Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and food blogger, talks about the benefits of B12.

Why B12 Shots are AMAZEEEEE-!!!

October 16, 2012
by
LAURYN

No one likes to feel like a tired, lackluster old fart. You know what I mean…when you wake up with absolutely no spring in your step, eyes closed, grumbling for a Trenta-sized coffee. Ew!

Exercise, a daily cup of coffee, eating clean, juicing, andddddd my monthly B12 shot fix this lil’ problemo. Even though I would rather endure a tortuous death than get a shot [ let’s just say I’m a total fainter ], forcing myself to get over my fear of needles is worth it. Check this out:

Benefits of B12:

+ Increased energy levels- waaahhhhoooo!

+ It speeds the metabolism [ not in a creepy Hydroxycut-pilly way ].

+ Helps with depression + anxiety.

+ Improves moods [ buh-bye PMS; perf for TTOTM ].

+ Known to help prevent cardiovascular disease.

+ Helps with concentration. Much needed if you get distracted by everything [ <<< me ].

Try it once. For realsies. Thank me later!

Love.L

OH, ALSO:

43 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. laurynevarts Post author

I get the shots done at my doctor’s office. I know you can also go to some plastic surgeon’s offices too. If you can find a place in your area, Google ‘B12 injections in (insert your city here).’ Hope that helps babe! X.

1. Lyn

I use to get these years ago when I suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it really helped! I then found another Doctor that would give me a mix of B’s and other vitamins which was even better! It helped restore my health (along with a million other things I tried!) I now find it really hard to find a doctor that will give them. But it reminds me that I should try it again.
    Lyn recently posted..Improve Your Health with Oil PullingMy Profile

2. Martie

Hey Lauryn!
    I am new to your blog and I love what I´ve seen so far. I want to head towards a healthier lifestyle myself and you already gave me some great tips to do that.

One thing I would love to know is which skincare do you use?! Any specific brand you can recommend? The thing is my skin is going crazy. It might be due to hormonal change but I am breaking out really badly and I never had problems with that. I do have combination skin and a tinted moisturizer was all I ever needed but right now I feel kinda self conscious going out without full make-up on………. I know that an improved diet and workout will change my skin condition dramatically but still I want to help with the right products.

I did my research and so far I´d either start with Dermalogica, Clinique or Bobbi Brown when it comes to skincare.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot!

Martie
    Martie recently posted..Monday Madness: The Late EditionMy Profile

3. jennie khun

What is the dosage you get? Do you know what the difference is between the shots and taking a vitamin?

1. D

It takes longer before you notice any changes with vitamins. Shots work faster.

4. Natalina

B12 is essential to us! Specially if you’re a vegetarian. I am taking B12 tablets everyday, but maybe I should see my doctor about getting a shot. Great tip! Thanks!!

1. laurynevarts Post author

I feel like the injections work better than the pills! Maybe that’s just me though ; ).

5. Dani

Hi Lauryn!

Was sent here from Healthy Bitch Daily, and am absolutely loving your blog!
    I have been hearing a lot about B12 shots/pills lately and want to try it out but am still a bit skeptical. Can you be too young to take B12 shots, im 21. Also are they only here to help and not hurt? any negative side effects for current users or in the future? for some reason i feel like they will shoot my metabolism for the future if i don’t continue taking them?

Thank so much! and am passing your blog along to others who are looking to live a fit and healthy lifestyle:)

Dani

1. laurynevarts Post author

I haven’t had any negatives from the shot : ). I would definitely check with a doctor before you get them! : )

6. Lisa

Out of curiosity, do you go to the Dr. every month for this? Or is it something you can pick up at the pharmacy and do yourself??? I wouldn’t mind doing it… but going every month to see the Doc isn’t really an option.

1. Lisa

Never mind.. Read your earlier reply to another reader’s comment :) No need to answer mine!
      Lisa recently posted..Me·owMy Profile

7. Martie

Hey Lauryn!

I read that the Cyanocobalamin B12 has tons of side effects other than the Hydroxycobalamin and the Methylcobalamin.

Which one do you get?!

Thanks!

