Replace Sodium-Filled Airplane Peanuts with These Smart Snacks

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and fashion blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

The worst idea ever: boarding a plane without having snacks.

I have made this mistake before & it won’t be ever happening again. Ever.

Flying already makes me feel like a dehydrated, hypoglycemic, fatigued buzzkill, so why not prepare myself? Since I also happen to have a constantly hungry BF [ << he’s “hypoglycemic” in his own mind ] remembering handbag snacks is a must. These were some of my Cabo plane snacks:

+ Ready Snax 150 cal packs: baby carrots, cheese, grapes, & pretzels

+ Spry cinnamon gum [ technically not a snack, but so delish ]

+ Ginger snap “cookies” by Go Raw

+ Synergy Kombucha

+ Bare Fruit apple chips

+ A huge bottle of H20

+ Not pictured: a banana & almonds

Sooooo, what are your healthy snack suggestions?

P.S. My black bunny ear’d phone case is found here ; )…& for those who asked: I’m still doing the 3 days of protein [ + some lettuce ]; these pics were taken last week! X

Love.L

12 comments on Replace Sodium-Filled Airplane Peanuts with These Smart Snacks

1. Lauren
    09.11.12 at 6:45 pm (2 years ago)

I thought you were starting 3 days of just protein?? I am really interested in this, so just wondering if you decided not to!! :)

• laurynevarts
      09.11.12 at 10:47 pm (2 years ago)

I did start the protein 3 day (with a bit of lettuce); these pictures are from last thursday when I left for my trip! xoxo

2. larinna @ iheartspandex
    09.11.12 at 8:53 pm (2 years ago)

I love the protein & veggie Bistro boxes from Starbucks, oatmeal packets, fruit leathers, nuts and apples .

• laurynevarts
      09.11.12 at 10:47 pm (2 years ago)

YUM! Me too ; ). Nice choice Larinna! X

3. sJ
    09.12.12 at 4:53 am (2 years ago)

How did you get the kombucha on a plane through TSA?

• erin @WELLinLA
      09.12.12 at 3:40 pm (2 years ago)

Ditto! That’s not TSA-approved ;) And I’m a fan of bringing mini-sandwiches or wraps if I have the time. Or grabbing raw nuts. I’m more thirsty than hungry on flights (less than 5 hours). If I do forget and need food in a pinch I find the healthiest protein bar option possible… or if flying Virgin wait for their in-flight service. Hands down the best in-flight food!
      erin @WELLinLA recently posted..11×30: Raw & RealMy Profile

4. Charlene
    09.12.12 at 2:07 pm (2 years ago)

I love kombucha! How were you able to bring that on the plane with you? Did you have to bring it thru security or did you buy it at the airport?

5. Godalming
    09.12.12 at 2:33 pm (2 years ago)

I always take with me some dried fruits and nuts (no sweeteners or salt) and loads and loads of water. Thank you for your post, I am about to travel, so it’s most useful!
    Godalming recently posted..Soundtracks: Modern classics, top 15.My Profile

6. Vegetarian
    09.12.12 at 6:47 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for showing your favorite health snacks. You gave me ideas on what should I replace of my old snack habits. Are these ideal for dieters like me?

• laurynevarts
      09.12.12 at 10:31 pm (2 years ago)

7. Sarina
    09.13.12 at 5:38 am (2 years ago)

I’m a flight attendant so this is the bane of my life! I always find (if organised enough) fresh fruit and veggies cannot be beat. Healthy and the fresher they are, the more hydrating they are when flying. Herbal teas (just ask for a cup of hot water) and yogurts are good options too. Trust me – hot meals on board are just horrific stats-wise.

• laurynevarts
      09.13.12 at 10:40 am (2 years ago)

LOVE this! Thanks Sarina ; ).