Hello Potassium-! Coconut Water Ice Cubes

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger and health blogger from Southern California with tips for eating and drinking.

These pure coconut water ice cubes are a staple in our freezer. I throw them in smoothies, sparkling water, & eat them as a sweet snack. Oh ya, I may or may not add them to vodka…Next time instead of drinking the whole box of O.N.E. coconut water in one gulp [ 14 grams of sugar! ], add a couple of the frozen cubes to your drink of choice. A coconut water plus? It contains TONS of potassium [ << helps maintain blood sugar & impacts brain function ] and electrolytes [ << fab for post-workouts ]. Cheers to Summer 2012!

+ Side note: adding them to smoothies works well because the coconut water stays neutral. And the heart-shaped ice cube trays are a fun, girly touch too!

Lauryn Evarts talks juicing and skinny tips. She is a fitness and wellness blogger from Southern California with weight loss tricks.

13 comments on Hello Potassium-! Coconut Water Ice Cubes

1. Lindsay Loves Veggies
    06.13.12 at 6:43 pm (3 years ago)

Love this idea! I hate using a whole container of coconut water in one sitting, so ice cubes seems like a perfect solution to get some extra electrolytes! Thanks! :)
    Lindsay Loves Veggies recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #13My Profile

2. Catherine
    06.13.12 at 8:57 pm (3 years ago)

What a great idea! Love this.

Catherine
    FEST (food, style & travel)

3. Hanna
    06.14.12 at 9:26 am (3 years ago)

Does this brand of coconut water contain natural sugars from the coconut or is it artificial?

06.14.12 at 10:41 am (3 years ago)

It’s all-natural. No added sugars ; ) xx

4. Merilee
    06.28.12 at 10:12 pm (2 years ago)

How many calories are in one cube, or in the whole bottle of coconut water?

5. tradesmen
    04.08.13 at 10:52 pm (2 years ago)

How do you find a way to develop this type of excellent masses involving commenters to your internet site?

6. Donny Pownell
    06.16.13 at 5:19 am (2 years ago)

Naturally refreshing, coconut water has a sweet, nutty taste. It contains easily digested carbohydrate in the form of sugar and electrolytes. Not to be confused with high-fat coconut milk or oil, coconut water is a clear liquid in the fruit’s center that is tapped from young, green coconuts..’,-