
    Lisa recently posted..tzatziki sauce + pita crispsMy Profile

2. Erin Lane

OMGGG the. pomegranate. seeds.

Genius.

This is so right on for my broke-and-busy-twenty-something-pescatarian attempting to eat healthy current state of life. Love love love, as usual.

3. Lydia

LOVE this! I love quinoa but is there really a “vegan” quinoa?? Or is regular quinoa always considered vegan?
    Is this a stupid question? lol

4. Mary @ Fit and Fed

Good stuff, and looks so easy! I have that pink Himalayan salt, too, it’s good! You are lucky to be in California where I’m sure the avocados you get on a daily basis are much better than what I get here in Seattle….. I’ve tried them from all the stores around here, and I buy them regularly, but they’re just not as high-quality as what you can get in SoCal.
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted..Fig VinaigretteMy Profile

5. Sarah

Love love loved this. I steamed some tilapia and put it on top and it was perfect. You’re right, the pomegranate makes all the difference. Thanks for the suggestion for a delicious supper!

6. Victoria

I made this recipe, but added a layer of fresh baby spinach on the bottom. It was so f-ing good. Thanks!

7. Pingback: Mini DeLites + My Blogiversary

8. Ceilidh

I made this recipe today for lunch. Ah-freaking-mazing. I would love it if you would share more recipes like this. I find it hard to think of great lunches that are super easy to make but taste good and are good for you. Thanks for posting it. My new go-to lunch this season.

9. Pingback: Skinny Simple Vegan Recipes

10. Tara @ EatPrayFudge

Oh my goodness… I haven’t tried it yet but I’m already obsessed because pom seeds. because avocado. because hummus. because lemon juice. because quinoa. Thanks!

11. Pingback: What We All (Should) Know: Preparation=Key | Happy Over Hungry

12. Tara

OMG – I know I’m a little late to the party, but I’ve been meaning to recreate this salad and finally did so yesterday – wow, total game changer!! I know what I’ll be having for lunch for the next month…
    Thanks for sharing! xoxo