My Fitness + Health Story

Lauryn Evarts, fitness, fashion, health blogger with tips and tricks on how to lose weight.

Some of you have asked about my fitness/health story…Don’t worry, I won’t write a full-blown biography. I’ll make it quick ; ).

I grew up in San Diego, which in my opinion, is a pretty health conscious city. People are always moving; they’re surfing, outdoors, hiking, at the gym, &/or swimming on the reg. You are what you surround yourself with, so residing in SD has definitely been an advantage: most of my family & friends are constantly active & practice clean eating. Anyways, throughout my childhood I did the whole ballet/tennis/soccer thing [ weird, right? *sarcasm* ]. LOVE tennis [ << thx mom & dad ; ) ].

Shortly after high school, my god-mom, Jen, asked if I was interested in tagging along to a spin class. Since the elliptical was my go-to, mixing it up sounded appealing.

One of the best things about the class was the energy. It was full of fitness lovers, motivating music, & a no BS, balls to the walls, boot-camp type of instructor. I.fell.in.love.

I’ve always been sort-of anxious, it’s not necessary diagnosed anxiety, but just an uneasy feeling. Working out quelled that feeling immediately.

So I joined the gym, participated in tons of different workouts, & then discovered Pure Barre. For about a year & half I taught the effective workout which is based on isometric movements. Now I teach proformer Pilates [ I'm obsessed ].

Somewhere in between attending SDSU [ for TV broadcasting/theatre ], modeling, & teaching, The Skinny Confidential was born. At such a large college there were practically no healthy options; everything I ate needed modification. The Freshmen 15 30 40 is no joke- so many girls go away to school, completely uninformed on healthy eating. TSConf is all about fitness, diet modifications/substitutions, fashion, creating, photography, blogging, beauty, & clean living. Pretty much I’m trying to help people make healthy decisions when it comes to food & exercise. More on my blogging journey here.

As of now, I am working towards because a certified fitness nutritionist with the International Sports & Science Association, writing for the Skinny Bitch ladies, & helping bring awareness to health as a FitFluential ambassador.

Let’s just say this…I’ve always been that annoying girl using Starbucks’ green tea to chase tequila shots…instead of sugary, concentrated cranberry juice… ; )

X,

Love, Lauryn Evarts

P.S. This month’s newsletter was sent out today. If you’re interested in receiving it [ there's recipe tips, fitspiration, etc. ] subscribe on the left-hand side or leave your e-mail address in the comment section below.

Newer comments

53 comments on My Fitness + Health Story

• Anonymous
      08.15.12 at 3:27 pm (2 years ago)

You should receive it later today : ) xo

1. Teresa
    08.15.12 at 3:40 pm (2 years ago)

Just got it, thanks Lauryn!

2. Shuree
    08.15.12 at 4:19 pm (2 years ago)

Would love to see the newsletter!

3. Zosia Boczanowski
    08.15.12 at 4:52 pm (2 years ago)

Yes please!

4. Abigail
    08.15.12 at 5:12 pm (2 years ago)

You should do a post on ways for girls to eat healthy in college! With the modifications that you mentioned in this post :)
    Abigail recently posted..Thankful Things Thursday!My Profile

5. Sarina Bedwell
    08.15.12 at 11:41 pm (2 years ago)

Please add me to the newsletter mailing list! sarina_@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot!

6. Natascha
    08.16.12 at 12:33 am (2 years ago)

7. Laurie
    08.16.12 at 6:03 am (2 years ago)

Loved this post Lauryn!

8. Lara
    08.16.12 at 9:31 am (2 years ago)

Your hair looks amazing! How did you grow it so long, and how long did it take? Thanks for all your inspiration!

9. Jessica @ {Chic Sugar}
    08.16.12 at 12:29 pm (2 years ago)

Jessica @ {Chic Sugar} recently posted..Rose CupcakesMy Profile

10. Rachel
    08.16.12 at 4:31 pm (2 years ago)

Love the newsletter! The arugula salad looks amazing. I’m also obsessed with your salad dressing recipe. It’s my staple dressing now. :)
    Rachel recently posted..Calling Out To My Fab FollowersMy Profile

11. Courtney
    08.22.12 at 4:07 pm (2 years ago)

So inspiring!!! Keep up the amazing work Lauryn :)

• Anonymous
      09.13.12 at 10:41 am (2 years ago)

Will do! Thanks for reading Tiffany!

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on My Fitness + Health Story

1. The Q & A Fairy-!!! says:

[...] my story. Ta [...]

2. Meet Lauryn Evarts | Everything's a Thing says:

[...] inspiration behind the blog was a process. You can find my story here . Long story, short: there was an opening in the fitness/health/lifestyle blogging world. I felt [...]

3. Power People : Meet Lauryn Evarts (Skinny Confidential) – Simply Taralynn says:

[...] I’ve always been into healthy living. My parent’s have always served fresh, organic foods and encouraged exercise. I also realize there’s an advantage because I’m surrounded by healthy living in San Diego. My advice to anyone struggling with changing their lifestyle, is moderation, clean eating, lots of water, & patience! You can find my health + fitness journey here.  [...]

4. Life of An Entrepreneur: The Good, The Bad, & The Nasty says:

[...] can read the rest of post-high school story here & here ( << this were I found my calling/passions [...]