Lentils: A Total Power Food with Tons of Sexy Benefits

Lauryn Evarts, lifestyle blogger & health blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Lately I’ve been crazzzzzy over lentils!

Doctor Oz. says that lentils are one of the top three foods that make you, uh, well, go to the bathroom. You know, you know…help you to flush your system out ; ).

TMI?

Anyway, these ugly, little beans are full of sexy benefits. To name a few:

+ Protect your boobies (!!!): lentils contain more important B vits than any other plant food. Vitamin B6 helps reduce women’s risk of developing breast cancer!

+ Fiber: this makes the digestive system “clean out.” Fun shit. Literally.

+ Impressive amounts of iron & protein: the beans are filled with iron & protein.

+ Anti-aging: superfoods like lentils provide anti-aging benefits.

+ A natural weight-loss food: they reduce the appetite because they’re filled with fiber. Buh-bye temptation!

See?! They’re amazing!

Add them to: salads, sweet potato soup, curry, stew, pasta, eat them plain, &/or try this carrot/onion/celery soup I made on Monday night ( note: naturally I added lemon to the recipe ).

So puh-lease! Next time you’re in the bean section, don’t ignore the poor lentils!

Love.L

12 comments on Lentils: A Total Power Food with Tons of Sexy Benefits

1. Genevieve Heitman
    03.21.13 at 6:53 pm (2 years ago)

Looks sooooooo good. I can’t wait to try it.

What did you eat with it for dinner?

2. Kay
    03.21.13 at 7:39 pm (2 years ago)

You can add cilantro, tomatoes, cumin, and salt with some lentils in a pressure cooker and viola, you get daal (Indian soup type thing).

I’ve never tried cooking lentils with Western recipes, the pics look delicious.

3. Kathryn
    03.22.13 at 10:53 am (2 years ago)

Hi Lauryn,

Thanks for doing informative posts like this – reading about the benefits of certain foods is a sure-fire way of getting inspired for healthy eating! Keep it up! :-)
    Kx

4. gracekelle at leangirlsclub
    03.22.13 at 7:41 pm (2 years ago)

I love lentils in my curry with some vegetables. And even better if they flush us out – gets rid of the bloat and toxins that don’t belong there!

5. Hannah
    03.23.13 at 4:07 am (2 years ago)

I love lentils! Lentil soup is a staple in my household. Try adding balsamic vinegar, the two are amazing together!
    Hannah recently posted..Mastering the “Man Salad”My Profile

6. teatone plus
    03.27.13 at 1:35 am (2 years ago)

Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for info about this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve found out so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the source?|What i do not realize is actually how you’re no longer actually a lot more smartly-appreciated than you may be now. You are so intelligent.

7. Antonio
    03.10.14 at 1:17 pm (9 months ago)

Lentils are so delicious. Once I had them for breakfast with poached eggs, while on Holliday in San Francisco. Mind you it was the most expensive breakfast ever but it was delicious.