How to Be a Sexy Sickie

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Annnnndddddd Pilates didn’t end up happening today.

Way, way too sick.

I’ve been a real nightime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy-headed, fevered bitch.

But thanks to my babe + some TLC I’m feeling like I’m headed ( slowly ) towards recovery.

So. Since everyone & their dog, dad, sister, cousin, mom, friend, neighbor is currently sick, here’s some tips on how to get well ASAP…

How to Be a Sexy Sickie

1.} Tea (duh): chug it like it’s diamond water. I like Throat Coat, green tea, & Sleepytime Extra tea.

2.} Wash your freaking hands: isn’t it swell when someone comes to the gym/work/your house, sick? Oh & then they sneeze on their hand & extend it for a shake. Like, no thanks, I’d prefer not to grasp your sick-o, germ-infused, wet hand. Wash your hands peeps! Kill those germy little bitches ( love this all natural soap! ).

3.} Use a Neti Pot: haven’t heard of it? It’s absolutely, positively amazing. This little pot provides relief for any cold or allergy symptoms.

4.} Pillows: plump those babies up so the head is elevated. This alleviates pressure from the sinuses.

5.} Shower. Please. Just shower: don’t be lazy. Force your sick-ass out of bed. I swear, you will feel soooo much better. The hot water helps soothe any cold &/or sore throat. And the heat drains any gross mucus.

6.} Don’t reach for chemicals: I’m not a big pill popper. You know the type: “oh I have a headache so I’m going to take three Advil.” I like to try natural approaches before I shove pills down my throat. If you need some meds, try Cold-EEZE.

8.} Water: hydration is key. Water allows your bod to rid sickie toxins.

9.} Make your man do everything: being sick is a great time to make your significant other do everything. Kidding! Kind of.

10.} Relax: this is so F’ing hard for me. I’m always on the go, so laying in bed is as about as interesting as watching a fly on the wall. I’ve been reading a bunch of sexy autobiographies so the time’s flying by. US Weekly is a real lifesaver too. Sleep as much as you can. Getting some shut eye heals the body better than anything. ZZZzzz.

If you’re not sick, I’m jealous.

On that note, I’m off to bed.

Cough.L

14 comments on How to Be a Sexy Sickie

1. elle @ wishingoodluck
    01.22.13 at 8:30 pm (2 years ago)

ThroatCoat is the BEST for really bad colds – it tastes not so great (licorice-y) but works wonderssss on sore throats/chest congestion – great tips!
    elle @ wishingoodluck recently posted..The Facts of Me: Round IMy Profile

2. Delray Beach Film Society
    01.23.13 at 12:29 am (2 years ago)

Good Job. Thank a lot for taking the time. I will definitely check here to find out more and recommend my acquaintenances about this.

3. emma
    01.23.13 at 12:56 am (2 years ago)

thanks for the tips! Got sick yesterday and I’m definitely going to follow this list! :)
    emma recently posted..motivationMy Profile

4. emma
    01.23.13 at 12:58 am (2 years ago)

Thanks for the tips! I got sick yesterday and I’m definitely going to follow this list!
    Can you still do some body balance when you’re sick, or is that bad for you?
    emma recently posted..motivationMy Profile

01.23.13 at 1:24 pm (2 years ago)

Listen to your body when you’re sick. If you feel ok to do body balance work then you’re probably fine. If your body needs rest, then rest. Hope that helps babe! xx.
      Lauryn recently posted..Insty: @LaurynBoBorynMy Profile

5. Samm @ DysfunctionalEverAfter
    01.23.13 at 9:54 am (2 years ago)

I’m hoping the diamond water comment was a reference to shahs, because I will like you a WHOLE lot more if that is the case.

xoxox.

01.23.13 at 1:19 pm (2 years ago)

It most definitely is…Asa the ‘Persian Pop Priestess’ kills me.

6. josie
    01.23.13 at 8:12 pm (2 years ago)

I one of the pill-poppers you mentioned above…. imma try some of these other remedies next time. Must do better. I simply must.
    josie recently posted..Four things: the bag editionMy Profile

7. Maria
    01.24.13 at 5:48 am (2 years ago)

The ninth point is my favourite one :)))) Always use it :))) Advice everybody to do the same :)))
    regards,
    Maria

http:/www.stilistmoldova.blogspot.com

8. Emily @ Hungry Delights
    01.26.13 at 3:36 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for the tips. I am so miserable when I am sick. Def going to try neti pot and I always make my boy help when I am sick.
    Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Friday RamblingsMy Profile

9. Tiff
    11.12.13 at 12:08 am (9 months ago)

Feel better! Ohhhh and which autobiographies?

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on How to Be a Sexy Sickie