Why B12 Shots are AMAZEEEEE-!!!

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and food blogger, talks about the benefits of B12.

No one likes to feel like a tired, lackluster old fart. You know what I mean…when you wake up with absolutely no spring in your step, eyes closed, grumbling for a Trenta-sized coffee. Ew!

Exercise, a daily cup of coffee, eating clean, juicing, andddddd my monthly B12 shot fix this lil’ problemo. Even though I would rather endure a tortuous death than get a shot [ let’s just say I’m a total fainter ], forcing myself to get over my fear of needles is worth it. Check this out:

Benefits of B12:

+ Increased energy levels- waaahhhhoooo!

+ It speeds the metabolism [ not in a creepy Hydroxycut-pilly way ].

+ Helps with depression + anxiety.

+ Improves moods [ buh-bye PMS; perf for TTOTM ].

+ Known to help prevent cardiovascular disease.

+ Helps with concentration. Much needed if you get distracted by everything [ <<< me ].

Try it once. For realsies. Thank me later!

Love.L

Newer comments

32 comments on Why B12 Shots are AMAZEEEEE-!!!

• laurynevarts
      10.16.12 at 9:02 pm (2 years ago)

I get the shots done at my doctor’s office. I know you can also go to some plastic surgeon’s offices too. If you can find a place in your area, Google ‘B12 injections in (insert your city here).’ Hope that helps babe! X.

• laurynevarts
      10.16.12 at 9:00 pm (2 years ago)

Seriously! They’re lovely!

1. Lyn
    10.16.12 at 7:38 pm (2 years ago)

I use to get these years ago when I suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it really helped! I then found another Doctor that would give me a mix of B’s and other vitamins which was even better! It helped restore my health (along with a million other things I tried!) I now find it really hard to find a doctor that will give them. But it reminds me that I should try it again.
    Lyn recently posted..Improve Your Health with Oil PullingMy Profile

• laurynevarts
      10.16.12 at 9:00 pm (2 years ago)

I like the B complex shot too ; ).

2. Martie
    10.17.12 at 12:26 am (2 years ago)

Hey Lauryn!
    I am new to your blog and I love what I´ve seen so far. I want to head towards a healthier lifestyle myself and you already gave me some great tips to do that.

One thing I would love to know is which skincare do you use?! Any specific brand you can recommend? The thing is my skin is going crazy. It might be due to hormonal change but I am breaking out really badly and I never had problems with that. I do have combination skin and a tinted moisturizer was all I ever needed but right now I feel kinda self conscious going out without full make-up on………. I know that an improved diet and workout will change my skin condition dramatically but still I want to help with the right products.

I did my research and so far I´d either start with Dermalogica, Clinique or Bobbi Brown when it comes to skincare.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot!

Martie
    Martie recently posted..Monday Madness: The Late EditionMy Profile

• Judy
      03.15.13 at 2:49 am (2 years ago)

NuSkin Transformation is by far the best skincare on the market.

3. Heidi kokborg
    10.17.12 at 3:58 am (2 years ago)

I definitely have to try B12 shots! :) Thanks for the tip!
    Heidi kokborg recently posted..Inspiration!My Profile

4. jennie khun
    10.17.12 at 6:36 am (2 years ago)

What is the dosage you get? Do you know what the difference is between the shots and taking a vitamin?

5. Brittany @ Protein And Pumps
    10.17.12 at 6:59 am (2 years ago)

Interesting! I’ve only ever heard of celebrities getting these and didn’t realize they were so common. I emailed my doctor and he confirmed he gives them. I will have to try it out!
    Brittany @ Protein And Pumps recently posted..Motivated MondayMy Profile

6. Natalina
    10.17.12 at 7:11 am (2 years ago)

B12 is essential to us! Specially if you’re a vegetarian. I am taking B12 tablets everyday, but maybe I should see my doctor about getting a shot. Great tip! Thanks!!

7. Evelyn
    10.17.12 at 9:46 am (2 years ago)

You know, you can just take the shot..

• laurynevarts
      10.17.12 at 10:44 am (2 years ago)

I feel like the injections work better than the pills! Maybe that’s just me though ; ).

8. Dani
    10.17.12 at 12:21 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Lauryn!

Was sent here from Healthy Bitch Daily, and am absolutely loving your blog!
    I have been hearing a lot about B12 shots/pills lately and want to try it out but am still a bit skeptical. Can you be too young to take B12 shots, im 21. Also are they only here to help and not hurt? any negative side effects for current users or in the future? for some reason i feel like they will shoot my metabolism for the future if i don’t continue taking them?

