Questions/Comments/Requests ???

Lauryn Evarts, fitness model and health blogger talks how to motivate yourself.

[ Halloween ’07: Pixy dressed up like her mom ]

Reader question!!!: do you guys have recipe, snack, &/or topic requests? Or any fitness moves or specific workouts you would like to see on blog? Please, please comment below & LMK what you’re curious about. I want to answer all your questions through e-mail, but it’s easier to kill two birds with one stone & do a full blog post. Happiest Sunday!

Lauryn Evarts talks juicing and skinny tips. She is a fitness and wellness blogger from Southern California with weight loss tricks.

Newer comments

35 comments on Questions/Comments/Requests ???

1. Priscilla P
    06.24.12 at 5:52 pm (2 years ago)

Seriously a huge fan of your blog! Definitely doing the juice cleanse before my trip to Hawaii (I have the document but I’ve been holding it off)!
    I’d love to see simple recipes for 1-2 people, and maybe some print out workout sheets?
    Thanks and cheers!

2. ally
    06.24.12 at 6:17 pm (2 years ago)

You should share your fitness & health story. Why you got into it etc… have you always been in shape?
    Can you also share your favorite places in San Diego county? Things to do, places to eat, sights to see etc…
    Thanks! I love reading your blog

3. sam
    06.24.12 at 8:56 pm (2 years ago)

How to properly and sustainably remain in maintenance. Once we have toned up or reached our goals, how do we find the measures to keep it that way, always?

4. mary
    06.24.12 at 8:58 pm (2 years ago)

How to get abs, please! I have muscle all over my body- my arms, legs, etcetera, and my stomach feels rock solid, and yet I barely see enough abs! How long does it take to get them? Because I checked my body fat levels, and they are safe and good.

• Sofie
      06.26.12 at 7:02 am (2 years ago)

Cardio !

5. erik
    06.24.12 at 8:59 pm (2 years ago)

Does age affect muscle definition? My girlfriend wants abs, and she’s only eighteen. I find it difficult to believe that an eighteen year old girl can get ripped.

6. sierra martin
    06.24.12 at 9:02 pm (2 years ago)

Alright, this may sound very complicated, but I must ask! I have noticed that at one supermarket (Sprouts), their raw, organic walnut halves and pieces are 183 calories per 1/4 cup. At Trader Joe’s, their organic walnut halves and pieces are 200 calories per 1/4 cup. Which one is telling the truth? I do not understand how the same food can have a different number of calories, when the only ingredient is the contents of the item!

7. Bri
    06.24.12 at 10:51 pm (2 years ago)

I thought you were joking about her wig…just showed my family this pic! So funny, where did you get it we need one for one for our dogs!

8. Sarah
    06.25.12 at 6:31 am (2 years ago)

Workout tips for a pear-shaped body, how to get a slimmer lower body!
    Thanks!

9. Chelsie
    06.25.12 at 6:58 am (2 years ago)

I’d love to see what your typical day consists of not only activity wise, but also with eating! I know each day is different, but just to give us an idea.

10. Sam
    06.25.12 at 7:12 am (2 years ago)

I have just starting exercising & eating healthy after having a baby {2 years ago}…To reach my UGW I have 65 lbs. to lose.
    It’s been about 2 weeks that I’ve really been into it & have only lost .5 lbs. I am keeping a food & exercise log, but I’m not counting calories…just trying to eat healthy.
    I am getting really frustrated with the lack of weight loss even with all of my work I’m putting into it. Do you have any suggestions for food &/or exercises that might help?

11. Laurie
    06.25.12 at 7:14 am (2 years ago)

I’d love to hear some fun and easy quinoa recipes if you have any? Also, I love when you share some of your outfit picks!

12. Melissa Bashaw
    06.25.12 at 7:38 am (2 years ago)

Hey Gorgeous.. ok.. I have a million questions but I will keep it to three ;)

1. How about some topics on Sugar. Everyone is so obsessed with calories, carbs and fat that no one ever thinks about Sugar.

