Mini DeLites

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, fashion blogger, and health blogger stays at the One&Only Palmilla in Cabo. She talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

[ The most refreshing watermelon & papaya popsicles ]

[ My babe ]

Let’s just say that after tortilla chips, Pico de Gallo salsa, ginger margaritas, fresh guacamole, & a way too much fun, I’ll be shocking my body back to reality. Like really, really shocking my system. Hardcore.

The next three days will be spent making up for my Cabo vacation. I’m kicking my ass into gear with an hour workout each day & eating a diverse, exciting diet full of protein. Protein, protein, & some more protein for three.full.days. No veggies, no fruit, no alcohol [ *sigh* ], no carbs, no shit. Just protein. Think eggs, protein shakes, tofu, nuts, tuna fish, protein bars, turkey, chicken. Sounds fun, right?

Work hard, play hard {!!!}. This trick works to completely reset the bod.

Welp, at least my protein pity party doesn’t start until tomorrow ; ). Wine, anyone?

Love.L

[ Pretty, pretty orchids ]

[ Need.need.need. this rain shower ]

[ Water bottle additions: orange, lime, & grapefruit juice shots ]

[ A view I could totally get used to ]

18 comments on Mini DeLites

• Anonymous
      09.10.12 at 7:35 pm (2 years ago)

To kick your body into ketosis; instead of burning sugar, your body burns fat. It sort of forces the body to burn fat. Certain veggies can turn into sugar!

1. Tara
    09.10.12 at 8:16 pm (2 years ago)

I may have to try this! I’m nervous all that protein would make me gain though! You should give us details :)

2. Larinna @iheartspandex.com
    09.10.12 at 10:40 pm (2 years ago)

What does eating all that protein and no fruits and veggie do for the body? I can understand no fruit but no veggies? I have to know why so I can do it when Ive been eating bad!

• Larinna @iheartspandex.com
      09.10.12 at 10:43 pm (2 years ago)

didnt realize you already answered my question! are there any veggies that are ok to eat?
      Larinna @iheartspandex.com recently posted..Push It Part Two- Best of the BestMy Profile

• Anonymous
      09.11.12 at 11:07 am (2 years ago)

Lettuce is ok : ) xox

• Anonymous
      09.11.12 at 11:08 am (2 years ago)

It’s just shocking your body into ketosis. Lettuce is ok. xo

3. Stefana
    09.10.12 at 10:53 pm (2 years ago)

Lauryn,
    You’re an inspiration and so adorable. I look forward to your posts and I am so glad I found your blog. Glad you had fun in Cabo!

• Anonymous
      09.11.12 at 11:07 am (2 years ago)

Thanks for your support, Stefana! I am flattered you like the blog : ))).

4. Sarina
    09.11.12 at 6:53 am (2 years ago)

Hey, would you consider blogging exactly what you eat the next few days? I’m quite curious and interested in this ketosis theory, am looking forward to your feedback! Would you include natural/Greek yogurt as a pure protein, and would stevia be okay or considered cheating? Thanks :)

• Anonymous
      09.11.12 at 11:03 am (2 years ago)

Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt work fine! And no Stevia ; ). I’ll post an example of a day of protein later this week! XO

5. tilds
    09.11.12 at 9:08 am (2 years ago)

looks like you’re on an amazing location! can’t figure out exactly where you are though? would love to go there at my christmas holiday!

btw, as i live in sweden, i’ll actually see sara montazami and her family on telly today in “swedish hollywood wives”. so weird when i realized that you actually know her haha!

• Anonymous
      09.11.12 at 11:02 am (2 years ago)

We are at the One & Only Palmilla in Los Cabos, Mexico!

I LOVE Sara- she’s a doll ; ).

6. erin @WELLinLA
    09.11.12 at 10:58 am (2 years ago)

Not a fan of “shocking the body” back from vacation, but have several friends who swear by that method. I’m headed to Cabo next month for 10 days of vacation and cannot wait to feast on the fresh seafood, omelets brimming with veggies (our hotel makes the BEST!) and drinking lots of (bottled!) water to stay hydrated while playing in the sun. I tend to stick with my healthy diet on vacation so there’s no need to reset when I return – just go on with life (and answering the 500+ emails… eeeeek!).
    erin @WELLinLA recently posted..11×30: Raw & RealMy Profile

• Anonymous
      09.11.12 at 11:01 am (2 years ago)

Have fun in Cabo : )) you’ll love it!

• erin @WELLinLA
      09.11.12 at 2:37 pm (2 years ago)

Absolutely. It’s our easy-breezy-SoCal escape.
      erin @WELLinLA recently posted..11×30: Raw & RealMy Profile

7. Brittany
    09.11.12 at 10:58 am (2 years ago)

Hey L,

Curious, what all the protein? I know normally you detox with a juice fast, is a protein fast something new and awesome I should be doing?

Just curious!
    bty

• Anonymous
      09.11.12 at 11:01 am (2 years ago)

It shocks your body BIG time! I detox with a juice fast about four times a year, but also use other methods. The protein method is effective and quick!