Spooky, Skinny, Mini Halloweenie Candyyyyy!

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, talks how to pick healthier, low sugar Halloween candy.

Goody, goody gumdrops!! It’s almost the spookiest time of year: Halloween ; p.

Between last year’s ‘Skinny Treats‘ post & this one, you’re bound to find some sexy candy that wouldn’t pack on the LB’s. When it comes to sweets, candy that’s tiny, contains dark chocolate, &/or almond-filled are always the smartest choices. I took some pics & did the calorie count on a few of my favies:

+ Spooky, Skinny, Mini Halloweenie Candy

2 mini Almond Joys: 160 cals

8 Lifesavers:  80 cals

3 mini packets of Nerds: 150 cals

10 Skittles: 43 cals

3 ‘Special Dark’ Hershey kisses [ <<< my favorite! ]:  60 cals

P.S. If you’re looking for some ghoulish, scary cocktails, The Huffington Post just featured my recipe called ‘A Witch’s Potion.‘ Check it!

Love.L

16 comments on Spooky, Skinny, Mini Halloweenie Candyyyyy!

• Anonymous
      10.25.12 at 11:05 pm (2 years ago)

I know, right?! I love a few Skittles now & then though ; ).

1. Mary @ Fit and Fed
    10.25.12 at 4:47 pm (2 years ago)

Oh, Halloween candy….. we have a lot of little kids in our neighborhood. It’s too bad that healthy treats aren’t really wanted or appreciated, because I feel bad just handing out junk. A few years I’ve handed out sparkly crayons and the like to the younger kids, but lately I admit I’ve just been buying a big bag of junky candy. I try to buy types of candy that don’t tempt me at all.
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted..Gluten-free Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Pecan Cookies | Baking with Duck EggsMy Profile

• Anonymous
      10.25.12 at 11:07 pm (2 years ago)

Trust me. I wish the kiddo’s preferred crayons to candy too : (!! LOL.

2. Brittany Peters
    10.25.12 at 6:00 pm (2 years ago)

Almond joys are my fav. I absolutely love the photos you took of the candy!

• Anonymous
      10.25.12 at 11:07 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Brittany! I love color, so it was easy to shoot ; ). XO.

3. amanda
    10.26.12 at 6:33 am (2 years ago)

Congrats on being included on The Huffington Post! Recipe looks delish.

• Anonymous
      10.26.12 at 12:53 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Amanda! XO.

4. Corey @ When We Wander
    10.26.12 at 7:14 am (2 years ago)

Mmmm I love dark chocolate m & m’s too – the fun size packets are the perfect portion!
    Corey @ When We Wander recently posted..All the Small ThingsMy Profile

• Anonymous
      10.26.12 at 12:53 pm (2 years ago)

Yes- so yummy! Esp with peanuts in them.

5. Arantha
    10.26.12 at 11:37 am (2 years ago)

Nerds are my fave :)
    Arantha recently posted..Happy ThingsMy Profile

• Anonymous
      10.26.12 at 12:53 pm (2 years ago)

Same! Love that ‘hand to mouth’ action ; ).

6. Bita Ehsanipour
    10.30.12 at 8:41 pm (2 years ago)

Wahoo! Congrats on being included in the Huffington Post’s round up of Halloween cocktails, Lauryn. That is awesome! I wish I had a bartending background also :). I love delicious, creative cocktails! Especially when they’re seasonal/for specific Holidays. Love it! xx

• Anonymous
      10.31.12 at 6:02 am (2 years ago)

Thank you, Bita! I love shaking up skinny martinis ; ). Extra cold, extra skinny!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Spooky, Skinny, Mini Halloweenie Candyyyyy!

1. Frozen, Creepy Ghoulie Gummy Tummies says:

[...] ok, enjoy some candy tonight…but at least eat the fun-sized [...]

2. Let's Talk Halloween: The Good, The Bad, & The Slutty says:

[...] Don’t…forget to leave candy outside your door for the cutie trick-or-treaters! My favorites to leave out can be found here & here. [...]