Make Your Own Healthy Jam in Five Seconds

Lauryn Evarts, best fitness blogger of 2012 talks skinny tips and tricks and how to lose weight.

These blog is all about eating what you love with slight modifications. I have all these weird, odd food tricks I do on daily basis…Example: I like jam & toast. So, I started making my own berry jams— and no, we aren’t talking the cute, cozy, Martha Stewart kind of way. Since I am always running late, my healthy jam trick needed to be time efficient. Cue “the Five Second Jam” recipe. I use any type of berry [ preference: raspberries, boysenberries, &/or blueberries { sometimes all mixed together } ], throw about eight on a plate, & mash them with a fork. Then I sprinkle 1/3 of an all-natural Truvia packet on the berries + one squeeze of lemon. Pop a piece of 7-carb Oasis bread in the toaster & then add your homemade jam-  & voilà! This instantly cuts the processed sugars & the other shitty chemicals that are in most store-bought jelly/jams/preserves.

+ Side note: adding a swipe of almond butter [ << hello protein! ] to the finished product is delicious too!

Lauryn Evarts talks juicing and skinny tips. She is a fitness and wellness blogger from Southern California with weight loss tricks.

19 comments on Make Your Own Healthy Jam in Five Seconds

1. Nik
    06.19.12 at 4:46 pm (2 years ago)

Smart and definitely a lot healthier and fresher tasting than store bought jelly! One of those ideas that once you hear it you think “Oh duh!” Thanks!

2. Heather
    06.19.12 at 9:46 pm (2 years ago)

Such a great idea that I instantly thought why didnt I think of that! I love your blog and so excited to come across it!!

3. Lio
    06.20.12 at 5:35 am (2 years ago)

Can you also show how to make a skinny raspberry dressing ?

4. Allyson
    06.20.12 at 6:10 am (2 years ago)

I love easy and I love jam. Thanks for the tip. I will try it on the Husband today.

5. Kelly
    06.20.12 at 2:23 pm (2 years ago)

Love raspberries, this is such a perfect idea! :)

6. Justina
    08.15.12 at 11:45 am (2 years ago)

Hi, started using Truvia since seen it first on your blog, than heard somewhere on another “healthy web” that it is actually good for you, but still can’t get used to the taste of it!! To me it just tastes like a standard sweetener, diet coke or simply something artificial!! So how natural it is?Ingredients say: bulking agent,sweetener, erythritol, natural flavourings and only 1% stevia leaf!!!!!!! Not sure about it…..
    Justina recently posted..Primark -New SeasonMy Profile

• laurynevarts
      08.15.12 at 1:44 pm (2 years ago)

Try plain Stevia or use a bit of natural cane sugar : ).

• laurynevarts
      12.03.12 at 12:29 pm (2 years ago)

LOVE this; thanks Danielle! XO.

7. MMEstrada
    12.17.12 at 12:21 pm (2 years ago)

I want to make this in bulk. Will it keep? or do i have to make this every time I make a sandwich? xoxo

12.17.12 at 4:35 pm (2 years ago)

I’ve never tried it! Let me know how that goes : ).

8. online blogs
    09.16.14 at 2:12 pm (2 months ago)

whoah this weblog is magnificent i like reading your posts.
    Keep up the great work! You recognize, many individuals are hunting round for this info, you could help them greatly.
    online blogs recently posted..online blogsMy Profile

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Make Your Own Healthy Jam in Five Seconds

1. Mini DeLites says:

[...] in the mornings make it possible to boil a cup of green tea, eat a piece of sprouted toast with this five second jam recipe, & even have some protein-filled cottage cheese. But I mean, let’s [...]

2. [...] this 5 second, fresh au naturel [...]

3. [...] egg ( << add to a dinner plate ), & mash your favorite berries with a fork ( remember my five second jam recipe? ). After this keep it simple, stupid: soak both sides of toast, add to medium heat skillet, & [...]

4. [...] DIY Rasberry Jam Ingreds:: + a handful of organic raspberries. + a squeeze of lemon. + a squeeze of Manuka or local honey. [...]