The Skinny Confidential x Under Armour by Gisele Bundchen.

Workout for Free: Now You Really Don’t Have an Excuse {!!!}

October 23, 2012
by
LAURYN

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and fashion blogger talks fitness YouTube Channels.

An excuse I hear wayyyyyyy too often: “I can’t afford a gym membership, so it’s difficult to motivate myself.”

Welp, welp, welp, no problemo. Here’s a super easy fix:

Utilize YouTube. Oh? You think it’s embarrassing/stupid/weird to jump around you room, sweating everywhere, while you workout in front of a computer screen?

Think of it like this: at least you’re not sitting around complaining about a problem. You’re creating a situation.

My YouTube Favs:

+ Angry Trainer: fitness advice + amazing workout moves. This trainer is a real ass-kicker.

+ Blogilates: love Casey Ho. She’s relatable, cute, & makes working out fun. Also, I’m absolutely obsessed with Pilates!

+ Diet.com: covers everything from eating tips to fitness moves. It’s rated ‘YouTube’s #1 health & fitness’ channel too.

+ Jenny Ford Fitness: this girl’s channel has everything from Zumba to step aerobics. Fun stuff.

+ Tone it UpKarena & Katrina are two gorg girls who make working out fun. They workout all my favorite area to tone: the butt, abs, & thighs. LOVE.LOVE.LOVE!

Ok. So quick ques: I’ve been thinking about creating a Skinny Confidential YouTube channel. Hmmm…not gonna lie, I’m kind of nervous -_- !!

Thoughts? What would you babes want to see on the channel?

Love.L

OH, ALSO:

32 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Teri

Omg!! I was thinking recently I wished you had a YouTube channel!! Would love to see something similar to Blogilates. Short workouts with your favorite moves for specific areas of the body, your favorite recipes, a beauty/fashion haul or taking us along on a grocery shopping trip! Everything all in one place would be amazing!!!!

2. lena

Create a youtube! I would love that! It would definitely keep me motivated! <3 your blog

3. Sam

I would LOVE to see a youtube channel from you! One of my favorite youtube finds is Bodyrock. Now I go to the bodyrock.tv website but they are super effective. I like to see workouts that are short but super intense & effective. I agree with all of Teri’s suggestions above, too!

1. laurynevarts Post author

I’ll check out Bodyrock! Sounds great! Thanks babe.

4. Sara

absolutely make a youtube channel! id love to see not only workouts you like to do, but also your heath and beauty tips too! youre obviously GORGEOUS so naturally we all want to look like you 😉

5. Lyn

Just Do is my advice to you! I am in the same position. I plan to start doing workout clips for my blog and it scares the S*** out of me. I often feel I am not ready, or my body isn’t perfect enuough and I hate speaking on camera. I get sooo nervous! Then I am remindered to just do it!

Be anuthentically you, show people what workouts you love, and how you keep in shape and people will love it because you are amazing!

Good luck. I look foward to seeing your videos!
    Lyn xx
    Lyn recently posted..How Much Does Eating Healthy Really Cost?My Profile

1. laurynevarts Post author

I am scared shitless! It’s pretty intimidating…but you’re inspiring! XO.

6. Heather

Totally agree, my fav workout is Phisique 57 and they have dvds to purchase. I hear they are going to online workouts soon too!

7. Tara

Oh my gosh dont be nervous! I would love to see a pilates workout or fun recipe etc!! good luck xo

8. Anja

i love the idea.

i d’ love to see on your youtube channel:
    – full body workouts for at home
    – diet tips , your snacking tips are always awesome
    – beauty tips and personal stories
    – last but not least skinny cocktail ideas *glassesup*

just all what your blog is about. :)

1. laurynevarts Post author

Love all these ideas- you guys are the best. Everrrrr!

9. Emina

Yes, yes, yes!
    I visit your blog every day so I would love videos. Work-outs, recipes, style & beauty. Do it!

1. laurynevarts Post author

Hi! I definitely would love to incorporate style into it ; ). Thanks for reading every day! So cool. xoxo.

10. Nina

Hi, love to see a youtube channel from you!!! I personally love Amanda Russell’s youtube channel! Check it out – she’s got great workouts for free!
    I really love the idea of workout videos for free also they are changing every week. I used to buy tons of workout DVDs but got bored very very easily! through youtube I found so much variety which keeps me going actually!
    xo

1. laurynevarts Post author

I love her too! Ahhh- she’s definitely in the top five too!

11. Teri

I think it’s unanimous! You should start your own YouTube channel! :)

One other great workout channel is Zuzka Light! She used to be with bodyrock.tv, but now she has her own channel. I alternate between Blogilates and Zuzka! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

1. laurynevarts Post author

AHHhhhhhh! I’m so nervous :/ we’ll see! Thank you so much for the encouragement. XO.