Bagel Apple Rings…But Without the Carbs & Cals

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, lifestyle blogger, health blogger, and skinny blogger talks healthy, easy recipes.

I’m.a.huge.believer.in.snacking. Meals are overwhelming- that three meal-a-day concept is BS. When I saw these on Pinterest, I decided to add some skinny mods. Instead of raw oats or sugary granola, I subbed Ezekiel’s Golden Flax cereal [ << yummmm ]. On the bagel-sliced apples, I used a swipe of almond butter, rather than peanut butter. Lastly, diced apricots + chopped pecans were used as a substitution for wrinkly, old raisins.

Why this snack is amaze: it’s easy, quick, ideal for worker bee’s…& the best part: the apple rings are incredibly filling.

So no. They’re not technically carb-filled, overly salted bagels. Just apples shaped like them ; ).

P.S. if you’re a bagel addict & apples don’t fit your fancy, try using bagel thins.

Love, Lauryn Evarts

7 comments on Bagel Apple Rings…But Without the Carbs & Cals

1. Meg @ Peaches and Cake
    08.30.12 at 4:24 am (2 years ago)

You’re right – these do look amaze-balls. Great brain food I bet! And I bet little kiddies would like them too!

• laurynevarts
      08.30.12 at 10:08 am (2 years ago)

Perfect for kiddies ; )). xo

2. Mary @ Fit and Fed
    08.30.12 at 10:02 am (2 years ago)

Very nice, and I’m sure the nut butter helps them be filling. I’m allergic to peanuts, so it’s almond butter or walnut butter all the way for me. I make my own using my Vitamix.
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted..Walnut ButterMy Profile

3. Crista
    08.31.12 at 5:00 am (2 years ago)

these look amazing. i think i’ll have a few for lunch today :)
    Crista recently posted..Kale.My Profile

4. Frederick Lamprey
    06.22.13 at 7:12 am (1 year ago)

i always look for healthy recipes because i am very conscious with my own health and my kids.-”.;

Newly released piece of writing produced by our own online site http://healthmedicine.cobh

5. Janna Selman
    09.04.13 at 10:16 pm (12 months ago)

I am always looking for good healthy recipes.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Bagel Apple Rings…But Without the Carbs & Cals

1. [...] I eat one daily and crave them. Apples slices are also fun with cheese or almond butter ( click here for a delicious apple snack ). Try this-chop up some apples, celery, & walnuts. Mix together [...]