Thank so much! and am passing your blog along to others who are looking to live a fit and healthy lifestyle:)

Dani

• laurynevarts
      10.17.12 at 3:12 pm (2 years ago)

I haven’t had any negatives from the shot : ). I would definitely check with a doctor before you get them! : )

9. Lisa
    10.17.12 at 1:47 pm (2 years ago)

Out of curiosity, do you go to the Dr. every month for this? Or is it something you can pick up at the pharmacy and do yourself??? I wouldn’t mind doing it… but going every month to see the Doc isn’t really an option.

• Lisa
      10.17.12 at 1:48 pm (2 years ago)

Never mind.. Read your earlier reply to another reader’s comment :) No need to answer mine!
      Lisa recently posted..Me·owMy Profile

• laurynevarts
      10.17.12 at 3:10 pm (2 years ago)

You may be able to order them online and do it yourself. It’s $25 dollars a month at my doctor. E-mail me for more details at Lauryn@TheSkinnyConfidential.com. XO>

10. Martie
    11.11.12 at 2:09 am (2 years ago)

Hey Lauryn!

I read that the Cyanocobalamin B12 has tons of side effects other than the Hydroxycobalamin and the Methylcobalamin.

Which one do you get?!

Thanks!

11. Steve Sterling
    11.27.12 at 7:19 pm (2 years ago)

Another Great Tip Lauryn! I recommend the Methylcobalamin B12 shot over the Cyanocobalamin B12 because it can be used directly and avoids one extra step in making it available. Incidently the Methylcobalamin is a Methyl donor which is useful for Methylation, this is an important process in the Phase II Detoxification pathway in the Liver. In other words Methylcobalamin helps you to detox your bod! It is also necessary for the carrier protein that is used to carry the essential amino acids that are converted into the brain chemicals Serotonin (feel good) and Dopamine (antidepressant). In other words its good for your brain.that’s why you feel better after having the shot. Shots in San Diego are available at Sprouts for $10-$30, Dr. Austin is good I don’t know the others, here is the schedule Nationwide:

• laurynevarts
      11.27.12 at 10:45 pm (2 years ago)

Love this! I’ll check him out.

12. jessica
    02.15.13 at 9:08 pm (2 years ago)

You can get them at your doctors office or instead of driving to your doctor’s office and paying a copay just to get the shot you can get a prescription for the B12 and then you can give yourself the injections at home once a month. Insurance covers it. My copay was only $3.83 ! And that included the syringes. It is very easy to measure the liquid and to administer the injection. Tiny needle, you will barely feel it. I promise not painful at all. And so worth it. It will energize you right away. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome and most days I don’t move off my couch I just started taking these shots and right away I felt like a new person. Amazing!

13. Sue Rees
    05.15.13 at 8:46 am (2 years ago)

I have a B12 Injection every 2 months at my doctors, Im really interested to know how people can inject it themselves, I find them quite painful as the B12 has to be injected into the arm muscle, and there is no way I could do this on my own.

14. Stacey
    05.21.13 at 9:41 pm (2 years ago)

The shot just has to get under the skin, not the muscle. I give mine to myself in my thigh….

15. candacehope
    06.17.13 at 12:17 pm (2 years ago)

EVERYONE HAS TOLD ME THAT THE B12 SHOT WILL HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS IN A FAIRLY SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. SOME OF MY FRIENDS GOT THE SHOT AND LOST A SIGNIFIGANT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT FAST. IS THIS TRUE ??

16. Bibi Rai
    11.19.13 at 6:38 pm (1 year ago)

Doesn’t b12 shots help to lose some weight, I have147 pounds my age 57 love to lose10 pounds, how many months I have to take the shots

17. Roosevelt Warren
    12.25.13 at 9:38 am (12 months ago)

For Lyn RE: Weight loss clinic that administers B-12 shots.

If this location is to distant for you, you can ask them if they can refer you to a clinic closer to your area. I have had great success there.

Crenshaw Weight Management & Massage
    3762 Santa Rosalia Drive
    Los Angeles, CA 90008
    (323) 299-1890

Good Luck!

Shafon

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Why B12 Shots are AMAZEEEEE-!!!

1. […] you eat something delicious? Speaking of vitamins… try a B12 shot. I love these; find out why here. I recommend one a […]

2. […] of vitamins you’re consuming.Ok. Rant over.Happy Thursday!x.LFYI: I still love my monthly B12 shots, all-natural herbs, & probiotics ; ).11 CommentsFiled under BeautyTagged as B12 shots, Cheetos, […]