Break a Sweat Everyday—!

break a sweat everyday

Summertime is here.

That means it’s time to shed any leftover winter/spring coat.

My main way of doing this is making a promise to break a sweat everyday. And if this sounds difficult…

It’s not.

Really.

I’m not saying bust your ass in the gym everyday. I’m saying taking a light walk/run with the dog, hike, walk to Starbucks, do squats before bed, &/or have sex ( << a real calorie burner ).

Just.break.a.sweat.

I was reminded of this simple advice by Mario Lopez ( remember circa 1990′s Saved by the Bell? Mr. Belding was everything! ). The ginormous cell phone holding, 90′s sex kitten was on Extra & he said, “here’s the thing, personally I like to mix it up, I like to break a sweat, everyday.”

I mean, it’s not rocket science.

Once you start breaking a sweat everyday, it becomes a full blown habit. Just like brushing your teeth. You just do it. Simple.

Happy Tuesday!

x.L

12 comments on Break a Sweat Everyday—!

1. Jenni
    06.25.13 at 4:45 pm (1 year ago)

Plus, it does wonders for your mental sanity. I always have less stressful days when I’ve worked out in the morning. I live for my hot and sweaty spin classes!
    Jenni recently posted..Ode to a Fellow BloggerMy Profile

2. Julie @ Avocado Run
    06.25.13 at 5:05 pm (1 year ago)

I completely agree!!! Some days are harder than others but just 30 minutes of exercise makes you feel so much better! :D

3. Tori @ Get a Word in Veg Wise
    06.25.13 at 7:48 pm (1 year ago)

Posts like this remind me why I adore your blog (and that is high praise coming from a dietitian because most nutrition blogs don’t cut it for me…). You are hilarious and are EXACTLY the kind of girl I’d be friends with in real life. Don’t ever change your voice – just wanted to share the love from a long time reader who has remained silent and just creeped around until now :)

4. Aman Kaur
    06.25.13 at 10:47 pm (1 year ago)

Def agree with this, thanks for the reminder!

xoxo, Aman

beauteacoffeechic.blogspot.com

5. Kelly
    06.25.13 at 11:41 pm (1 year ago)

Always a great reminder! I always just think that exercise needs to be super intense and hardcore but really anything is better than sitting around all day :-)!! I shall try to remember this for the rest of the week!
    Kelly recently posted..Business Proposals: Part 1My Profile

6. ayesha
    06.26.13 at 1:15 am (1 year ago)

The toughest part is getting started. But its all bliss after that!
    ayesha recently posted..Journey with facebookMy Profile

7. Arantha
    06.26.13 at 7:14 am (1 year ago)

Great reminder Lauryn! I recently purchased the Tone It Up Beach Babe DVDs (part 1 and 2) by Karena & Katrina…absolutely amazing. I’ve seen more toning results from their DVDs than from my kickboxing classes!!

Love the new site design! Congrats on all your new endeavors! XO
    Arantha
    Arantha recently posted..Parmesan Garlic Roasted ShrimpMy Profile

8. Karen
    06.26.13 at 7:53 am (1 year ago)

Keep it simple, Keep switching it up & keep it up! Plain and simple. Making a commitment to sweat everyday is one of the best ways to stay in shape & feel amaze!
    Karen recently posted..Top 10 Skinny Fruits!!!My Profile

9. BougieHippie
    06.28.13 at 10:25 am (1 year ago)

I think I’ve found the female me! ;-)!

anorexicescapades.com

10. Austyn
    06.01.14 at 6:24 pm (4 months ago)

I am DYING over the “Break A Sweat Everyday” font! Do you mind sharing the font’s name and where you got it?

xoxo,