Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Mini DeLites

April 22, 2013
by
LAURYN

[ Paper clips= the best bookmarks ]

[ A Sunday treat ]

[ Currently on our dining room table…the perfect pop of spring! ]

Sunday I totally gave into my Flaming Cheetos craving.

Granted I had been craving those spicy little shits for about a week.

And.they.were.so.so.so.amazing.

Red fingers & all.

Here’s the deal: if I have a craving I’ll ignore it. Buttttttt if the feeling lingers I grab portion-controlled bowl ( this kind is my favorite ) & enjoy it happily.

Anyway I’m thinking of doing a huge long post on cravings- would you guys be interested? If so, how do you deal with them?

Tell, tell.

xx.L

[ Vintage jade ]

[ Anyone in SD? Stop by our launch party for TSK’s YouTube channel! ]

[ My latest Whole Foods’ stop ]

MORE LIKE THIS, YES PLZ
view TSC posts

19 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Sam

Post on cravings would be amazing! I always try to substitute a craving with an healthy option by making it more exciting! That way it doesn’t seem as boring! :) :)

X.

2. Laura Rhinehart

A post on cravings would be greatly appreciated! I struggle with that as well. Thanks for the post. I too love using paper clips for bookmarks!

-xo
    Laura

3. Lexi

Would love a post on cravings and how you deal with them. I still haven’t figured it out yet. I used to give in, but I found out that just opens the flood-gates to losing all self control. Now I just try to suck it up for weeks and weeks, hoping it’ll go away. And if it doesn’t, then I’ll cave.

4. Anna

Whenever I have a craving, which is usually always b/c I’m super picky & foods are so delicious..I ALWAYS try to make a healthy satiating subsitute for whatever it is I am craving. For example, if I am craving chips around 3 o’clock, I grab a bowl of organic baby carrots & garnish them with a little garlic salt and/or chives. So delicious & you eat them peice by peice as you would chips! Or if I am craving chocolate candy bars, I have dark chocolate, instead of Reeses cups (my addiction) I have a 1 spoonful of natural crunchy peanutbutter & so on. However, I do think you should allow yourself to indulge in a guiltless cheat treat, however often your body deems it necessary as everyone is different – be it once a week or once a day. =)

– Anna

1. Britt

I try to substitute as well! If I’m craving salty, I’ll roast half a sweet potato into “fries.” If I’m craving ice cream, I’ll blend a frozen banana with almond milk and cinnamon.

5. Emily

YES to cravings post! I think this is where a lot of (even super healthy) girls struggle. Maybe talking about alternative foods to eat (“eat THIS not THAT”) and practicing mindfulness when indulging, so as not to overindulge…? Any tips and tricks would be great!

6. Stephko

I have cravings all. the. time. Living in a small town with few take-out options has definitely helped. For instance, I can’t get a burrito if the Mexican place sucks (and it does, plus it’s $$$). Other than that, I put it off as long as possible. I’ve gone from putting off a craving for 5 minutes and indulging daily to putting it off for a few months, finally giving in, feeling teeeerrrrrible, and going another few months until it hits again. It’s working :)

7. Rose

A post on cravings would be great! I have NO willpower against them and continue giving in no matter how depressed I know I will be after. womp womp :(
    Rose recently posted..Superhero PartyMy Profile

8. Jess

If I’m ever craving I’ll make up a tall chilled glass of lemon water. That usually diverts the cravings into the good kind. But on the hardest of days, a square of dark chocolate will do :)

9. mal

Would love to hear how you deal with cravings. My only defense is that I just don’t buy the crave food. My husband does most of our grocery shopping (and, bless his heart, he has the self control of a saint, thank goodness! If ice cream or cookies come into our home, it’s ALWAYS my fault . . .) and my uber-long commute keeps me from stopping to pick much up, from the grocery or takeout. If I do go grocery shopping, I make sure I feel full before. If I don’t have the food when I crave it, I’m usually pretty good at forgetting about it. But, if I have the food in my possession, I’m hopeless.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *