How to Recover from a Few Days of Eating like Shit

Lauryn Evarts talks weight loss and how to live a healthy lifestyle.

Since I stepped off the plane from SF, I’ve felt bloated, tired, & slightly hungover…until today. You know that post-Thanksgiving scene when you feel like a fat pig? Welp, that needed to disappear- stat. I wanted to show you all how to get back on track after a few days of eating crap & drinking too much booze:

++ How to Recover from a Few Days of Eating like Shit:

+ Sweat it out: that’s right. Don’t make excuses- it’s more effective to force yourself out of bed & sweat it all out, as opposed to lounging around. Today I did a Pilates class & then met my workout group at the beach for some strength training [ see above: Sara, Elena, & Bri ]. I cannot express how much better I felt. My endorphins kicked in- & boom!!! Instant recovery.

+ Example of a recovery meal plan:

- Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal + blueberries + cinnamon + Truvia + rice/almond milk.

- Snack: watermelon or grapefruit slices [ these are both 92 & 91 % water ].

- Lunch: an open-faced sandwich [ that means one slice ; ))) & I prefer 7 carb Oasis bread ] with spicy mustard, sliced tomatoes, chili flakes, lettuce, & organic turkey [ toasted ].

- Snack: one apple, sliced with two scoops of a nut butter.

- Dinner: load me up with veggies! Tonight will be an arugula salad with watermelon chunks, avocado, beets, broccoli, celery, orange bell pepper & cucumber slices with a sliced egg on top [ dressing a bit of red wine vinegar, EVOO, fresh lemon, garlic, & Italian seasoning ].

Dessert: fresh berries with squeezed lemon on top or a small piece of dark chocolate.

+ Water [ + some coffee & tea ]: drink as much water as possible. Coffee [ with a splash of soy + cinnamon + nutmeg ] gives me a nice jolt. More than one cup & I turn into a full-blown maniac- lol. Green tea is full of antioxidants AND speeds the metabolism!

+ Cut alcohol for a few day: buh-bye wine! Detox a bit. It’s fabulous for your skin, hair, & liver. Give yourself a break.

Sooooo…stop the self-criticism BS & do something productive about it!

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger and health expert talks how to feel better after overeating.

Lauryn Evarts talks juicing and skinny tips. She is a fitness and wellness blogger from Southern California with weight loss tricks.

20 comments on How to Recover from a Few Days of Eating like Shit

1. Flower
    05.29.12 at 5:14 pm (2 years ago)

I totally felt like doing your detox today. I too felt like crap after this weekend!

Glad to know I’m not the only one that had to get back on track and be strict today.

2. Aimée
    05.29.12 at 8:50 pm (2 years ago)

After today and Saturday night I need this. Awesome post.

3. d p
    05.29.12 at 9:26 pm (2 years ago)

good stuff

4. Laura
    05.30.12 at 4:26 am (2 years ago)

Sounds like a plan! I’m taking tips from your food list there. I am keen on working out and do it regularly but always eat high fat foods (the healthy kind though)
    Laura recently posted..Petit Pois SoupeMy Profile

5. Brianne
    05.30.12 at 6:49 am (2 years ago)

nice. love the title lol- definitely caught my eye bc glad Im not the only one! ;) definite detox week- lots of water and light meals (and of course back to the daily workout regime)
    Brianne recently posted..Pearl Barley Summer SaladMy Profile

6. Jasmine
    05.30.12 at 7:59 am (2 years ago)

LOVE this! Seriously such great advice.
    XO
    Jasmine recently posted..Never.My Profile

7. Jayme
    05.30.12 at 8:57 am (2 years ago)

This is EXACTLY what I needed to read after this long weekend. Thanks for the post!

8. Erin
    05.30.12 at 12:26 pm (2 years ago)

I know just how you feel! I needed this article two weekends ago after I got back from a trip to Nashville. After 4 days of sugary alcoholic drinks and BBQ pork I was in major need of a detox plan like this one.

That salad looks yummy!

9. Jessica
    05.30.12 at 4:23 pm (2 years ago)

Great post! You should do another with more meal plans!

10. jessica
    05.31.12 at 9:06 am (2 years ago)

i wanted to know your opinion on coffee… i’m addicted, but i read about the negative effects a lot. what’s your take on it?

05.31.12 at 4:45 pm (2 years ago)

1 to 2 small cups a day are fine, esp before a workout. More than that, in my opinion, can cause awful effects: bad breath, anxiety, and heart palpitations. Hope that helps! xx

11. Shelon
    06.02.12 at 1:04 am (2 years ago)

Hi, Lauryn! I always feel like this after the holidays. I want to be carefree during the holidays so I eat and drink whatever and whenever I like :) But like you, I do become conscious after the long celebration is over. My number 1 detox and destress activity has always been exercise. It’s a nice feeling when you are able to eliminate body toxins through sweating them out.
    Shelon recently posted..5 Foods that Prevent Heart DiseaseMy Profile

12. Bridee
    06.19.12 at 11:52 am (2 years ago)

Great advice!… what kind of green tea do you buy?

06.19.12 at 1:54 pm (2 years ago)

Mighty Leaf : ) xx

13. Alex
    06.30.12 at 12:03 pm (2 years ago)

Fitness trainers and dietitian says that detoxifying yourself should be a done regularly, and not only when you feel you feel bloated or intoxicated. Good post by the way.

14. alexandra
    11.26.12 at 2:38 pm (2 years ago)

i really needed to see this today! been feeling like CRAP since thanksgiving due to my indulging lol but did a nice HIIT workout today and feel a lot better :)