2. How about tips on what to eat and what to work out for your body shape. Apples, Pears, etc.

3. I know that you have mentioned before that you do not count calories but for some us that are trying to lose weight calorie counting is essential. Maybe a food plan with calorie, fat, carb and sugar count.

Thank you!! xoxo
    Melissa

13. Melissa A
    06.25.12 at 7:41 am (2 years ago)

your pup is working the blonde….adorbs!!

I would like to see more simple recipes (the squash one was YUMMY) and also if you have any favorite circuit training routines…..oh, and it’s super helpful when you post your daily eats! It’s just nice to get a good idea about snacking throughout the day and serving sizes….thanks so much, loving the blog!

14. Ashley
    06.25.12 at 7:42 am (2 years ago)

What can I eat when I’m having a sweet craving (rather than reaching for peanut m&ms!)?

• laurynevarts
      08.15.12 at 3:25 pm (2 years ago)

Try dark chocolate, raspberries stuffed with white chocolate chips, and/or Arctic Zone ice cream (it’s 150 calories a pint!). x

15. cc
    06.25.12 at 8:13 am (2 years ago)

i have been doing pure barre approx 3 days a week for a year now and i have gained 5 lbs but my clothes fit better. is this normal? how long does it take the body to shed the fat around the muscle so you actually see the definition? thanks so much! love your blog!

• laurynevarts
      08.15.12 at 3:21 pm (2 years ago)

Yes, muscle weighs more than fat! You’ll start to shed fat in about two months. Keep with it doll! X

16. alice
    06.25.12 at 9:23 am (2 years ago)

Hi!
    What is your best advice for getting visible abs?.. All I hear is “running”, just to lose fat. I’m close, but this final bit takes so long! And I was wondering the same concering the thighs, I would love to see that beautiful muscle on the outside;)

Great blog! Regards from Sweden

• laurynevarts
      08.15.12 at 3:20 pm (2 years ago)

I would do Pilates, strength training, no carbs after 5 pm, water, green tea, and light alcohol. xo

17. josie
    06.25.12 at 10:12 am (2 years ago)

do you do cardio?

and what are your favorite pilates moves to lengthen and tone??

love your blog!!!

• laurynevarts
      08.15.12 at 3:19 pm (2 years ago)

Yes two days a week! My favorite Pilates moves are hundreds & teaser ; ). x

18. Emily
    06.25.12 at 11:23 am (2 years ago)

Great blog! It’s my go-to when I need motivation! I’d love to learn more about your “daily grind”. What is a typical week like, including cheat meals/drinks/eating bad snacks at social events/etc. Do you work it 7 days/week or do you have a rest/recovery day? I need tips and motivation to stay consistent! I’ll have a GREAT couple of days followed by a really bad one. I’m always fluctuating. If everyday could be a GREAT day I’d be a Skinnista too! ;)

• laurynevarts
      08.15.12 at 3:18 pm (2 years ago)

Sunday is my rest day ; ). Everything in moderation. I usually don’t work out & have some chips and salsa! LOL.

19. Cara
    06.25.12 at 11:39 am (2 years ago)

Really want to see exercises to slim down bulky legs! Thanks!!!!

20. Karen
    06.25.12 at 11:40 am (2 years ago)

On the fashion front, if you know of any websites to buy maxi dresses for petites. I have googled it, but haven’t had a whole lot of luck.

• lisa
      06.28.12 at 1:33 pm (2 years ago)

Karen, have you tried Boden? I got a really cute maxi dress from them a couple of months ago. I’m only 5’2″ and it fits perfect! I feel your pain fellow shortie!

• laurynevarts
      08.15.12 at 3:14 pm (2 years ago)

I would buy a regular maxi skirt and get it altered! I love altering things : ). xo

Newer comments