8. Steve Sterling

Another Great Tip Lauryn! I recommend the Methylcobalamin B12 shot over the Cyanocobalamin B12 because it can be used directly and avoids one extra step in making it available. Incidently the Methylcobalamin is a Methyl donor which is useful for Methylation, this is an important process in the Phase II Detoxification pathway in the Liver. In other words Methylcobalamin helps you to detox your bod! It is also necessary for the carrier protein that is used to carry the essential amino acids that are converted into the brain chemicals Serotonin (feel good) and Dopamine (antidepressant). In other words its good for your brain.that’s why you feel better after having the shot. Shots in San Diego are available at Sprouts for $10-$30, Dr. Austin is good I don’t know the others, here is the schedule Nationwide:

9. Pingback: Oh, So You Stuffed Your Face on Thanksgiving? No Probs...Here's Some Recovery Tips!

10. jessica

You can get them at your doctors office or instead of driving to your doctor’s office and paying a copay just to get the shot you can get a prescription for the B12 and then you can give yourself the injections at home once a month. Insurance covers it. My copay was only $3.83 ! And that included the syringes. It is very easy to measure the liquid and to administer the injection. Tiny needle, you will barely feel it. I promise not painful at all. And so worth it. It will energize you right away. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome and most days I don’t move off my couch I just started taking these shots and right away I felt like a new person. Amazing!

11. Sue Rees

I have a B12 Injection every 2 months at my doctors, Im really interested to know how people can inject it themselves, I find them quite painful as the B12 has to be injected into the arm muscle, and there is no way I could do this on my own.

12. Stacey

The shot just has to get under the skin, not the muscle. I give mine to myself in my thigh….

13. Pingback: Buh-Bye Supplements!!!

14. candacehope

EVERYONE HAS TOLD ME THAT THE B12 SHOT WILL HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS IN A FAIRLY SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. SOME OF MY FRIENDS GOT THE SHOT AND LOST A SIGNIFIGANT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT FAST. IS THIS TRUE ??

15. Bibi Rai

Doesn’t b12 shots help to lose some weight, I have147 pounds my age 57 love to lose10 pounds, how many months I have to take the shots

16. Roosevelt Warren

For Lyn RE: Weight loss clinic that administers B-12 shots.

If this location is to distant for you, you can ask them if they can refer you to a clinic closer to your area. I have had great success there.

Crenshaw Weight Management & Massage
    3762 Santa Rosalia Drive
    Los Angeles, CA 90008
    (323) 299-1890

Good Luck!

Shafon

17. Dawn

I love the B12 shots. I am on a strict meal plan (4oz lean protein 6 times a day) & workout regimen (weights 3X a week and 2-3 cardio) and instantly feel rejuvenated once I get the injection. I got mine through a “Groupon” offer at a local Houston spa for $49 for 8 weeks (Once a week). Once the Groupon deal is over, I will check with my family Dr. As a matter of fact, I’m on my way to get my weekly injection now, then head to the gym. :)

18. Sonya Belcher

A nice write up! Last year, I suffered from fatigue and weakness, and met my doctor. The doctor discovered that I had been with the Vitamin B12 deficiency for a long time. He advised me to take Vitamin B12 patch to get back my previous health. Incredible, it nicely worked! Within a few weeks, I started feeling well. Before taking B12 patches, everything was going worse day by day. I would like to read and know new things related to Vitamin B12 deficiency, and, therefore, I read lots of related articles on net whenever I find time.
    Sonya Belcher recently posted..Who is at risk of B 12 vitamin deficiency?My Profile

19. Maryann C. Willis

Vitamin B12 is such an amazing thing which helps us from our brain to every bone , it takes care of our skin also, it nourishes the skin , gives nutrition through skin , prevents skin diseases , we get vitamin B12 mostly from animal foods, salmon fish is one of that source , fish oils help to maintain healthy skin.
    Maryann C. Willis recently posted..What is a B-12 Patch?My Profile

20. Julie Kulinger

I love the “B-Well” vitamin injection from Spark Health in Solana Beach. They have over 15 different kinds. For the ladies…They have a “PMS Remedy” vitamin injection, it takes my edge off, calms me down, and reduces my cramps. A must try!

21. tara

How often do you have to have vitamin b12 injections if you’re trying to lose weight?!

22. Michael

It’s possible that B12 shots might be more difficult to come by soon. The FDA has stepped in to separate drug compounding for individuals (503A) versus for bulk use (503B). So a lot is changing at the moment and the people who have made B12 shots in the past didn’t make them aseptically (in a clean room) and I’m guessing that the FDA will try to shut them down. Many people got sick or died in 2013 from similar injections. For the moment you’d be best to go with an oral supplement or find a doctor who’s using a registered 503B compounding facility.

23. Lori Smith

I was diagnosed as having extremely low B12 levels a few months ago. I was prescribed daily B12 shots for several months then gradually reduced the frequency to now just once a month. It was a hassle going to get the shot so the doctor showed me how to inject myself and it really wasn’t hard or painful. The needle I use is the same size used to inject insulin. The injections are cheap too. Only about $5 a pop. I could tell a big difference in the way I felt fairly quickly.