Shed That Winter Coat!

[ Detoxing on the go…ten things in my hand, per usu ]

How’s it cleansin’? I hope you’re all excited to shed the winter coat…

I certainly am.

First day recap:

Annie ( the owner of Suja Juice ), Samantha & Casey ( Suja’s PR team ), Weslie ( blogger @ Love Chugs ), Cody ( co-founder of People Water ) & I started a lil group text to document our 3-day detox experience. Between LMFAO at all the absurd text messages ( << when I didn’t check my phone there were 52 from this wild/hilarious group {!!} ) & an unhealthy overuse of Emojis, Annie ended up sharing some real swell information with us weirdos…

& I learned:

Ahem!

+ It’s not weird to NOT be hungry. Why? That happens to most people because you’re really hydrated & getting the nutrients it needs. Hydration is key.

+ The first juice ( ‘Glow’ ) is great for your tummers in the AM. The mint in the green drink soothes the stomach.

+ Drink the last juice three hours before bed.

+ No nuts. The little suckers don’t digest well.

+ If you’re hungry…then EAT! Fruits, greens, sweet potatoes, avocados, Dijon + apple cider vinegar ( for dressing ), broths, & soups. Stay away from animal proteins ( < in the DIY cleanse animal products are ok ). Nix dairy & grains too. Tons of green tea is encouraged.  Juicing is alkalizing. Don’t let certain foods screw that up.

Capisce?

Ok. Spill- if you’re cleansing too, what’s your experience been like so far? Tell, tell.

I hope you’re not late to the party. And if you promised yourself to detox for the NY, don’t be a Flaky McFlakerson & back out. Follow through with what you said you were going to do.

To join in e-mail me for instructions at Lauryn@TheSkinnyConfidential.com.

Love.L

( P.S. all this info is for the Suja Juice Cleanse, not the at-home, DIY cleanse ).

Lauryn Evarts talks skinny tips, juice cleanse tricks, and how to lose weight quick.

[ Weirdest/coolest peeps on earth ^^ ]

Newer comments

40 comments on Shed That Winter Coat!

1. Casey Blatt
    01.08.13 at 3:55 pm (2 years ago)

Loving the way I am feeling! Although many foods sound delish, the nutrients are totally fulfilling! :)

2. chelsea lundy
    01.08.13 at 4:01 pm (2 years ago)

Ah! I wish I could get these juices in Canada, do you know of any Canadian juice companies? Also wondering if you would ever consider cutting out dairy/meat completely, since you do during a cleanse!

Thanksxx
    chelsea lundy recently posted..Here she is!My Profile

• Kristine
      01.09.13 at 7:13 am (2 years ago)

I wish Suja was more accessible to us Canadians … but I’ve heard great things about Raw Raw Cleanse, who are based out of Toronto. I do NOT want to take business away from Suja AT ALL, but I think it’s good to know there are options so that us Canadians can cleanse as well! :)

3. Kim
    01.08.13 at 4:14 pm (2 years ago)

Its the end of the work day and i’m only on my 4th drink.. I really haven’t been hungry all day. And these juices taste amazing! I can’t wait to try the “dessert” coconut-almond one :)

01.08.13 at 11:01 pm (2 years ago)

I am so glad you’re having a good experience. Good luck Kim! x.
      Lauryn recently posted..Shed That Winter Coat!My Profile

4. Coco Rogan
    01.08.13 at 4:25 pm (2 years ago)

where did you get those sunglasses!?
    Coco Rogan recently posted..PhotoMy Profile

5. Ruthie
    01.08.13 at 4:33 pm (2 years ago)

I started mine on Sunday due to travel obligations tomorrow (not sure Suja meets TSA guidelines!!) so I’m almost done with day 3 and am feeling amazing! Super energetic, lean and motivated to continue the clean eating. Thanks for encouraging this cleanse!! Love it!

6. Shelby
    01.08.13 at 5:31 pm (2 years ago)

Hi! I just started reading your blog and I really like it!

I was wondering, I’m only 15, would it still be okay for me to do this cleanse? I don’t know much about it and was wondering if you could e-mail the details? Thank you!
    Shelby

7. Lisa
    01.08.13 at 5:34 pm (2 years ago)

This is my 3rd Suja Cleanse…started today so I can say I’m virtually part of the group:)
    Feel great as usual, the only thing is that instead of drinking the Vanilla Cloud (it’s delicious but I find it hard to digest – yep, I’m a delicate flower) I take another Fiji or Green Supreme…
    Only cons of Suja …JUICES ARE ADDICTIVE!

