Add Ice to Your White Wine. Trustttt Me.

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and skinny blogger talks weight loss and diet.

Shocker: I love wine. Let’s be honest: I mean, enjoying a beautiful, pricy glass of a Bordeaux 2007 vintage while I’m staring off into the sunset is my favorite hobby ever…

Uhhh…reality check! How often does that scenario happen? BA!

*sigh*

Life is cray, so when it comes to wine I’m not too much of a snob. For instance, Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio gets the job done; it’s light, crisp, & delish.

Next time you’re sippin’, try this: add a bunch of ice/reusable ice cubes to your white wine.

Why? Because it takes longer to drink, you’ll consume less [ meaning less calories/sugar/carbs ], & adding ice promotes hydration [ ice= water= no hangover= winning ].

Cha-ching.

Unless you’re a profesh wine sommelier, this tip is the.best.evs. Esp for the holidays.

Cheers!

Love.L

P.S. Check out The Skinny Confidential on Giuliana Rancic’s website, Fab Fit Fun!!

28 comments on Add Ice to Your White Wine. Trustttt Me.

1. Amelia Ava
    11.29.12 at 5:55 pm (2 years ago)

I knew a couple who would always make ice cubes out of whatever they were drinking. When little kids came over and drank milk they’d make milk ice cubes for them. (Because normal ice cubes make it watery.) If they made iced coffee they’d make coffee ice cubes. Weird, but sometimes helpful! Doesn’t help you out with calories, though.

• laurynevarts
      11.29.12 at 5:59 pm (2 years ago)

Love this Amelia! : ) XO.

• laurynevarts
      11.29.12 at 8:19 pm (2 years ago)

Agreed ; )). I love it cold too!

2. Meg
    11.29.12 at 8:23 pm (2 years ago)

For the purists who wouldn’t dare water down their wine, freeze grapes and use them in place of ice (or if you want to be a bit more fancy for a holiday party or something). FTR, I’m not a purist and have been known to use ice on the regular. Who wants to wait for the bottle to chill?! Grapes are just a cute little extra.

• laurynevarts
      11.29.12 at 8:35 pm (2 years ago)

LOVE this tip, Meg! You’re so cute!

3. Kelly
    11.29.12 at 9:06 pm (2 years ago)

I love this trick and have done it for years! I like the idea of adding the reusable cubes!

xx Kelly

• laurynevarts
      11.29.12 at 9:16 pm (2 years ago)

: ))) Thanks for reading, Kelly!

4. Gorgio
    11.30.12 at 3:20 am (2 years ago)

Bwahaha, love the ice cube shapes, and also the idea above about making ice cubes out the wine. I wish it were that simple though :(. The freezing point would be about -6 °C by the alcohol alone. In addition, there are some sugars, salts, etc. which will lower the freezing point a little more. If only.. although reusable flower ice cube shapes still do the trick!
    Gorgio recently posted..How to Be a BartenderMy Profile

5. NYC Fit GIrl
    11.30.12 at 4:00 am (2 years ago)

I drink anything with ice! People say it’s bad to drink cold water but I just can’t help it I love everything cold!

• laurynevarts
      11.30.12 at 9:43 am (2 years ago)

I love freezing cold water and the hottest showers ever. It’s same to say I’m an extremest sometimes…lol.

• laurynevarts
      11.30.12 at 9:45 am (2 years ago)

: )))

6. Heather
    11.30.12 at 7:22 am (2 years ago)

Such a fantastic idea Lauryn. You know I love red wine and have really had to cut it out because of all the sugar. I will try this for sure! xo

• laurynevarts
      11.30.12 at 9:46 am (2 years ago)

Come see me soon, Heather! XO.

• laurynevarts
      11.30.12 at 2:33 pm (2 years ago)

I know, right?! It nips that hangover shit in the bud!

7. Elizabeth Ann
    11.30.12 at 1:53 pm (2 years ago)

I’m your newest follower via Eat Yourself Skinny!

• laurynevarts
      11.30.12 at 2:33 pm (2 years ago)

Welcome! Thanks for following along, Elizabeth! LOVE Eat Yourself Skinny : ).

8. Jill
    11.30.12 at 2:09 pm (2 years ago)

I wanted to made a comment about what a waste it is for your wine to put ice in it, “typically American thing” or something lame like that (coming from a dutchie = european = so kinda french = wine gods) but then I couldn’t because I’m secretly in love with your blog and your fun writing and realised that I’m longing for a glass of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio. With reusable icecubes.

• laurynevarts
      11.30.12 at 2:33 pm (2 years ago)

You’re so cute. HAHAAHA love it!

9. Abby
    12.01.12 at 3:09 am (2 years ago)

What cute ice cubes! This makes me dream of summer in cold, grey London. <3
    Abby recently posted..Jammy HousesMy Profile

• laurynevarts
      12.01.12 at 10:31 am (2 years ago)

Thanks Abby : )). xoxo.

• laurynevarts
      12.01.12 at 10:31 am (2 years ago)

I found them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond : ). But there’s a link above to find anchor-shaped ice cube trays too! XO.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Add Ice to Your White Wine. Trustttt Me.

1. […] with toothpicks are a fun detail. We added these to our wine + some ice cubes ( details on that here […]

2. […] sauce replacement. Benefits found here. Pinot Grigio: a light crisp, white wine. More tips found here. Pinot Noir: super light & amazing for cooking. Red Wine Vinegar: see my favorite, super low […]