DIY: The Beachiest of Beach Waves

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks fitness and weight loss.

There’s absolutely no reason to buy crappy store-bought, chemical-filled, fake “beach” spray.

ESP if you live by the freaking beach.

Butttttttt if you don’t live by the ocean, the below mixture is the perfect lil beach wave substitute.

FYI: I’m a big DIY ( do it yourself ) fan because I like to know exactly what the hell is my products/foods/drinks. Obviously this isn’t a shocking surprise, considering I’m a real control freak.

Ok, now go grab an empty spray bottle ( I use these cuties ), add the below ingreds, & get ready to “oohh & aahh” like a vintage Herbal Essence commercial.

Ingredients for DIY beach waves

Directions: Heat up the water for about a min to help dissolve/combine the ingredients. Add sea salt, coconut oil, essential oils, & all-natural hair gel to the heated water. Whisk until everything is combined.

Let the mixture cool & pour it in a sexy spray bottle ( I used a funnel for this part ).

Then shake, shake, shake & start spritzin’ your locks.

Note: This beach spray can be used on damp or dry hair. The end product should look like you & your sex kitten mane just spent a day chilling on the beach with a hefty margarita.

Mmkay?

xx.L

DIY Beach Waves

{ source }

13 comments on DIY: The Beachiest of Beach Waves

1. Jenni
    07.19.13 at 6:00 pm (1 year ago)

Gorgeous! I live by the beach (Santa Monica), but I could still use help for some sexy beach waves! Unfortunately I spend way more time at work than I do at the beach.
    Jenni recently posted..Early Bird BreakfastMy Profile

2. ayesha
    07.20.13 at 12:53 am (1 year ago)

Does the hair remain soft after this. I have tried many things to get wavy hair.. Like the no heat sock method.. and the wet braid thing. The moment I comb my hair its back to being straight. And I have thin hair so I don’t like to use heat!
    ayesha recently posted..Pinspiration 20/07/2013 :) My Profile

3. theresa
    07.20.13 at 8:40 am (1 year ago)

do you have any suggestions for a good all natural hair gel? i def want to try this out!

4. Becky Hillyard
    07.21.13 at 3:29 pm (1 year ago)

I love beach waves and even better a DIY spray! Cant wait to try!
    xx,

Becky
    Becky Hillyard recently posted..Chambray StyleMy Profile

5. Sydney [Anewall]
    07.22.13 at 10:46 am (1 year ago)

My hair is that – all natural, coarse, thick, go whichever way it feels like wavyness – which i can’t stand. So I am definitely going to try out this spray! xx

6. Harkness
    08.01.13 at 6:26 pm (1 year ago)

I love your DIY, easy recipes. I made this hair wave spray last night and it is great! I like knowing what is in my products too. Too many ingredients is too daunting, but your simple, few ingredient recipes are superb! Thank you soooo much :)

7. Cj
    08.12.13 at 5:46 pm (1 year ago)

How do you get the spiral curls? Do you twist your hair? Mine comes out more scrunched than whoa curls… :(

• Amber
      03.14.14 at 10:32 am (7 months ago)

Cj – its because she used a curling iron on top of the spray.

8. Amber
    03.14.14 at 10:31 am (7 months ago)

Cj – its because she used a curling iron on top of the spray.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY: The Beachiest of Beach Waves