8. Bethany
    01.08.13 at 5:41 pm (2 years ago)

Where can we buy the juices besides online?

• gigi
      01.08.13 at 8:24 pm (2 years ago)

Whole Foods carries them!!

01.08.13 at 10:48 pm (2 years ago)

Yes & Jimbo’s : ).

9. Annie Lawless
    01.08.13 at 5:48 pm (2 years ago)

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Amazing post and amazing day! xoxoxo

10. Lauren
    01.08.13 at 5:52 pm (2 years ago)

So should we not be eating any kind of meat or eggs for the protein meals?

01.08.13 at 6:55 pm (2 years ago)

If you’re on the 3 day juice cleanse that is made from home or at Whole Foods, animal protein is fine. Suja’s cleanse is no animal protein. Every cleanse is different. You’ll experience the same results. XO.

11. Vanessad100
    01.08.13 at 5:53 pm (2 years ago)

I’m making my own juice with my juicer, and today has been great! I’ve been running around, NO HUNGER, which is so surprising, and so much energy! I was just thinking, I may have just discovered that I eat out of boredom and dehydration! Because if just this amount of liquid is keeping me sustained, then a lot of my hunger is most likely dehydration usually.

One bad thing….as I am reading this, I was some baked chicken breast and a handful of chopped bell peppers. When I read that 6oz of protein was allowed each day, I didn’t realize that it wasn’t supposed to be animal protein :( :( Guess I’ll nix that one tomorrow. But thats okay, what I’ve done is better than nothing at all! So far so good…Onward and Upward!

12. Erin
    01.08.13 at 5:58 pm (2 years ago)

Have you ever tried Kombuca Drinks? I am doing the Paleo Challenge, and was recommended to try it, but couldn’t find any detailed information on it.

13. Becka
    01.08.13 at 6:42 pm (2 years ago)

This is the best tasting cleanse ever! I haven’t felt hungry all day and feel super hydrated and have lots of energy. Loving this, L :D

14. Ashely B.
    01.08.13 at 7:08 pm (2 years ago)

2nd round with Suja’s 3-day cleanse!! Day 1 down!! Definately feeling apart of the group virtually via blog, fbook & instagram. Love the juices and looking forward to the amazing feeling come Friday! Xx Ashely ;)

15. Heather
    01.08.13 at 8:58 pm (2 years ago)

Love the Pic. Love Suja. Enough Said:) XO

01.08.13 at 10:48 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Heather!

16. Ashley
    01.08.13 at 10:40 pm (2 years ago)

Hey Lauryn do you know if Suja ships to Canada or is that impossible? haha
    I REALLY want to try their juices– they look/sound so good!

01.08.13 at 10:47 pm (2 years ago)

E-mail Annie at Annie@SujaJuice.com – she will give you shipping rates ; ). Also you can make them from home! XO.

17. Michelle (michabella)
    01.08.13 at 11:17 pm (2 years ago)

Oooo. I want to know more about this cleanse!!! I need :)
    Michelle (michabella) recently posted..MomentsMy Profile

18. Annie
    01.09.13 at 3:12 am (2 years ago)

I posted on my Facebook about the cleanse so that I could rally up all my girlfriends near and far to do this with me too! We’re all posting pics and talking about it, amazing experience so far – thanks for the inspo girl :)

19. Bryana
    01.09.13 at 5:07 am (2 years ago)

Day 1 down and I’m starting Day 2 feeling great! I’m on the east coast so no Suja around for me … I’m rockin’ the DIY 3 day cleanse. Haven’t felt much hunger at all, only a tad in my 3 hour gap between my last juice of the day and my protein/veggie dinner. Keep up the good work!!

20. Haley
    01.09.13 at 8:09 am (2 years ago)

Where did you get that awesome neon pink jacket?

• gigi
      01.09.13 at 4:38 pm (2 years ago)

Im 99% positive its a Lululemon. I have the same one!!! Super cute and comfy.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Shed That Winter Coat!

1. […] about The Skinny Confidential‘s Suja juice cleanse. You can read more about her experience here. As for my experience, it was a little different as I did the at-home cleanse. I made my own juices […]

2. […] Another juice experience can be found here, here, & here […]