Sex Kitten Mani/Pedi Colors

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and lifestyle blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Ok, so what girl on earth doesn’t love a good mani/pedi?

Right?!

Having my nails perfect makes me feel like a million bucks.

Even though I chip them in like .08 seconds.

FML.

When it comes to the shape, I’m not a big fan of ten foot long acrylic nails ( remember circa 1991 when fake nails were the hottest things ever?! LOLZ )…I prefer more of a super squared, shorter look. BUT! Pointy nails are kinda starting to make a comeback too.

Ultimately, I think everyone should do what works for them because everyone’s hands are different sizes/shapes.

Anyway these are the colors I can’t live without ( FYI: my absolute favorites right now: stark white and the blackest of black ):

1.} Essie’s ‘Bahama Mama’

2.} Essie’s ‘Fiji’

3.} Essie’s ‘Bikini So Teeny’

4.} Essie’s ‘In The Cab-Ana’

5.} OPI’s ‘Black Onyx’

6.} OPI’s ‘Alpine Snow’

B T dubs: I love nail polish so much that I even paint my dog’s nails. Weird? Check out Pawlish. Pixy’s favie color is ‘Bow Wow Teal.’

Naturally.

Side note: I try to stay away from chemicals where I can, but sometimes it’s not possible ( I haven’t found an organic nail polish I like yet ). Former Victoria’s Secret angel, Miranda Kerr said it best, “I’m really a freak about my nails. I like OPI’s Koala Bear-y on my nails. I’m not against non-certified products, obviously– I use them all of the time for my job– but I try to minimize my exposure to chemicals. It’s a balance.”

Yup. Balance is key. With everything.

What’s your favorite polish?? Tell, tell.

xx.L

15 comments on Sex Kitten Mani/Pedi Colors

1. Julia
    08.01.13 at 4:52 pm (1 year ago)

Any true red is my go-to but I love Bikini So Teeny! Such a gorgeous color. :)

2. Jenna
    08.01.13 at 8:12 pm (1 year ago)

I’m loving Maybelline’s colorshow polish in blue blowout.

3. Hilary
    08.01.13 at 9:44 pm (1 year ago)

Essie’s Cocktail Bling and Ballet Slippers & OPI’s Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It…. Awesome colours!
    A good non-toxic polish brand is Butter London. Their polishes contain no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens. I’ve tried a couple of their colours and the quality seems to be pretty good!
    Hilary recently posted..The Watchmen (woman) WorkoutMy Profile

4. Mallory
    08.02.13 at 5:39 am (1 year ago)

I love Essie’s Ladylike or Ballet Slippers for a classic, clean look but also like OPI’s Wanted Red or Alive and Koala Bear-y for bright red and pinks! I have always shied away from really dark reds, purples, etc but I might have to try the Bahama Mama – seems like such a glamorous color!

5. Karen
    08.02.13 at 5:57 am (1 year ago)

You’re not the only one who chips their mani in .08 seconds! but my all-time fav is OPI because I do find that any of their polishes takes a lil better hold and chips less :) I’m really loving pale pinks and pearl whites right now!
    Karen recently posted..Cinnamon & it’s Health BenefitsMy Profile

6. Arantha
    08.02.13 at 11:06 am (1 year ago)

Great picks Lauryn! I’m currently obsessed with Essie’s Butler Please, Bikini So Teeny Mint Candy Apple, and Blanc, and Urban Outfitter’s Freakin’ Pink for summer…an insane neon pink! I also never match my nails to my toes…mismatched is my fave! XO

Arantha
    Arantha recently posted..Happy ThingsMy Profile

08.02.13 at 1:13 pm (1 year ago)

Need to try this ASAP!!! :-)

08.02.13 at 1:14 pm (1 year ago)

Me too <3

7. Katie
    08.02.13 at 4:02 pm (1 year ago)

OPI mod about you…absolute FAVE chalky pink/white color

8. Katie
    08.07.13 at 2:34 pm (1 year ago)

Try SpaRitual! They are vegan lacquers and use 70% organic ingredients in their products. Great colors too! http://www.sparitual.com/

9. Kelly
    08.10.13 at 2:20 pm (1 year ago)

Julep is a great 4-free polish. Zelda is my favorite right now, it’s a great rose gold color.

10. Christina Graci
    09.04.13 at 2:55 pm (12 months ago)

there are so many great non-toxic polish lines now! one of my faves is Jenna Hipp. She has incredible colors and they really last. Lauryn, if you’re ever in LA, come get a mani with me at Nitespa in Venice :)
    Christina Graci recently posted..seafoamMy Profile